Page 473 of 693 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523573 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 10394
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Well this is certainly a show that is happening
    Getting BOP vibes from this. Complete with all the problems that came along with it. So no Robin in this universe. And, by the look of it, no Two Face either. I'm already having Batman burnout. Now we're getting a Batman show that doesn't even have him in it. If you make fans choose between this and the one that takes place in the movie universe, it's a no brainer.
    Assassinate Putin!

I wonder if there will be a mid-show reveal that Turner is Damian ala the Skye/Daisy Johnson reveal in Agents of SHIELD.

I doubt they'd want to risk a whitewashing controversy if they "revealed" him as Damian. Meanwhile racebending the redhead is a joke at this point.

Gotham Knights obviously looks embarrassing but they want cheaper shows and that's what they got. Would've still been nice if it didn't look like it was made in 2002 rather than 2022. Makes you wonder how that and Superman & Lois are on the same network.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-01-2022 at 02:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I wonder if there will be a mid-show reveal that Turner is Damian ala the Skye/Daisy Johnson reveal in Agents of SHIELD.
    That would be a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yeah, bad enough that yet another red head got racebent (RIP gingers), but that would be whitewashing Damian.

If they had dyed the guy's hair black and called him Tim, they would not have been far off from comics Tim origins (original). There's actually a lot of ways they could have gone to make this better, but they went out of their way to not.

With Steph as the love interest, it basically is Tim. Probably just renamed him because of Titans.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

In the asian dcu thread there are folks that say Damian is drawn white or drawn white most of the time.
    If that's the case he is white bi-racial asian so it will not be whitewashing if he is suppose to be white looking anyway.
    For example spiderman 2099 is a white bi-racial who is half latino and he looks white.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There are a lot of Asian characters beside Damian missing from that poll.
    As for Damian's looks, frankly if DC doesn't acknowledge his Asian heritage, you can't be surprised if fans ignore it as well. Fans have no problem with Cass Cain, Rose Wilson and Connor Hawke who are also mixed race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    As comic readers I'd think that since we all know the Al Ghuls and that Damian is Talia's kid we all know of his heritage. There's ambiguity surrounding Ra's and the family history but we do still have some details from the comics. We know that there is some Chinese and some Middle Eastern Heritage on the Al Ghul side.
    Isn't that enough? Personally even when he is drawn very very pale, I've never considered Damian anything but a POC because the fact that he is Talia's kid is knowledge I possess. DC plays up his AlGhul side as much as his Wayne side.
    I see your point on the names in the poll. I just excepted that since the character is in constant publication and has been highly visible [over exposed even] that he would be one of the first names that comes to mind when one thinks of Asian characters in the DCU.
    Admittedly that was an assumption on my part that was strengthen by past debates/comments on Damian being viewed as too white so isn't really POC and doesn't count as representation since his characterisation doesn't embrace the culture/heritage [he is often shown to be a copy of Bruce]

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I have not seen enough art work of Damian but if Damian is usually drawn as white then he is meant to be white.
    He will be a white bi-racial asian like the original version of karate kid(Val).
    THREAD: ASIANS OF THE DCU
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...the-DCU/page38
    Last edited by mace11; 06-01-2022 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Helena would've reminded too many people of BoP in my opinion.
    I don't think anything would remind most people of Birds of Prey.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I don't think anything would remind most people of Birds of Prey.
    Yeah, most people don't remember or even watched that show.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nş8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Superman And Lois On A DIFFERENT Earth Prime? How Is This Possible?

So that new episode of Young Justice. Holy ****.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So that new episode of Young Justice. Holy ****.
    Yeah might be the end for me depending on the last episode

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Well this is certainly a show that is happening
    Dear god, it looks bad. Cheap CW drama.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Incredible Member

Apparently, the last episode of Young Justice Phantoms (Episode 26) finished airing in Canada. This is because Canada doesn't have HBO Max. There are spoilers ( and even clips) from the episode online.
    Last edited by Veni; 06-02-2022 at 04:08 AM.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Apparently, the last episode of Young Justice Phantoms (Episode 26) finished airing in France. This is because France doesn't have HBO Max yet due to a deal. They will have HBO Max after 2025. There are spoilers ( and even clips) from the episode online.
    Yeah, the episode has been pulled, but I've just watched the clips that's been recently added on Youtube (and are still getting added) It's on a burner account, so the poster's definitely expecting their channel will get taken down. If anyone wants to watch the clips, they should probably hurry.

Bear in mind, every clip has major spoilers and some fans will definitely want to suffer the wait to get the full experience next week. I hope they have luck dodging spoilers until then because there's always going to be some lurking when this kind of thing happens.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 06-02-2022 at 04:14 AM.