Page 481 of 695 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491531581 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 10425
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Someone shared this on Twitter. Supposedly the season 5 plot leak
    Attachment 121746
    Attachment 121747

source:
    https://twitter.com/sennaverse/statu...ivQSMUltfIp-Eg
    No way this is real

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah those “leaks” sound too good to be true. That person didn’t share a source so I’m holding off on taking that as true right now.
    I dunno, "The team is evenly split on whether or not [Supergirl] will get a redemption, but they are working on a love interest" sounds just shitty enough to be believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I mean, in YJ's own context, this guy suddenly invades the plot to get developed like he's someone who you're supposed to know and then he fucks off in the same episode.

Regardless if I knew where he's from or not, my reaction to him would've been "Okay, but who the fuck?".

I mean shit, months ago I made similar complaints about Etrigan, and he's not nearly as awkwardly shoved into the damn plot of "Zatanna's" arc (Even if ultimately he's even more useless than Razor to the plot), and I do know who he is too lol.
    In YJ's own context, it was a one episode plotline where they encounter a guy with an issue and they solve it while simultaneously moving the pieces of the overall plot where they need to be. While I guess the fact that they both resolved the plot and had it tie into the themes of the arc does set it apart from YJ's normal way of doing things, there's quite a few episodes among all the seasons that don't integrate with the show nearly as well. The one episode with Geoforce this season, for example, or the one with bowhunter security in season 3.
    Last edited by Thezmage; 06-10-2022 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oracle mentioned him this season.
    Man, unless his name was mentioned back in season 3 (Which if so I would assume it was in Garfield's nightmare), it'd be funny if it took until season 4 for his name to be mentioned in-universe lol.

Kaldur at least got it better than Rocket. We got his backstory, why he is the way he is, and he did stuff in almost every episode if not as much as other characters.
    When it comes to his development, I think Rocket got it better, sure, we know his past now, but the way they developed it was just telling to Kaldur'ahm why he is like that, and then he goes from "I'm not gonna stop working" to "I'm gonna stop working" with no damn explanation why, while at least Rocket learned of Orion's struggles and related that to her son.

Not that either one is good, just that at least I have a reason to care about Rocket's since she actually developed, Kaldur'ahm keeps his bad development he trademarked in season 2.

Honestly I think a problem with how he develops was his flanderization, in season 2 he became far, far too stoic, which was understandable considering he was working for the Light now, and couldn't let his feelings go much, but season 3 kept it, and season 4 also kept it until he decides to stop working.

Thinking of it, he could benefit from dating a telepath, since the telepath could look into his mind and show what he's thinking in some situations and get him to relax or whatever, at least that way the fanbase could know what he's thinking, but I'm not sure if YJ would want to show his thoughts that much.

I hate how the show did nothing with my boi Garth
    It sucks he has it worse than Donna now, at least she punched Lady Shiva in the face once... Well, the face was protected by a helmet, but it's somethin'.

But yeah, about the only thing Garth briefly had going on was a more developed magic, after that, he just doesn't show up much, and is just a boring representative of Atlantis in meetings.

almost as much as I hated them giving the genocidal extremist a win.
    Man I didn't even know about that, checking out the wiki and the issue though, he was only in one issue and he has only one line, that one line is just him being racist too:

(Young Justice#14 vol 2)

And this makes a weird pattern where genocidal extremists get a win, with him and Malefaak being prime examples lol.

I mean...it's another "it helps to read the tie-in comic" thing but that also doesn't really help.
    You mean the tie-in comic where it shows they made out in a closet once, and a bit before season 2, Barbara was okay with him being a manwhore, to the point you can see her smirk at him kissing other women as her being turned on at it? Yeah, I can see why you say it helps, and it doesn't help.

For whatever reason the tie-in comics decides to say that the Team was Dick's harem, which was awkward.

Like, at least provide an explanation why literally nobody showed up in the amount of time it took during the fight in Metropolis.
    I think the best explanation you can come up with is that since the watchtower was outside of the Zeta-Shield once everyone decided to teleport that prince, it wasn't put inside the shield again, so the characters couldn't be teleported again for a bit, problem is, it needs most members to be inside the watchtower, and for the watchtower to move back inside the shield to become a slow thing (When it seemed rather quick in the cartoon).

I think it's way too early for their to be a season 5 plot leak assuming season 5 is already in production and they haven't even announced it yet.
    Yeah, at best it's just random plans they're coming up with on the fly, so even if this is legit, it could mean nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I dunno, "The team is evenly split on whether or not [Supergirl] will get a redemption, but they are working on a love interest" sounds just shitty enough to be believable.
    Why would the writers be split over someone brainwashed into being evil when they were okay with redeeming Tara who wasn't brainwashed at all? Sounds hella arbitrary, specially after this season, where Arthur held no grudges with the Orm clone.

