Page 475 of 695 FirstFirst ... 375425465471472473474475476477478479485525575 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,125 of 10422

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's kind of funny how YJ features so many characters and spotlights a lot of obscure or lesser known characters while at the same time wasting so many characters as well.
    Yeah, it's like a pizza with too many flavors, only in YJ's case it fills the pizza with too much of certain flavors and not enough of others, and some are burned or rotten too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah YJ has had focus issues for a while, but it did get worse now, and "Zatanna's" arc is a pretty obvious example.

Lor-Zod being cool is nice though.

Yeah I won't be reading that lol.

While I mostly don't mind spoilers, and may even go out of my way to see 'em, this time I wanna find out about what happens while I'm watching, for once.
    Oh no, that big section was just me taking the opportunity to vent at random passer-byers that had seen the last episode. I definitely think that if you've waited this long, you should wait for the last episode to come out and dodge the spoilers meanwhile. It's only about a week, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Then again, Static also got a new design in season 3, and all he did there was whine about not having a girlfriend and helping out Jefferson with his emotional issues, that was meh... I kinda expected Static to be one of the best things about season 3, kinda like how I found him to be the best thing about season 2.
    Man, I love Static (even managed to find twenty-two issues of the original run at a local store), so I was disappointed to find out that he basically didn't do that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    This looks like something that would've been produced in 2002.

Why are we having an OG character as the lead? Turner or whatever his name is? Bruce has plenty of "sons" to choose from. And Carrie Kelley was his sidekick but not Robin? Just a cute lil nickname? No costumes? Again....what year is this?
    To play devil's advocate, Batman Beyond had an OC at a time when Dick and Tim existed. Heck, Damian Wayne technically predates Terry.

edited post.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 06-03-2022 at 04:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    To play devil's advocate, Batman Beyond had an OC at a time when Dick and Tim existed. Heck, Damian Wayne technically predates Terry.
    To bad it takes place 20/30 years in the future. Dick, Tim were part of the universe BB came from. Their pasts weren't ignored. So this isn't the same thing.

And Terry doesn't really overlap with any of the Robins. I guess he's got a dash of all of them but he's still pretty unique in my opinion.

And Terry doesn't really overlap with any of the Robins. I guess he's got a dash of all of them but he's still pretty unique in my opinion.
    And quite an unique relationship with Bruce.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I don't think I've ever looked forward to a comic book adaptation more than this. Gaiman having creative control has greatly alleviated any concerns I previously had.

It feels weird seeing this outside the comic form.

Ending on the Corinthian and Matthew was a good choice.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Some interesting changes there (Johanna Constantine in the modern day??)... and some stuff ripped straight out of the comics!

I remain cautiously optimistic but I'm super looking forward to seeing it. For my money, Sandman is the single greatest comic book series ever, so let's just say that I really hope they get this adaptation right. I doubt it will be as good as Gaiman's original work but if its even half as good as the source material, we will be in for something truly special.

One small nitpick, though: I really don't understand why they gender flipped Lucien. One of the most notable things about the Sandman has always been that it has oodles and oodles of excellent female characters so why do it? And he has such a distinct look so I'm a bit confused why Neil Gaiman decided to go in what is pretty much the precisely opposite direction with the character on a purely visual level.

But then, I could say the same about Death, both because of how her looking like a pale goth girl has become so iconic and because I do like that the Endless, despite how they can change form at the blink of an eye, are drawn to look like biological siblings - but I really like Kirby Howell-Baptiste and I think she will do a great job of capturing one of the series' most memorable characters, so I'm down with her casting.

I'm happy to be proven wrong with Lucien as well, but of all the clear changes from the source that have been announced, this is the biggest head scratcher. No diss on Vivienne Acheampong, whose work I don't believe I've ever seen before, I'm just curious why they went in this direction.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Some interesting changes there (Johanna Constantine in the modern day??)...
    Long ago, I heard she'll end up in present day and fill the John Constantine role, a character Netflix can't use.

Long ago, I heard she'll end up in present day and fill the John Constantine role, a character Netflix can't use.
    She's too clean and pretty to be a modern-day Constantine .

She's too clean and pretty to be a modern-day Constantine .
    Never trust a pretty face. https://twitter.com/Netflix_Sandman/...63818387787777

Really does not project the same vibe .