Page 474 of 694 FirstFirst ... 374424464470471472473474475476477478484524574 ... LastLast
Results 7,096 to 7,110 of 10404

The ending is pretty crazy

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Look....i watched the leakes..some of them at least. The last 6 episodes made me want to see the show return for s5 but im already annoyed in my mind if the Wonders don't get to kick some butt w/these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Look....i watched the leakes..some of them at least. The last 6 episodes made me want to see the show return for s5 but im already annoyed in my mind if the Wonders don't get to kick some butt w/these characters.
    This season could've easily focused on Cassie. She became the leader of the Outsiders in a way similar to her being the leader of the Teen Titans post-Conner's death.

I'm still upset they skipped the healing for Gar when we slow burned through the depression. If you're gonna slow-walk us through the bad show us the good.

I would've liked a few scenes of the Outsiders dealing with his absence and cultivating their dynamics. Cassie stepping up would've been a nice development following her in Invasion when she was still new to being a superhero.

I liked this season but it was wonky in wanting to do character arcs because like two of these arcs actually handled it correctly. Still with the leaks, I'm excited for the future. Hopefully, the upcoming comic does well so we can get some more tie-ins.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Lol S4 ends with a major tease, going to be ironic if they don’t get a S5 given it’s the same kind of “holy ****” tease S2 ended with.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    This season could've easily focused on Cassie. She became the leader of the Outsiders in a way similar to her being the leader of the Teen Titans post-Conner's death.

I'm still upset they skipped the healing for Gar when we slow burned through the depression. If you're gonna slow-walk us through the bad show us the good.

I would've liked a few scenes of the Outsiders dealing with his absence and cultivating their dynamics. Cassie stepping up would've been a nice development following her in Invasion when she was still new to being a superhero.

I liked this season but it was wonky in wanting to do character arcs because like two of these arcs actually handled it correctly. Still with the leaks, I'm excited for the future. Hopefully, the upcoming comic does well so we can get some more tie-ins.
    It really shows the shows' priorities that they felt like a Beast Boy mental health/depression arc that didn't really have any bearing on the main plot deserved so much screentime versus focusing on something new like Cassie as leader of the Outsiders and getting more character development...but instead she's just an extension of the Beast Boy depression arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lol S4 ends with a major tease, going to be ironic if they don’t get a S5 given it’s the same kind of “holy ****” tease S2 ended with.
    I had a feeling this season was going to end on a cliffhanger.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It really shows the shows' priorities that they felt like a Beast Boy mental health/depression arc that didn't really have any bearing on the main plot deserved so much screentime versus focusing on something new like Cassie as leader of the Outsiders and getting more character development...but instead she's just an extension of the Beast Boy depression arc.
    It really shows the show's priorities that they felt like Beast Boy's descent into depression deserved so much screen time only for his recovery to be more or less completely offscreen

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    It really shows the show's priorities that they felt like Beast Boy's descent into depression deserved so much screen time only for his recovery to be more or less completely offscreen
    When the creators do a long running sub-plot but then don't actually have the time to properly resolve it...

In case anyone ever asks you why they should watch Batman: TBATB.

If any of the Wonder Women get to do anything I'll be surprised lol.

As far as the episodes I watched, Cassie has it far better than Diana and Donna, even has subtle character development going on in season 2, this and her being a heavy hitter who helps a lot in season 2 against Black Beetle are noticeable stuff, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sounds like it could potentially be pretty painful if it doesn't get renewed, but it would be kinda funny if it's cancelled in season 4, then it takes 6 years for season 5 to happen, y'know, like it happened between seasons 2 and 3 lol.

So the depression arc of that green bastard who has the same name as the unfunniest cat in existance ends awkwardly? Man, that's gonna make Zatanna's arc even worse now...

I had a feeling this season was going to end on a cliffhanger.
    What made you think that? Literally every finale it had? .

When the creators do a long running sub-plot but then don't actually have the time to properly resolve it...
    It feels like they do that a lot lol.

Wonder if Mary's plot went anywhere... Rethorical question by the way, don't answer that lol.

