Page 449 of 695 FirstFirst ... 349399439445446447448449450451452453459499549 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,735 of 10419

Guys, we don't have to put Harley Quinn and Wonder Woman against each other. A Wonder woman cartoon would be in a very different style from the Harley Quinn show so they aren't competition.
    Last edited by Alpha; 05-02-2022 at 09:47 AM.

Honestly, there's no good reason for WW not having an animated series. People don't need to carry water for these billion dollar media companies just because they own the rights to their favorite characters lol. Especially when they apparently think there's demand for a WW video game which is a much bigger financial undertaking.

If Harley can star in two straight flops and still get a push, no reason Wonder Woman shouldn't. There's literally no good reasoning for it. It's similar to how Aquaman made a billion at the box office and DC did nothing in other media to take advantage of it. They're straight up incompetent when it comes to DC.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Honestly, there's no good reason for WW not having an animated series. People don't need to carry water for these billion dollar media companies just because they own the rights to their favorite characters lol. Especially when they apparently think there's demand for a WW video game which is a much bigger financial undertaking.

If Harley can star in two straight flops and still get a push, no reason Wonder Woman shouldn't. There's literally no good reasoning for it. It's similar to how Aquaman made a billion at the box office and DC did nothing in other media to take advantage of it. They're straight up incompetent when it comes to DC.
    Correction: They’re straight up incompetent when it comes to DC, except Batman. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Like having Darkseid speak once, never again and then nothing else happens to advance the "upcoming" war? Lol.
    Well, admittedly Darkseid standing menacingly and letting things progress by his unspoken designs is very...Darkseid Is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Regarding Cassandra Cain and Halo...
    People responded positively to Cassandra Cain on the show, but the character of Halo was so drastically changed from the source material The creator of the Outsiders didn't like this change and that of Geo-Force. Fans consider Halo one of the worst characters in the show (along with Geo-Force). Because of her annoying personality and voice, taking the spotlight from the original characters and forcing religion on the show.
    I think they did a much better job with Cass but there were definitely some issues with it (Her wielding a sword, not being able to speak at all, not being self-aware about how bad "Orphan" is as a codename).
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Guys, we don't have to put Harley Quinn and Wonder Woman against each other. A Wonder woman cartoon would be in a very different style from the Harley Quinn show so they are competition.
    I don't think people are trying to pit them against each other (unless they don't like Harley) so much as just saying it makes no sense for her to have her own cartoon or all this promotion versus DC's leading lady.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

People responded positively to Cassandra Cain on the show, but the character of Halo was so drastically changed from the source material The creator of the Outsiders didn't like this change and that of Geo-Force. Fans consider Halo one of the worst characters in the show (along with Geo-Force). Because of her annoying personality and voice, taking the spotlight from the original characters and forcing religion on the show.
    Halo dying really episode is the best thing about her. Other than that, she is annoying. Can't say the show has done a good job making me want to care about her. The ending of season 3 finally did something interesting with Geo-Force and done nothing to follow up on it in Season 4. It's frustrating how much potential Young Justice loves to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Is there any reason to not have a Wonder Woman cartoon, besides that she is not Batman, and that some people at DC or WB are maybe mentally still not living in the 21th century and somehow missed that She-Ra as example happened in the 1980s?
    She also happened in the 2010s, lol. Maybe they think kids won't take to Greek mythology? But then Disney did do Hercules in the 90s.

True. She's definitely not like her comic counterpart. But if they wanted an Islamic teen hero, who was there available? I can only think of Solstice, and it never really came up in her comics stories the way it does for Kamala Khan.

Geo-Force's change was simply a case of what TV Tropes calls Not His Sled. The viewers would've expected his sister Terra to be the villain among the heroes since she was in the comics, so they switched it.

Wonder Twins axed? Only a few days after they announced the casting?
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-reportedly-ki...er-twins-film/
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-02-2022 at 09:43 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She also happened in the 2010s, lol. Maybe they think kids won't take to Greek mythology? But then Disney did do Hercules in the 90s.

True. She's definitely not like her comic counterpart. But if they wanted an Islamic teen hero, who was there available? I can only think of Solstice, and it never really came up in her comics stories the way it does for Kamala Khan.

Geo-Force's change was simply a case of what TV Tropes calls Not His Sled. The viewers would've expected his sister Terra to be the villain among the heroes since she was in the comics, so they switched it.

Wonder Twins axed? Only a few days after they announced the casting?
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-reportedly-ki...er-twins-film/
    Terra and Geo-Force are Eastern Europeans. I love what they did with Terra on the show. She is much better than she was depicted in The Judas Contract ( where she was depicted as an evil underage psychotic girl who lusts after an older man which is an Eastern European and Slavic stereotype). But I hated Geo-Force. They made him a hot-tempered ( literally ) arrogant buffon who acts immature for his age and acts first before he thinks. As for Halo, they changed her because of her voice actress, Zehra Fazal. Greg Weisman said "I wrote the role with her in mind." Zehra is a great voice actress, she voices other characters on the show like Hawkwoman, Bluebird and Talia al Ghul but I don't like her role as Halo.

Well, Zehra must be doing a good job, considering that I didn't notice that when Harper Row talks to Violet Harper, she's talking to herself - as seen in the credits sequence of one of the recent episodes.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

And they are putting a lot of money into their new Disney+ Percy Jackson show right now. Kids tend to favor Greek mythology over other mythologies. Plus, Wonder Woman has a diverse array of non-mythology related villains and supporting characters. There really is no reason to have not given her an animated series after the gigantic success of her first film.

Well, Zehra must be doing a good job, considering that I didn't notice that when Harper Row talks to Violet Harper, she's talking to herself - as seen in the credits sequence of one of the recent episodes.
    The only thing she can't do is baby voices.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe they think kids won't take to Greek mythology? But then Disney did do Hercules in the 90s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    And they are putting a lot of money into their new Disney+ Percy Jackson show right now. Kids tend to favor Greek mythology over other mythologies. Plus, Wonder Woman has a diverse array of non-mythology related villains and supporting characters. There really is no reason to have not given her an animated series after the gigantic success of her first film.
    I guess a big question that can be asked is would both already established fans and a general audience take to a WW cartoon done in a style similar to '90s Hercules or Percy Jackson?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I guess a big question that can be asked is would both already established fans and a general audience take to a WW cartoon done in a style similar to '90s Hercules or Percy Jackson?
    I think most fans would expect something in the vein of the DCAU.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think most fans would expect something in the vein of the DCAU.
    Not speaking for myself, but from what I noticed, many WW fans weren't terribly fond of how WW and her world were depicted there. I had no problem with it, but many on the WW boards didn't seem to be too thrilled with it.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post

Well said. It's beyond parody now. Batman's car and freaking Kite Man got a show before WW.

I don't think Solstice religion has ever been specified.

The closest I think DC has to a muslim superhero is the Turkish hero Janissary Here are some thoughts from Turkish readers about her (headline is misleading): https://ahvalnews.com/comics/turks-d...need-superhero

Not speaking for myself, but from what I noticed, many WW fans weren't terribly fond of how WW and her world were depicted there. I had no problem with it, but many on the WW boards didn't seem to be too thrilled with it.
    I think when people say Timm style they are thinking more about the art style, animation and story structure.

If it was the Timm designed WW with the Susan Eisenberg voicing her on a show that included the Contest, Ares and her personality and stories were true to how they were depicted by Perez, Jiminez and Rucka I don't think many would complain.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Ultimate Member

Do it in a style like the DCAU.

Which I would expect because that universe already has the molds to those figures. If they were looking at toys that is.

Other wise I would look at Young Justice style.