The "working on a love interest" does sound believable though.

In YJ's own context, it was a one episode plotline where they encounter a guy with an issue and they solve it while simultaneously moving the pieces of the overall plot where they need to be. While I guess the fact that they both resolved the plot and had it tie into the themes of the arc does set it apart from YJ's normal way of doing things, there's quite a few episodes among all the seasons that don't integrate with the show nearly as well. The one episode with Geoforce this season, for example, or the one with bowhunter security in season 3.
    The big problem I have with Razor is just how much YJ expects me to know who he is for his damn plot to work, and again, it feels like I was thrown into the middle of his character development arc with no context over what he's doing, why he's doing it.

It at first felt like the usual "YJ expects you to know this", but his speech after he punched Metron back into the boom tube just made me think "I have no idea who this guy is and I'm kinda annoyed at his existance.".

And yeah, the security guard and Brion's episodes you mentioned don't work that well in advancing the plot, but at least, the security guard one gives some levity to the plot, which was nice after the darker first episodes, and Brion's episode at least kinda developing someone we actually know, Razor shit was just awkward since you need to have watched another cartoon to understand well what's going on with him, or even care about it.

Man it's a running gag over whether or not this cartoon gets a renewal or not at this point, that and lack of budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Honestly, I would be surprised if it did. Hearing how the new guard is just axing things left and right doesn't inspire confidence in me. While I think a heavier hand was needed, everything I heard makes it sound like they traded an overly permissive structure for an excessively restrictive one.

EDIT:
    It at first felt like the usual "YJ expects you to know this", but his speech after he punched Metron back into the boom tube just made me think "I have no idea who this guy is and I'm kinda annoyed at his existance.".

And yeah, the security guard and Brion's episodes you mentioned don't work that well in advancing the plot, but at least, the security guard one gives some levity to the plot, which was nice after the darker first episodes, and Brion's episode at least kinda developing someone we actually know, Razor shit was just awkward since you need to have watched another cartoon to understand well what's going on with him, or even care about it.
    I hate to say it, but this really isn't doing anything to disprove my assertion that if you didn't know he was from another cartoon you wouldn't ahve a problem with it.

I mean everything you need to know is in the episode: He had anger issues to the point of getting a red ring, tried to leave that anger behind him and embrace hope, and then realized that the anger was not, in itself, the problem, and found a happy medium
    Last edited by Thezmage; 06-10-2022 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I hate to say it, but this really isn't doing anything to disprove my assertion that if you didn't know he was from another cartoon you wouldn't ahve a problem with it.

I mean everything you need to know is in the episode: He had anger issues to the point of getting a red ring, tried to leave that anger behind him and embrace hope, and then realized that the anger was not, in itself, the problem, and found a happy medium
    Mary Marvel in "Zatanna's" arc had character development offscreen and the cartoon expects me to care about what happened offscreen to make her giving in to her power usage to have any meaning, I couldn't care about it because it all happened offscreen and her onscreen character development was hella awkward since so much of it relied on "Hey, this bad shit happened offscreen and we're not even using this arc's trademarked slideshows to show it!".

Razor shit was similar, at the end of the day, all the nonsense he went through happened offscreen in YJ's context.

So no, knowing about his shit happened in another cartoon only makes it slightly more annoying, but it's still something I find to be a waste of time regardless, since again, it's an amplified version of "YJ expects you to know this" shit.

I think Mary sucks and made that clear more than once, Razor is similar, and both are also just parts of the bigger problems that is YJ pretending time skips and/or having to know comics (And in Razor's case, another cartoon) are proper storytelling methods.

The way those two would look less annoying is if someone started to watch YJ in season 4 and assumed character development like Mary's and Razor's were from previous seasons and that it got solved here, in that case it would be just the viewer being ignorant of hack writers expecting you to care about something that wasn't shown in the damn cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And Terry doesn't really overlap with any of the Robins. I guess he's got a dash of all of them but he's still pretty unique in my opinion.
    I ask this as someone who likes Terry - What exactly is unique about him?

Originally, the fact he turned out to actually be the son of Bruce? But of course now we have Damian. The only thing unique about Terry now is his future setting.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

When it comes to his development, I think Rocket got it better, sure, we know his past now, but the way they developed it was just telling to Kaldur'ahm why he is like that, and then he goes from "I'm not gonna stop working" to "I'm gonna stop working" with no damn explanation why, while at least Rocket learned of Orion's struggles and related that to her son.

