Page 511 of 695 FirstFirst ... 11411461501507508509510511512513514515521561611 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 10422

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Was one on DCU when it got absorbed into Max?
    You're right. I forgot about DC Universe service.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I remember how massive the original #saveyoungjustice campaign felt. I wonder if fans have it in them to fight for a second revival lol. Do people still care about this show enough to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I remember how massive the original #saveyoungjustice campaign felt. I wonder if fans have it in them to do it a second time lol. Do people still care about this show enough to do that?
    Audience has grown up and might not be paying for Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I'm pretty sure we got two seasons of YJ on HBO Max.

While is sad to see the show die, last season was the worst one in my opinion.
    They had two seasons to end their Darkseid storyline, but choose not to. Once again we end the series in a cliffhanger.
    I feel like Weisman's inability to commit to endings and obsession with the slow-burn did the show in. That and trying to take on too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I'm pretty sure we got two seasons of YJ on HBO Max.

While is sad to see the show die, last season was the worst one in my opinion.
    They had two seasons to end their Darkseid storyline, but choose not to. Once again we end the series in a cliffhanger.
    Does it really end on a cliffhanger? Honestly most of the major character arcs seem pretty resolved. Yeah, sure Darkseid is doing something out there but it's like if Breaking Bad ended on Season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Weisman's inability to commit to endings and obsession with the slow-burn did the show in. That and trying to take on too much.
    Yeah, he could've have done much more in thoses 46 something episodes. The arc structure of the last season was a drag to watch and they barely done something meaningful with the main characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Does it really end on a cliffhanger? Honestly most of the major character arcs seem pretty resolved. Yeah, sure Darkseid is doing something out there but it's like if Breaking Bad ended on Season 4.
    I mean, you can look that way. Some shows do end with a marriage and they did had a happy ending for the most part. But that after credits scene felt the same way as the last scene from season 2, looking like Darkseid was going to attack.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

spoilers:
    I think the ending with Granny's new Furies is what the Cliffhanger was
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    spoilers:
    I think the ending with Granny's new Furies is what the Cliffhanger was
    end of spoilers
    I mean, yes, but Weisman himself said he doesn't see it as a cliffhanger. And let's be real, it isn't one. It's more of a tease or sequel hook.

Either way, the story didn't really ended again. We see ourselves in very similar situation we were when CN didn't renew the show.
    But i don't really think this time people are really that interested in campaining for the show to be pick up. I can be wrong tho.

I think Greg Weisman has turned me off on slow burns.

I was still enjoying the show as many critiques as I gave it. It fills a spot with characters we aren't going to get anywhere else. According to Greg, views were high, and nor was the show bad enough that quality had to be a deciding factor.

Not sure if this is an overall decision concerning animation in general. But, even outside of YJ, I think it's dumb to start axing an area that DC does very well in. I'd argue DC needs to venture more into animation; it's their bread and butter.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I was still enjoying the show as many critiques as I gave it. It fills a spot with characters we aren't going to get anywhere else. According to Greg, views were high, and nor was the show bad enough that quality had to be a deciding factor.

Not sure if this is an overall decision concerning animation in general. But, even outside of YJ, I think it's dumb to start axing an area that DC does very well in. I'd argue DC needs to venture more into animation; it's their bread and butter.
    I agree with this even as someone who doesn't love the show as much as I did.

Looks like here is your answer... https://twitter.com/azalben/status/1...UoXbgcF3Q&s=19

I figured more cuts would come eventually.

Confused on why so many Cartoon Network shows are being removed. All of them are more recent, and I think some are still airing; why take them off?

Even in the case of Genera+ion, there's no way for fans to watch its only season. It may be canceled, but I'm confused why taking that off benefits any differently. Same goes for Close Enough and I haven't watched that Aquaman show but it was a mini-series what's the harm in keeping it?

I was hoping they'd chill out when Grace Randolph was wrong, but that isn't the case. At the very least, this is terrible for archiving purposes, we live in the digital age, shows shouldn't just disappear.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

I figured more cuts would come eventually.

Confused on why so many Cartoon Network shows are being removed. All of them are more recent, and I think some are still airing; why take them off?

Even in the case of Genera+ion, there's no way for fans to watch its only season. It may be canceled, but I'm confused why taking that off benefits any differently. Same goes for Close Enough and I haven't watched that Aquaman show but it was a mini-series what's the harm in keeping it?

I was hoping they'd chill out when Grace Randolph was wrong, but that isn't the case. At the very least, this is terrible for archiving purposes, we live in the digital age, shows shouldn't just disappear.
    I'm guessing it's because they think they can recoup some of the money through tax write-offs. Same reason why they cancelled Batgirl and Scoop. Truly evil stuff.