Page 467 of 693 FirstFirst ... 367417457463464465466467468469470471477517567 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,005 of 10395
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Will it still be called Plastic Man? Because....if not then...there's no use of his IP which is weird to do.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySpectre View Post
    Leslie Jones to voice Plastic-Woman in Adult Animated Comedy Series in the Works at Warner Bros Animation

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/les...es-1235275256/
    And WW still doesn’t have a series lmao. Who is this for exactly? Getting mixed signals from Zaslov if he’s approving stuff like this.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Guess the moral of the story is you no longer need to directly adapt specific characters that originated from the comics, just take make a new character that uses the same superhero name or has a similar backstory and cast a comedian. Who cares about Eel O'Brian or Ralph Dibny, just have Leslie Jones hijack the mantle. Might as well finally bring in Jack Black as GL too.
    Are they going to incorporate the character being a former career criminal? Even if that plays to racial stereotypes? Because that's kind of a big part of the character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Will it still be called Plastic Man? Because....if not then...there's no use of his IP which is weird to do.
    From the description it sounds like the name is just "Plastic," which actually sounds kind of worse. Like isn't that a derogatory form for shallow girls?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    And WW still doesn’t have a series lmao. Who is this for exactly? Getting mixed signals from Zaslov if he’s approving stuff like this.
    Oh god, you're right. They'd gender-flip Plastic Man before giving Wonder Woman her own cartoon.

Extraordinary Member

The real question is what are they saving Vixen for that they can only race swap Caucasian women

I understand a swap from time to time but there are so many established women they can be propping up.

Still no love for Wonder Woman, they could do a lot with Vixen but I could go on about that.

Even in the adult cartoon realm, they could've focused on Catwoman or even Amanda Waller for that.

If it's good I'll give it a shot but essentially this feels like it could just be about a woman who stretches, doesn't even have to be DC-related.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

I mean the article doesn't actually say that this is supposed to be a Plastic Man adaptation. It seems to say specifically that it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The real question is what are they saving Vixen for that they can only race swap Caucasian women
    I doubt they are saving her for anything to be honest. They likely find her concept too "out there". Besides they'll need good budget for her.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-24-2022 at 07:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Rogues Gallery and their vehicles in Batwheels.

The Rogues Gallery:

Gina Rodriguez - Catwoman
    The Catwoman in the pic above looks brown to me and not caucasian/white.

Extraordinary Member

CW Boss on 'Shock' of Cancellation Spree: 'We Encouraged Producers to Treat Their Finales as Series Finales'

https://tvline.com/2022/05/19/cw-can...rrow-batwoman/

CW Pres Makes Excuses For Canceled DCTV Shows! Batwoman, Legends & Naomi!

Are they going to incorporate the character being a former career criminal? Even if that plays to racial stereotypes? Because that's kind of a big part of the character.
    That was never a big part of Plas's identity to me - especially since I first knew him from the cartoon. He's goofy and changes shapes - that's all I expect from the character.

I think even the LoT ep's say it was their fault they wrote their finale with such a major cliffhanger.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    That was never a big part of Plas's identity to me - especially since I first knew him from the cartoon. He's goofy and changes shapes - that's all I expect from the character.
    I was first introduced to Plas through Brave and the Bold where it was introduced as a big part of his origin and why his attempt to be a hero was so meaningful, though I don't think him being an ex-con needs to be the most relevant part of his character.

I was first introduced to Plas through Brave and the Bold where it was introduced as a big part of his origin and why his attempt to be a hero was so meaningful, though I don't think him being an ex-con needs to be the most relevant part of his character.
    What I know about Plastic Man makes me think that his past as a criminal can be used in case the story needs a good reminder he can be pretty serious, that or adding more dimensions to his character other than "Pervert, goofy elastic dude" I guess.

Not that he needs a criminal past for that, but it can help.

Oh and a sex changed Plastic Man is getting a cartoon before Wonder Woman, because why the **** not. Diana's fucking cursed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Fantastic Member

Amusingly "goofy elastic dude" is a newer version of the character created by him leaving his original context behind. In his original stuff, he was the straight man. Woozy Winks was the silly one. And also his world in general to a degree. That partly remind when Phil Foglio brought him back he got a tad sillier.

Then he got put on JLA. Now how do you show that the guy who is famous for being from a comedic Super Hero comic is well that if he was his comic's, straight man? With no Woozy to be the silly one for him to bounce off the only way for him to represent his comedic element is to BE the silly one in a complete 180 on his orginal personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    As far as I remember, Zaslov didn't say animation has to be in continuity with the live action movies as well.

Regarding this getting greenlit over a WWTAS, I'm guessing it's coz the Harley Quinn show has been a big success for HBO Max. The Kite Man spin-off, the Velma show, and now Plastic-Woman all seem to be cut from the same cloth as HQ. Also I'm guessing they're cheaper to make than a Wonder Woman show in the vein of BTAS and STAS (now that we have waited this long, I'd prefer something at that level of animation quality and scope over something like the Aquaman show).
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 05-24-2022 at 11:16 PM. Reason: I previously said I thought this was around since a while but Variety clarifies that's another female-led Plastic Man project

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I doubt they are saving her for anything to be honest. They likely find her concept too "out there". Besides they'll need good budget for her.
    Grace Randolph said some WB execs don't want to use Vixen (at least on the movie side) coz they find her to be too much like Black Panther

I guess on a superficial level but LMAO. I guess Hollywood has room for only one animal-themed superhero from Africa.