Not that either one is good, just that at least I have a reason to care about Rocket's since she actually developed, Kaldur'ahm keeps his bad development he trademarked in season 2.

Honestly I think a problem with how he develops was his flanderization, in season 2 he became far, far too stoic, which was understandable considering he was working for the Light now, and couldn't let his feelings go much, but season 3 kept it, and season 4 also kept it until he decides to stop working.

Thinking of it, he could benefit from dating a telepath, since the telepath could look into his mind and show what he's thinking in some situations and get him to relax or whatever, at least that way the fanbase could know what he's thinking, but I'm not sure if YJ would want to show his thoughts that much.
    I do feel like the climax of his overstressing himself was a little too anti-climactic.
    It sucks he has it worse than Donna now, at least she punched Lady Shiva in the face once... Well, the face was protected by a helmet, but it's somethin'.

But yeah, about the only thing Garth briefly had going on was a more developed magic, after that, he just doesn't show up much, and is just a boring representative of Atlantis in meetings.
    You would think an arc in Atlantis would finally give him time to shine since he's been there since season 1 but instead we get more with a character that shares his VA, Kaldur's boyfriend who is another Spider-Man VA, and basically anybody else.

It's like, his girlfriend dies and we spend more time on Kaldur mourning a girl he was never even with, he was Arthur's second protege in this continuity but Lagoon Boy is more relevant, and nobody cares about Garth and Donna being in the UN.
    Man I didn't even know about that, checking out the wiki and the issue though, he was only in one issue and he has only one line, that one line is just him being racist too:

(Young Justice#14 vol 2)

And this makes a weird pattern where genocidal extremists get a win, with him and Malefaak being prime examples lol.
    This show has some weird messages sometimes.
    You mean the tie-in comic where it shows they made out in a closet once, and a bit before season 2, Barbara was okay with him being a manwhore, to the point you can see her smirk at him kissing other women as her being turned on at it? Yeah, I can see why you say it helps, and it doesn't help.
    I don't think it was so much that she was okay with it, it's why she wasn't with him officially, but just that she takes it in good humor (probably because she knows he has his heart, maybe?).
    For whatever reason the tie-in comics decides to say that the Team was Dick's harem, which was awkward.
    There was really no reason for Rocket to be an ex-girlfriend other than to show Dick's been with a bunch of women.
    Man it's a running gag over whether or not this cartoon gets a renewal or not at this point, that and lack of budget.
    Don't forget about the time-skips, slideshows, and off-screen developments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I ask this as someone who likes Terry - What exactly is unique about him?
    He more or less starts out with a normal kid (even with his juvie record) trying to do right by his family, his friends, and himself and then he basically takes the Batman identity for himself and in doing so gets a relationship with Bruce that none of the other Robins have and get a much more different heroic journey of going from high school student with a checkered past to literally becoming the new Batman for an entire era.

So, Atlantis is under Hydra control?
    5485A14B-1CD8-45A9-87E0-F2E23B9BACFB.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

They already have an entire series bible worked out. They already know what they want to do next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They already have an entire series bible worked out. They already know what they want to do next season.
    That’s not how things work. They might have a rough idea of the plot beats they want to hit next season, but those “leaks” are claiming they’re already working on S5 and that’s not true. Besides those leaks are also claiming they’re not even sure if they want to redeem Kara or not, so if you were correct that’s another point against them because I’m sure Weisman would already know the endgame for Kara.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s not how things work. They might have a rough idea of the plot beats they want to hit next season, but those “leaks” are claiming they’re already working on S5 and that’s not true. Besides those leaks are also claiming they’re not even sure if they want to redeem Kara or not, so if you were correct that’s another point against them because I’m sure Weisman would already know the endgame for Kara.
    That's totally how things work for certain teams. Knowing what they may want to do is common. A series bible doesnt have every single outcome for every character because things will still change here and there. They already said that the whole bus storyline was worked out from S1. Of course they will change things here and there since thats just realistic. I already said in another post that I dont think this is real but this team thinks long term and not short term.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    That's totally how things work for certain teams. Knowing what they may want to do is common. A series bible doesnt have every single outcome for every character because things will still change here and there. They already said that the whole bus storyline was worked out from S1. Of course they will change things here and there since thats just realistic. I already said in another post that I dont think this is real but this team thinks long term and not short term.
    Guess we’ll find out if S5 gets announced but that the Twitter account which shared the leak refuses to post the source and none of the usual leak sites have this info, so I believe it’s fake.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm taking it with a HUGE grain of salt.