Page 500 of 695 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550600 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 10422

‘Batgirl’ Debacle Pushes DC Back Once Again
    Warner Bros. wants to reach the heights of Marvel Studios, but it lacks the patience and understanding of its characters to ever get there, writes The Hollywood Reporter contributor Richard Newby.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...es-1235192230/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think Young Justice is dead. MAWS and TCC should be ok since they’re also being made for Cartoon Network.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

That doesn't sound good .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Warner Bros. wants to reach the heights of Marvel Studios, but it lacks the patience and understanding of its characters to ever get there, writes The Hollywood Reporter contributor Richard Newby.
    "Warner Bros. wants so badly to be where Marvel Studios is, but it lacks the patience and understanding of its characters to ever get there. It wants billion-dollar hits without making $300 million hits first. It wants all the marquee characters assembled without building up a world of supporting B- and C-level characters that audiences care about. It wants the easy money, which, should that thinking continue, will prove to be the death of the DCEU."
    "Does anyone really want the future of movies to be decided by a calculator? There’s seemingly no foresight given to what these characters could grow to become, the possibilities for mid-budget franchises, or inclusivity in front of or behind the camera. Every year, it feels like Warners is simply rolling the dice with DC and starting the game over again. While leadership and ownership may have changed, Warner Bros. is still caught in the same mess as it was six years ago, letting reactionary suits shape its universe and leaving their talent out in the cold."
    "Decisions are wavered on, moved forward and pushed back until there’s just a collection of ideas and false starts. The universe is never given the chance to outrun the shadow of doubt or the narrative of failure that Warners created by doing the same billion-dollar-or-bust betting it’s still doing. It’s a narrative that’s only gotten longer with the news of Batgirl."

We've been saying all this for how many years now.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Please keep My Adventures with Superman afloat.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They have a point, they've been rushing something that cannot be rushed.

Disappointing because they haven't done enough with animation on the platform. Especially in regards to DC, something they have a pretty good rep in.

Neither YJ nor Harley Quinn should suffer, especially since both are doing well. If anything the medium deserves expansion.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Please keep My Adventures with Superman afloat.
    Since its a cross production with CN I think its safe for at least 1 season. After that? It'll definitely be an either or situation.

We're all guilty of posting on the can. No need to address it. Agonizing that someone quotes you before you have a chance to edit the post, thus immortalizing your failure, is a rite of passage here at CBR.
    Sometimes it feels like I go through this rite of passage every month...

I get the feeling everything but Teen Titans Go will be killed off lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Mighty Member

What's confusing is they're saying there will be cuts in animation which means reduction not slashing it. But then the question is cutting what? Projects that are in development?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    What's confusing is they're saying there will be cuts in animation which means reduction not slashing it. But then the question is cutting what? Projects that are in development?
    Projects in development, smaller budgets for projects going forward, and less risky IP overall.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Projects in development, smaller budgets for projects going forward, and less risky IP overall.
    So, everything that isn't Batman?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think Young Justice is dead. MAWS and TCC should be ok since they’re also being made for Cartoon Network.
    I wish Bendis' Legion is dead.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I wish Bendis' Legion is dead.
    I would’ve liked to have seen it personally but you’ll probably get your wish. However any future Legion project is going to take its cues from Bendis Legion regardless, specifically the race changes and maybe the costumes.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

I believe Caped Crusader and My Adventures with Superman will be fine, it seems like Trinity is a big deal for Zaslav.
    But Young Justice and Bendis' Legion are probably dead.
    I wonder what's going to happen with animated movies.

At Sandiego Con they announced Legion animated movie, no? That probably isn't related to whatever Bendis is doing.