Page 5 of 690 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really hope Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle will be one of the new heroes. Would be so great to have another Hispanic character in the CW/DCverse. There had to be a reason why WB wouldn't let Arrow use Ted Kord. The Ray Palmer character is basically Ted with a different name. I think they still want the casual fan to view Jaime as the Beetle. Maybe to keep the younger fans who watched Young Justice and Batman: BatB. Though now that they've made The Atom an Ironman knock off the Scarab armor may be derivative.

Very interesting that Caity Lotz is returning. I loved her way more as the Canary than Laurel, who I still find very grating. Lazarus Pit?
    I think they are keeping both the BBs for the big screen (then again, who knows? We will see). We might end up seeing Jaime on Titans (that works too - introduce him in S2 or 3).

Perhaps

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    I agree - Might have been better if it were a bit longer - 15 to 20 mins of character development - for Aquaman.

Ditto.

Hmm, okay.

I am not sure about the bias..but I do agree that DC needs to step up their game with the newer films (Assault was awesome..ToA was great, but could have been better. The original story line was vastly superior to the movie version).

I loved JLA Adventures. The latest Lego (Bizzaro League) was also great. The quality seems to be all across the board (considering all animated projects).

I have got to go and re-watch those, especially WW
    You should. It has daggers and ****.

I wonder if anyone will get that.
    Cyclops was right

I'm just not that excited for the TNT Titans show. With Barbara and Hawk and Dove on the team, it just doesn't seem like the Teen Titans. Were they ever on the team in the comics? I don't recall them being on the team ever.

Don't get me wrong, Babs is one of my all time favorite DC characters and I understand budgets for a show like this would cause them to leave out Beastboy, but why couldn't they have Cyborg as the tech person instead of Babs? They could probably do a decent low budget version of him for the show.

I don't know, it just seems like the 2003 animated series was the peak for the Teen Titans, even though it was vastly different from the comics version of the characters. First we have the ridiculous TTGO (but I do enjoy it for the laughs) and now this. Eh, maybe I'm just too attached to the original series lol.

Astonishing Member

Very Charming and charismatic. Exactly how lucifer should look.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockym View Post
    I'm just not that excited for the TNT Titans show. With Barbara and Hawk and Dove on the team, it just doesn't seem like the Teen Titans. Were they ever on the team in the comics? I don't recall them being on the team ever.

Don't get me wrong, Babs is one of my all time favorite DC characters and I understand budgets for a show like this would cause them to leave out Beastboy, but why couldn't they have Cyborg as the tech person instead of Babs? They could probably do a decent low budget version of him for the show.

I don't know, it just seems like the 2003 animated series was the peak for the Teen Titans, even though it was vastly different from the comics version of the characters. First we have the ridiculous TTGO (but I do enjoy it for the laughs) and now this. Eh, maybe I'm just too attached to the original series lol.
    Hawk and Dove was a titans stable. Babs is the only one that isn't on titans. They can't have Cyborg because he's on the big screen and beastboy is extremely hard to do live action.

Ultimate Member

Plus the Titans have had quite a few incarnations with different membership over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockym View Post

Like you mentioned, the original animated series was a lot different from comics - but you ended up loving it anyways. Give it a chance This show might just be awesome!

Incredible Member

I hope in the team up show Robbie Amell shows up. I know Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Caity Lotz, and Wentworth Miller was announced as being apart of it. I really liked Amell's Ronnie Raymond on The Flash.He and Garber really worked well together as Raymond and Stein. Hopefully, it was just a error by Deadline not mentioning his name. Firestorm has been one of my favorite characters for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Very Charming and charismatic. Exactly how lucifer should look.

Hawk and Dove was a titans stable. Babs is the only one that isn't on titans. They can't have Cyborg because he's on the big screen and beastboy is extremely hard to do live action.
    but the Flash is going to be on the big screen AND the little screen
    I have no beef with Vegans

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    but the Flash is going to be on the big screen AND the little screen
    I think the flash is an exception. Right now they're trying to concentrate efforts on having cyborg's origins on the big screen.

Astonishing Member

Btw how does everyone feel about the recent batman unlimited animated movie trailer?

This new team up show, I really like the lineup, but I wonder what circumstances will get them to all work together, especially someone like Cold and of course Sarah. Maybe it will be a government/ARGUS thing, Cold is doing time and is drafted in and we know the military had an interest in Firestorm. Since CW probably can't make a Suicide Squad show, this may be the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    This new team up show, I really like the lineup, but I wonder what circumstances will get them to all work together, especially someone like Cold and of course Sarah. Maybe it will be a government/ARGUS thing, Cold is doing time and is drafted in and we know the military had an interest in Firestorm. Since CW probably can't make a Suicide Squad show, this may be the alternative.
    That would be an interesting idea. But "Agents of ARGUS" may be a little too similar to that one Marvel show currently on ABC.

What govt sponsored superhero teams are there in the DCU?

Like you mentioned, the original animated series was a lot different from comics - but you ended up loving it anyways. Give it a chance This show might just be awesome!
    I definitely plan on checking it out. And actually, I thought the animated series was BETTER than the comics.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    I think the flash is an exception. Right now they're trying to concentrate efforts on having cyborg's origins on the big screen.
    Flash and Amanda Waller/the Suicide Squad.