Anyways, so 25 came out today? Man I'm out of the loop long enough for that to happen... Episode 26 leaked too from what y'all are saying, I think I'll wait a week for it to officially come out, that way I can binge watch the rest and hope none of the arcs are as boring as "Zatanna's"'.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 06-02-2022 at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Anyways, so 25 came out today? Man I'm out of the loop long enough for that to happen... Episode 26 leaked too from what y'all are saying, I think I'll wait a week for it to officially come out, that way I can binge watch the rest and hope none of the arcs are as boring as "Zatanna's"'.
    I admit I still haven't watched the episodes in full - the last episodes are really the exception - because Lor-Zod has basically been carrying the second half of the season for me (my anticipation for the Zatanna arc - Khalid! - carried the first half of the season) so I've mostly only been interested whenever he's on screen. If it wasn't for him, I'd probably have dropped out of watching due to disinterest.

It's a shame because when the show is good, it's good and fun to watch with cool ideas for stories and characters (see Lor-Zod), but this season has such a problem with focusing.

!!!Spoilers for episode 26!!
    spoilers:
    The Markovia episode proved completely irrelevant to the story. It was inserted into the last arc and disrupted its flow for no reason whatsoever. That was almost an entire episode that could have been used for the story and the other characters actually relevant to the story.

It's like how the space arc has an episode dedicated to a character from a show that ended nearly a decade ago. Razer was my favorite character and it was a really nice tribute and all, but it becomes part of the show's bad pattern when it speedruns through Rocket's character development. They focused on introducing and providing a satisfying conclusion to Razer's story - a character who doesn't even appear again - while neglected Rocket's story, even though she's the actual show character and the one who's getting marketed on the poster
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 06-02-2022 at 04:17 PM.

I assumed it'd end on a cliffhanger because the momentum just feels...so much, and this feels like the season where Weisman would really break try to break the internet.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    If any of the Wonder Women get to do anything I'll be surprised lol.

As far as the episodes I watched, Cassie has it far better than Diana and Donna, even has subtle character development going on in season 2, this and her being a heavy hitter who helps a lot in season 2 against Black Beetle are noticeable stuff, but that's about it.
    In S2 yeah she gets some decent screen time but she's practically nothing after that.

Considering that this show seems to be building up to Countdown/Final Crisis I'm afraid the best we can expect for Wonder Woman is some quasi adaptation of Amazons Attack

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    I admit I still haven't watched the episodes in full - the last episodes are really the exception - because Lor-Zod has basically been carrying the second half of the season for me (my anticipation for the Zatanna arc - Khalid! - carried the first half of the season) so I've mostly only been interested whenever he's on screen. If it wasn't for him, I'd probably have dropped out of watching due to disinterest.

It's a shame because when the show is good, it's good and fun to watch with cool ideas for stories and characters (see Lor-Zod), but this season has such a problem with focusing.
    Yeah YJ has had focus issues for a while, but it did get worse now, and "Zatanna's" arc is a pretty obvious example.

Lor-Zod being cool is nice though.

!!!Spoilers for episode 26!!
    spoilers:
    The Markovia episode proved completely irrelevant to the story. It was inserted into the last arc and disrupted its flow for no reason whatsoever. That was almost an entire episode that could have been used for the story and the other characters actually relevant to the story.

It's like how the space arc has an episode dedicated to a character from a show that ended nearly a decade ago. Razer was my favorite character and it was a really nice tribute and all, but it becomes part of the show's bad pattern when it speedruns through Rocket's character development. They focused on introducing and providing a satisfying conclusion to Razer's story - a character who doesn't even appear again - while neglected Rocket's story, even though she's the actual show character and the one who's getting marketed on the poster
    end of spoilers
    Yeah I won't be reading that lol.

While I mostly don't mind spoilers, and may even go out of my way to see 'em, this time I wanna find out about what happens while I'm watching, for once.

In S2 yeah she gets some decent screen time but she's practically nothing after that.
    She had the funniest "romance" with Tim in season 3, in which the joke is that they never actually talk with each other on-screen ever lol.

But yeah, unfortunately, and if she still gets nothing in season 4, it's weird 'cause, she got a new design and all.

Then again, Static also got a new design in season 3, and all he did there was whine about not having a girlfriend and helping out Jefferson with his emotional issues, that was meh... I kinda expected Static to be one of the best things about season 3, kinda like how I found him to be the best thing about season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Considering that this show seems to be building up to Countdown/Final Crisis I'm afraid the best we can expect for Wonder Woman is some quasi adaptation of Amazons Attack
    I mean they adapted Mary Marvel becoming addicted to being "sergeant", so I won't be surprised if that happens lol.

But hey, Granny being behind everything could be funny, maybe she'll even make a music about it like Agartha did in WandaVision .
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 06-02-2022 at 09:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

It's kind of funny how YJ features so many characters and spotlights a lot of obscure or lesser known characters while at the same time wasting so many characters as well.