Page 460 of 690 FirstFirst ... 360410450456457458459460461462463464470510560 ... LastLast
Results 6,886 to 6,900 of 10349

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Stargirl is honestly pretty high quality in terms of acting and writing.
    Yeah sure. Really high quality

BANNED

Tom Ascheim is leaving his post as President Of Warner Bros. Global Kids, Young Adults and Classic two years after he joined WarnerMedia and a month after that company’s merger with Discovery was completed. He is one of two senior programming executives on the WarnerMedia side of the company who are departing after their positions have been eliminated following the merger, along with Brett Weitz, General Manager of TNT, TBS and TruTV. Both will stay on for a brief transition period.

In his role, Ascheim, a respected veteran TV executive, oversaw Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Boomerang, the studios of Cartoon Network and Warner Bros Animation in Los Angeles, and had global responsibility for the Turner Classic Movies channel. Iconic IP, series and characters under his purview included Looney Tunes, DC’s animated Super Heroes, Rick and Morty, Craig of the Creek, the classic Hanna-Barbera library, Tom and Jerry, Scooby-Doo. He subsequently added oversight of kids and family programming for HBO Max as well as Warner Bros.’ Harry Potter franchise and Wizarding World properties.
    https://deadline.com/2022/05/tom-asc...cs-1235021790/

Extraordinary Member

The Real Reason for Batwoman and Legends of Tomorrow's Cancellation Is Not What You'd Expect

While ratings played a factor in The CW's decision to end Batwoman and Legends of Tomorrow, there was another surprisingly pragmatic factor.
    https://www.cbr.com/reason-why-batwo...anceled-cw-dc/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The Real Reason for Batwoman and Legends of Tomorrow's Cancellation Is Not What You'd Expect

While ratings played a factor in The CW's decision to end Batwoman and Legends of Tomorrow, there was another surprisingly pragmatic factor.
    https://www.cbr.com/reason-why-batwo...anceled-cw-dc/
    So now can we stop with the "go woke, go broke" crap? They're selling off the network. That makes a lot more sense than any other explanation. S&L and Stargirl already are on HBOMAX so they can transition over easiest. And I'm sorry but Naomi has way too complicated an origin. They couldn't just give her powers in an explosion or something. No, everyone has to be from the multiverse now, I guess.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Hold it there. Stargirl is written like any other CW show in terms of quality. Maybe with less filler.

And they have the same quality of actors. But at least they are more faithful to the comics than most shows and have better suits/ action
    Have to disagree. The character's a teenager and it's set in high school, for sure, but it's less contrived and melodramatic than previous Arrowverse fare. And just the fact that they got Luke Wilson is leaps and bounds better than most everyone that's ever appeared on an Arrowverse show.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yeah sure. Really high quality

I liked this scene.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So now can we stop with the "go woke, go broke" crap? They're selling off the network.
    The anti-sjw channels don't want to hear that.
    Anyway a bunch of them are already saying it was canceled because go woke go broke and the other shows being canceled because of that etc..
    Last edited by mace11; 05-13-2022 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So what films are you guys hoping to see in the tomorrowverse? I really hope we can see an actual Wonder Woman movie along with an Aquaman and Vixen film.
    I'm honestly hoping that they mostly avoid trying to "adapt" any more classic storylines because they can only disappoint on that regard imo. But if they stick to largely original stories that only take inspiration from stories like Man of Tomorrow did, I could enjoy it greatly. Their version of The Long Halloween only pissed me and left me cold - easily the worst experience watching a DC movie I've ever had - and I've seen both the live action films Catwoman and Green Lantern. On the other hand, Man of Tomorrow was an absolute delight and one of my favorite Superman movies easy. So I want more like Man of Tomorrow, and nothing else like Long Halloween ever again. So we'll see.

I'm also hoping for fewer in universe Batman movies, because I just didn't like Ackles in the role.

More Flash would be good, thought he was pretty good in JSA WWII.

I'm not a huge Green Lantern fan, but I think that the franchise is due another animated outing.

More Wonder Woman is always welcome.

