Page 519 of 695 FirstFirst ... 19419469509515516517518519520521522523529569619 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,785 of 10425

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Zaslav is a dinosaur. And sexist. HBO Max, male skewed, scripted. Discovery+, female skewed, non-scripted. So women don't watch drama or comedy, and men don't watch documentaries? I wonder if the reality is that he just doesn't understand scripted content, and was genuinely surprised by the backlash and negative publicity from all of the cancellations?
    I don't think that anyone is saying that women don't watch drama or comedy, but maybe there is higher percentage of men doing it? Like 60/40 split? Maybe they have actual stats from their streaming services and other tools and aren't just making shit up like we here?

Did you see the (Powerpoint presumably) slide a few weeks ago with that info on? Said nothing about percentages or majorities. Just straight up looked sexist.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Did you see the (Powerpoint presumably) slide a few weeks ago with that info on? Said nothing about percentages or majorities. Just straight up looked sexist.
    I've even heard that the actual demographic data says the exact opposite

Well at least Penguin is happening. And what's that about an Arkham show? I thought it was initially Arkham based that turned into GCPD and then cancelled altogether?
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-23-2022 at 10:32 AM.

Maybe my english is failing me, but I thought that "male skew" means that majority of viewers are male?

Well that kills the idea that they’re moving away from Reeves at least. Odd to sign him to this at the same time you’re dumping his cartoon with Timm however.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well at least Penguin is happening. And what's that about an Arkham show? I thought it was initially Arkham based tht turned into GCPD and then cancelled altogether?
    No, it was GCPD based and then it became Arkham.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Probably it means that they don't see animation as profitable enough.

Good for Reeves. He's luckier than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No, it was GCPD based and then it became Arkham.
    Nice. NGL, that seems more interesting than yet another show about a corrupt police department. As if we don't see that in every Batman movie anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Nice. NGL, that seems more interesting than yet another show about a corrupt police department. As if we don't see that in every Batman movie anyway.
    Agreed, I would like to learn more about the Villains and what makes them tick. I would love a show from the Villains point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Maybe my english is failing me, but I thought that "male skew" means that majority of viewers are male?
    more the perception is that way.

I don't think that anyone is saying that women don't watch drama or comedy, but maybe there is higher percentage of men doing it? Like 60/40 split? Maybe they have actual stats from their streaming services and other tools and aren't just making shit up like we here?
    If you look at some of the shows on HBO Max, I don't see how most of them are male-skewed. Perhaps they used some stats, but nothing we saw adds up to it, I'm just failing to fully believe that.

The average CW viewer is supposed to be around 50 to 65, yet most of the shows are being watched by younger viewers; they just own the cable it's being watched on. Some of these samples are skewed. Focus groups would be more accurate.

Reeves was working on Caped Crusader, right? So, the issue is just animation. Depressing.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Extraordinary Member

Jonathan Kent Actor Breaks Silence After Superman & Lois Exit! New Actor Revealed By Accident?

What are these rumors?
    Rumor is he doesn’t like Aquaman 2. Not a bog fan of Amberheard and is just overall not happy with the movie. Rumors says he wants drastic changes

As for the Snyderverse the other rumor is he wants to continue it. Go full throttle Snyderverse. That just seems unbelievable to me. It’s dead right. How can you go back after all the issues
    The J-man