Page 506 of 695 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510516556606 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 10418
    Astonishing Member

Doesn't surprise me, the woke era is being erased.

Expect DC to go centre left.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Doesn't surprise me, the woke era is being erased.

Expect DC to go centre left.
    lol, the woke era? What exactly about this show is 'woke' apart being a show about females?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    lol, the woke era? What exactly about this show is 'woke' apart being a show about females?
    It's not up to me. It was deemed woke by others for some reason.

It's not really surprising at this point since they released a big finale movie, basically.

I think the bigger question is if this it for the DCSHG brand in general.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's not really surprising at this point since they released a big finale movie, basically.

I really hope not. It wasn't my cuppa, but I appreciate it targeting girls and hopefully gaining DC some new life long fans. Clearly, superheroes are not for kids anymore :/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

That wasn't a finale movie. It was a crossover with Teen Titans Go.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That wasn't a finale movie. It was a crossover with Teen Titans Go.
    It was basically a finale movie. It resolved character arcs and plots from the show, it brought together all the villains and supporting heroes, etc.

I think the TTG! crossover aspect was just tacked on to get more people to pay attention to it because they don't even factor that much into the plot.

Ultimate Member

I'm not surprised. CN isnt exactly known for long series when it comes to DC shows. I think TT:GO is the outlier due to its bigger focus on being for kids and longest DC series.
    I suspect that is a toy issue as I have NOT seen any of new DCSG toys in stores before the pandemic. In fact I have seen ANY on shelves at Target or Wal-Mart since July 2020.

It's actually insane how successful Teen Titans Go! is. There's basically a whole generation of kids who grew up with those characters and the best DC could do to capitalize on it was a mediocre TV show. Real shame

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I suspect that is a toy issue as I have NOT seen any of new DCSG toys in stores before the pandemic. In fact I have seen ANY on shelves at Target or Wal-Mart since July 2020.
    It seems like it was pretty successful, they came out with graphic novels, nintendo game, the ratings arent that far off from TTG. It isn't so much a toy issue as they've grown beyond that to actual merch such as an entire clothing line.

If anything, maybe paranoia but I see it having to more to do with WBD than anything.

Astonishing Member

Time for more cuts for the WBD gods.

woke is a term that's now ben co-opted by reactionaries and reviewers mostly to criticize things they don't like. Frankly it's lost most of its meaning when used in this context. It often critices stories involving women or non-white characters (as if they didn't happen in the past).

This has been a growing trend on YouTube with comic reviewers and movie Youtube reviewers. If you sensationalize, something, going negative you'll get more views. Wors on Facebook too, but I digress.

The J-man

If I had to guess, the "woke" sentiment must be referring to the perception of DCSHG often painting the male characters in a rather negative light for the sake of making the female characters look good. Or the contrast between the girls being more diverse as opposed to the boys all being white, since the showrunners were supposedly afraid of having more diverse boys and making them look bad. At least that's the kind of talk you'd hear on some of the aforementioned YouTube videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    If I had to guess, the "woke" sentiment must be referring to the perception of DCSHG often painting the male characters in a rather negative light for the sake of making the female characters look good. Or the contrast between the girls being more diverse as opposed to the boys all being white, since the showrunners were supposedly afraid of having more diverse boys and making them look bad. At least that's the kind of talk you'd hear on some of the aforementioned YouTube videos.
    Hawkman wasn't white.

did many people watch the show? I feel like some people who criticzed the show didn't even watch it.

The show was designed for young pre-teen girls. Doesn't mean others can't watch it or enjoy it but...... it's weird to be so passionate against something you don't watch and isn't targeted at you
    The J-man