Page 517 of 695 FirstFirst ... 17417467507513514515516517518519520521527567617 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,755 of 10422
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    I'm legitimately surprised. I agree with the others; if this is not safe, nothing is.

It seems Zaslav desperately wants to write-off as much as he can in losses for tax-related benefits. This would be horrible on the longterm, but in the short-term, would make the debt WBD owns look much better by the next quarterly investor call. Maybe that's all he cares about.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if the direct to dvd/streaming animated films are on the chopping block. They haven't pulled in massive numbers for a good long time.
    A new Scooby-Doo direct-to DVD movie will release this fall. It will also release on digital. So it is safe to say that they aren't canceling everything. The writer on Reddit stated that they are glad that the movie will be released.

Last edited by Veni; 08-22-2022 at 07:35 PM.

Can WBD just...sell DC to another company? Like Amazon or Paramount or Sony or Universal or whoever. The bar is in hell.

Like, I usually do not like to cheer for company mergers but DC is an IP the rest of Hollywood would kill for (remember Disney bought Marvel for $4 billion and it's now worth $50 billion) yet Warner has proven time and time again they are completely incapable of managing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    A new Scooby-Doo direct-to DVD movie will release this fall. It will also release on digital. So it is safe to say that they aren't canceling everything. The writer on Reddit stated that they are glad that the movie will be released.

Yeah but if you compare it to the last couple years’ worth of DTV movies, that one looks really cheap.

Also just because this hasn’t been scrapped doesn’t mean they’re going forward with more of them

Scooby Doo is a top tier-AAA platinum franchise.

DC wishes it had it's pedigree.

The DCTV movies might be safe. I think it actually makes a solid profit for what they are. It seems to be streaming related content that is really getting chopped up since streaming in general is losing money for everyone not named Netflix or Amazon

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    The DCTV movies might be safe. I think it actually makes a solid profit for what they are. It seems to be streaming related content that is really getting chopped up since streaming in general is losing money for everyone not named Netflix or Amazon
    Don't forget Apple TV+.

Don't forget Apple TV+.
    Is Apple TV+ actually making money? I assumed it was a big loss leader at the moment

Incredible Member

Is Apple TV+ actually making money? I assumed it was a big loss leader at the moment
    Apple TV + has one of the best content out there. Examples include Severance and Ted Lasso (which is made by Warner Bros Television). They have been gaining more subscribers these last 2 years. The only streaming service that has struggled has been Peacock.

That AT&T merger will haunt WB and DC (and their fans) for years to come.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8K3AHBWEEmk

Read between the lines. They are cutting costs and trimming the fat. I mistakenly thought CNN+ was a one off because it was a bad idea to begin with. Like 15 years ago it might have worked but not now. I just want to know are we 50%, 70%, 20%.

Zaslov is a money guy but I wonder which programming is actually safe

It makes money. It’s a long term investment. I don’t know if it’s profitable or not but the cost isn’t outrageous for Apple. Just like Peacock they are well positioned to support and grow it, with desperate and diverse revenue streams.

And Apple+ is focused on quality. See the Morning Show and Ted Lasso and others down the road.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Yeah but if you compare it to the last couple years’ worth of DTV movies, that one looks really cheap.

Also just because this hasn’t been scrapped doesn’t mean they’re going forward with more of them
    That might just be because it seems like they're transitioning to the Guess Who artstyle.
    Scooby Doo is a top tier-AAA platinum franchise.

DC wishes it had it's pedigree.
    They crossover quite a bit .

Considering how much Zaslav seems to hate animation, I'm glad AT&T sold Crunchyroll before it became apart of WBD.

The Amazing World of Gumball movie got canned also, and reports are saying it'll be shopped to other services. It doesn't make sense to have WB properties end up on a non-Warner-owned streaming service. I know they're in debt, but this can't be a smart idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Cartoon Network is pretty upset with WBD as well and are fighting back, but who knows what good that will do.
    Where did you hear this?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Who knows. Guess they just want more money. I mean...Superman survived and will be CN exclusive I believe which is surprising that they'd choose Superman over Batman.
    Assuming it's not canceled, I think Zaslav wanted to push the Superman brand. It still doesn't make much sense to cancel a Batman cartoon already in production. Especially since they could've kept it on CN.

Wouldn't be surprised if the direct to dvd/streaming animated films are on the chopping block. They haven't pulled in massive numbers for a good long time.
    For the time being, it doesn't seem so. Before all of this, I was starting to wonder if they would push the DTVs on HBO Max around release to maybe increase profit, but that definitely wouldn't happen now.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

is it true they made $3 billion in cuts?
    The J-man