Page 483 of 695 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483484485486487493533583 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 10425
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I think a lot of the vitriol about Young Justice just comes from the long wait. If S3 happened 8 years ago, people wouldn’t have nearly as mixed feelings about it. A lot of viewers are just tired of waiting for the finale and don’t like the slow burn Weisman and the other writers are going for.
    Nah. S3 is just bad and the huge shift to new and uninteresting characters didnt do anything to help it. I didnt like S2 characters being sidelined, Halo being the new M'Gann, Brion being the new Conner, Halo dying every episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Again, the problem is that they presented Razor's shit like it's the middle of his character arc, I had no reason to care about him now because I don't see the emotional impact over him realizing that being angry can be cool too, he wanted time in that arc and YJ expects me to care about it, which I don't.
    It's Young Justice, EVERYBODY is presented as the middle of their character arc. It's a technique the show tries to use to show that the world is continuing on without the main characters. Just look at everybody else in Artemis and Zatanna's story arcs, but because there isn't a show you could watch with more information you don't single them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    But having to rely on another medium to pretend your own is well written is a hack writing style lol.
    Which is why nobody is doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    It's Young Justice, EVERYBODY is presented as the middle of their character arc. It's a technique the show tries to use to show that the world is continuing on without the main characters. Just look at everybody else in Artemis and Zatanna's story arcs, but because there isn't a show you could watch with more information you don't single them out.
    And I don't think that works quite as well anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Definitely, which is why seeing how well they integrated that episode with the overall plot combined with giving him a full arc in this episode makes the singling out of this particular episode so weird

Definitely, which is why seeing how well they integrated that episode with the overall plot combined with giving him a full arc in this episode makes the singling out of this particular episode so weird
    I don't think it connected with the overall plot that well beyond introducing Metron, but I think it's different from, say, supporting characters for Team members in their arcs.

And I also feel like it was executed differently because Razor was from an entirely different show and it kind of felt like it.

I don't think it connected with the overall plot that well beyond introducing Metron, but I think it's different from, say, supporting characters for Team members in their arcs.

And I also feel like it was executed differently because Razor was from an entirely different show and it kind of felt like it.
    It also progressed the overall arc theme about how even the emotions and feelings we don't understand are valid and accepting others even when we don't like their approach

It also progressed the overall arc theme about how even the emotions and feelings we don't understand are valid and accepting others even when we don't like their approach
    To be honest with the way they developed Rocket's arc you could have taken the episode out and I don't think it would have made much of a difference.

Incredible Member

‘Batman Azteca’: HBO Max Orders Animated Feature Set In Mexico

https://deadline.com/2022/06/batman-...co-1235044624/

Batman is heading to Mexico.

HBO Max Latin America has ordered an original animated feature-length film that takes the DC Comics character south of the border.

The streamer will launch the Dark Knight story Batman Azteca: Choque De Imperios (Aztec Batman: Clash of Empires). The news was unveiled at the Guadalajara International Film Festival.

The animated feature comes from Warner Bros. Animation and DC in partnership with Anima and Chatrone.

In the time of the Aztec Empire, Yohualli Coatl – a young Aztec boy – experiences tragedy when his father and village leader, Toltecatzin, is murdered by Spanish Conquistadors. Yohualli escapes to Tenochtitlan to warn King Moctezuma and his high priest, Yoka, of imminent danger. Using the temple of Tzinacan, the bat god, as a lair, Yohualli trains with his mentor and assistant, Acatzin, developing equipment and weaponry to confront the Spaniard invasion, protect Moctezuma’s temple, and avenge his father’s death.

Juan Meza-León (Harley Quinn) serves as director, José C. García de Letona, Aaron D. Berger, Carina Schulze and Fernando De Fuentes as producers of the film which will be produced entirely in Mexico, feature local talent, and showcase the region’s abundant art. Sam Register and Tomás Yankelevich serve as executive producers.

Alejandro Díaz Barriga, a consultant specializing in Mesoamerican studies and ethnic history of Mexico and the Andean region, will work with the creative team to ensure that the indigenous representation portrayed in the film is appropriate and relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    ‘Batman Azteca’: HBO Max Orders Animated Feature Set In Mexico

https://deadline.com/2022/06/batman-...co-1235044624/

Of course it all depends on execution, but this looks like it could be a very cool and stylish Elseworlds flick. Very interested to see how it turns out. And nice character design.

That looks awesome! Hope this is a sign that WBD is going to invest in bigger budget DC Animation offerings.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jensen Ackles (voice of Tomorrow-verse Batman) confirms doing more Batman voice work at 1:58:

Jensen Ackles (voice of Tomorrow-verse Batman) confirms doing more Batman voice work at 1:58:

Crap. I mean, I knew it, that's the nature of shared cinematic universes, once cast will always play the role until reboot or end, but I just didn't like his take so I'm not looking forward to hearing more.

Astonishing Member

Metron was introduced last season, and honestly, even in S1, there’s a lot of stuff we’re expected to know because of comic books though they do elaborate on it later.

Got that CoIE trilogy coming in 2023 supposedly
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Got that CoIE trilogy coming in 2023 supposedly
    It's either for that, maybe Dark Victory, or a JL film.