Page 514 of 695 FirstFirst ... 14414464504510511512513514515516517518524564614 ... LastLast
Results 7,696 to 7,710 of 10422

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    DC needs to put more shows like Harley Quinn. The episode 6 from season 3 is the best animated material DC has ever put out.

Can't wait for the Kiteman series and keeping my fingers crossed that we get a Joker series by the same team. In fact I'd watch a series based on any of the regular/recurring cast [aside from the Batfamily. They are the weakest link]
    I haven't been absolutely loving the current season (especially since it's leaning more on comedy or talking than actual action and characters keep acting dumb for the sake of the plot)...if anything I wish we got more shows like Justice League Action which was killed far too soon.

"No projects are completely safe" seems a bit hyperbolic. I have to imagine Euphoria, House of the Dragon, Peacemaker or Rick and Morty are safe from cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    "No projects are completely safe" seems a bit hyperbolic. I have to imagine Euphoria, House of the Dragon, Peacemaker or Rick and Morty are safe from cancellation.
    Two of those four air on networks.

House of the Dragon will be safe because of the money put into it and I'm sure they see a GoT spin-off as lucrative. Peacemaker maybe, I guess we'll see what happens to other DC projects.

But again, this is just depressing.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really hope the Kiteman/Noonan’s Bar show is still on. It’s all up in the air right now with WBD. They’d be stupid not to expand on the Harley Quinn animated universe. And we’ve see how a well done show can boost the profile of lesser known characters. See Peacemaker.
    Right. The HQ show has gone from strength to strength. Season 3 and the introduction of the Golden Glider has me even more excited for the kiteman show.

It's so satisfying when you see Shows like Peacemaker get a chance and turn out great.

Hopefully Kiteman is still a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I haven't been absolutely loving the current season (especially since it's leaning more on comedy or talking than actual action and characters keep acting dumb for the sake of the plot)...if anything I wish we got more shows like Justice League Action which was killed far too soon.
    Really? This season has been delivered what I consider 2 of the strongest episodes yet but each to their own.

I like comedy and i didn't get the feeling that characters are acting any dumber than usual. I liked JLA well enough. I didn't miss it because there are other shows like it out there that scratch the same itch.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Two of those four air on networks.

House of the Dragon will be safe because of the money put into it and I'm sure they see a GoT spin-off as lucrative. Peacemaker maybe, I guess we'll see what happens to other DC projects.

But again, this is just depressing.
    Isn't House of the Dragon on HBO too?

That leaves only Peacemaker and honestly I just think it has a 50/50 chance of survival.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 08-21-2022 at 03:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member

So what’s left to watch as they continue to gut the network

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    So what’s left to watch as they continue to gut the network
    The bloodbath and backbiting as the debt hole gets bigger and bigger until some ‘thinks Genghis Khan was pre-nanny state’ hedge fund buys them out

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    If House of Dragons brings in a viewership close to what everyone expects it's safe.

Same with Euphoria that's hot right now.

Peacemaker will see, as long as viewership remains at an acceptable rate for them, but last I checked it was not as popular as the other shows mentioned.

Rick and Morty should be good.

But if there is a substantial dip in viewership especially for animation I'd watch out.

Young Justice is probably done. They've also gutted a lot of senior executives, the ones in charge of deal flow and those that protect IP exploitation.

Discovery is basically destroying a fairly successful business model HBO's been utilizing for 35 years
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    If House of Dragons brings in a viewership close to what everyone expects it's safe.

Same with Euphoria that's hot right now.

Peacemaker will see, as long as viewership remains at an acceptable rate for them, but last I checked it was not as popular as the other shows mentioned.

Rick and Morty should be good.
    That article wasn't talking about House of the Dragon, Euphoria and Rick & Morty in the first place as they are HBO (as in the cable tv network) shows that just happen to be available to watch on HBO Max once they've aired on TV, not HBO Max Originals. Peacemaker is the only HBO Max Original show of those mentioned and I don't think it's really all that immune from cancellation.

Right. The HQ show has gone from strength to strength. Season 3 and the introduction of the Golden Glider has me even more excited for the kiteman show.
    Their take on Golden Glider felt weird because she seems way too nice to be a Supervillain (then again, so does Kite Man) and they never mention her being Captain Cold's sister.

Though it seems like they race-bent her so that might be why.

Also with black hair she looked more like Isis.
    Really? This season has been delivered what I consider 2 of the strongest episodes yet but each to their own.

I like comedy and i didn't get the feeling that characters are acting any dumber than usual. I liked JLA well enough. I didn't miss it because there are other shows like it out there that scratch the same itch.
    I feel like they really dumbed down Gordon, even compared to past seasons, I don't really care for sitcom dad Joker, and Barbara Gordon supporting any kind of clown character, let alone Joker, feels distasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Their take on Golden Glider felt weird because she seems way too nice to be a Supervillain (then again, so does Kite Man) and they never mention her being Captain Cold's sister.
    This is a world where supervillains have their own award show, go on talk shows to discuss the heroes they fight, host press conferences to announce kicking out members of their teams, and have legal battles with sex shops over the use of their names. Heck, Joker is a family man now. It's a world where niceness is not counter to being a supervillain

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    That article wasn't talking about House of the Dragon, Euphoria and Rick & Morty in the first place as they are HBO (as in the cable tv network) shows that just happen to be available to watch on HBO Max once they've aired on TV, not HBO Max Originals. Peacemaker is the only HBO Max Original show of those mentioned and I don't think it's really all that immune from cancellation.
    I think Uoung Justice is done

Also that new GL show might be cancelled
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I think Uoung Justice is done

Also that new GL show might be cancelled
    Deadline said GL was sage and continuing to get made (for now). YJ I think is done.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/