I would like a Shazam movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm honestly hoping that they mostly avoid trying to "adapt" any more classic storylines because they can only disappoint on that regard imo. But if they stick to largely original stories that only take inspiration from stories like Man of Tomorrow did, I could enjoy it greatly. Their version of The Long Halloween only pissed me and left me cold - easily the worst experience watching a DC movie I've ever had - and I've seen both the live action films Catwoman and Green Lantern. On the other hand, Man of Tomorrow was an absolute delight and one of my favorite Superman movies easy. So I want more like Man of Tomorrow, and nothing else like Long Halloween ever again. So we'll see.

I'm also hoping for fewer in universe Batman movies, because I just didn't like Ackles in the role.

More Flash would be good, thought he was pretty good in JSA WWII.

I'm not a huge Green Lantern fan, but I think that the franchise is due another animated outing.

More Wonder Woman is always welcome.

I would like a Shazam movie.
    Prior to the shared animated movie verse inspired by the nu 52 the animated adaptations were pretty good. New Frontier, Batman Year One, All-Star Superman, etc. were all great. It's like with the advent of that animated movie verse they lost all ability to adapt altogether or suddenly thought they were smarter than the people whose stories they were trying to adapt (which they clearly weren't. The less said about their versions of Gotham By Gaslight, The Judas Contract, and Hush the better).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Prior to the shared animated movie verse inspired by the nu 52 the animated adaptations were pretty good. New Frontier, Batman Year One, All-Star Superman, etc. were all great. It's like with the advent of that animated movie verse they lost all ability to adapt altogether or suddenly thought they were smarter than the people whose stories they were trying to adapt (which they clearly weren't. The less said about their versions of Gotham By Gaslight, The Judas Contract, and Hush the better).
    True. I did happen to like Gotham by Gaslight, but that might be because I never read the book. The rest were...mediocre at best. I used to really like their adaptations, but now I only hope they adapt stories I have no interest in.

A decade ago. DC a decade ago could have made a The Long Halloween adaptation I would have loved automatically. But instead I live in the timeline where I wish I hadn't wasted my time or money.

I mean, if they think they can properly adapt a comic book storyline to that universe, I think they should go for it, but I more or less enjoyed the adaptions of both the Tucker-verse and the Tomorrow-verse.

I think Dark Victory...might happen? I know they talked about it when doing LoH and it seems like the next thing to do. I don't know if they'll time-skip enough so Babs is old enough to be Batgirl but with the Batgirl movie drawing so much from Year One they might not need too.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The anti-sjw channels don't want to hear that.
    Anyway a bunch of them are already saying it was canceled because go woke go broke and the other shows being canceled because of that etc..
    If they're selling the network it's a moot point regardless because EVERYTHING'S going.
    Assassinate Putin!

I mean, if they think they can properly adapt a comic book storyline to that universe, I think they should go for it, but I more or less enjoyed the adaptions of both the Tucker-verse and the Tomorrow-verse.

I think Dark Victory...might happen? I know they talked about it when doing LoH and it seems like the next thing to do. I don't know if they'll time-skip enough so Babs is old enough to be Batgirl but with the Batgirl movie drawing so much from Year One they might not need too.
    I respectfully disagree. They might think that they can successfully adapt a storyline into their universe, but in my opinion they've never done so once outside the Death (but not the Reign or Return of) Superman. And I rather not have to sit through their sorry attempts. They do better with original stories imo, so I'd rather they just focus on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I respectfully disagree. They might think that they can successfully adapt a storyline into their universe, but in my opinion they've never done so once outside the Death (but not the Reign or Return of) Superman. And I rather not have to sit through their sorry attempts. They do better with original stories imo, so I'd rather they just focus on that.
    ToA, Judas Contract, and Reign were fairly good adaptions of their respective comics in my opinion. Well, ToA wasn't as good as the comic but I think JC and Reign were (give or take Reign feeling packed with everything they had to have in there).

I think the only movie they fumbled was Hush.

ToA, Judas Contract, and Reign were fairly good adaptions of their respective comics in my opinion. Well, ToA wasn't as good as the comic but I think JC and Reign were (give or take Reign feeling packed with everything they had to have in there).

I think the only movie they fumbled was Hush.
    Disagree. They were just kind of mediocre and subpar movies to me. The best one imo you listed was Throne of Atlantis story-wise, and even then it was only in a "less bad" kind of way, whereas the one I enjoyed most was Judas Contract, and that was only for the sort of Bond cult villain Brother Blood stuff! It honestly would have been a better movie without the actual Judas Contract aspect. Just the Titans taking on a Bond villain terrorist organization.