Page 521 of 693 FirstFirst ... 21421471511517518519520521522523524525531571621 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,815 of 10395

Netflix would be most convenient to me since I don't have Apple and my Hulu plan runs out soon (and I have the ad version bleh). Although if Hulu does it, we might end up in a situation where a Batman cartoon is on Disney+ internationally

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Apple TV+ Hulu and Netflix are all already highly interested in acquiring ‘BATMAN: CAPED CRUSADER’.

https://view.email.hollywoodreporter...5921be66f3790b

My bet is on Apple TV+.
    At least if they're that interested, it's a good chance at least one of them will pick it up.

HBOMax's loss all the same.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Imagine if it's a super success and WBD loses out on half the profits by selling it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Imagine if it's a super success and WBD loses out on half the profits by selling it lol
    Can't go wrong with streaming Batman. Unless you're the parent company, I guess .

Extraordinary Member

Ah, I wish WB had ever bothered to put Power Girl in any of their animated things apart from that one that did her no favors by having her voiced by Allison Mack, or fake PG from the JLU. They worked just about everyone else into YJ for example, there were other shows they could have worked her in, and even in the Arrowverse, when they have perfect opportunity to use her in great ways as a foil/helper mulitverse counterpart.

Now, none of the will ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Apple TV+ Hulu and Netflix are all already highly interested in acquiring ‘BATMAN: CAPED CRUSADER’.

https://view.email.hollywoodreporter...5921be66f3790b

My bet is on Apple TV+.
    Would be funny if it ends up on Hulu. A Disney owned streaming service running a new Batman show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like despite opinions on this forum YJ (at least season 4) trended a little more positively, but I could be wrong.
    YJ has a passionate fanbase, they'll stay around even if the quality is bad.

For me season 4 is like, maybe better or worse than season 3, meaning it's mediocre, but my opinions don't tend to line up with other people's and maybe it's more liked overall, in the end that's all that matters for them to keep it around.

The show has come back from worst.
    I guess it'll be cancelled once every two seasons.

Last time it took six years for it to come back, see y'all in six more years? .

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Young Justice will never have a satisfying conclusion anyway, even if it goes on for ten more seasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    I honestly think that's part of what's doing it. The show's decrease in quality is doing it more, but the inability to provide satisfying closure isn't helping.

One of the reasons that fans fight to stop a show from being cancelled or want it to get at least one last season isn't just because they would love to see it continue for long as it can, it's also because they don't want to be left hanging: they want to see how the story ends.

No matter how many times the Young Justice show is saved, the audience is ultimately going to be left hanging because even when the creators knows the show's chances of renewal are hanging by a barely visible thread, they won't try to wrap up the story. Fans will never get closure - they'll never get to see the grand finale of a story that's been building for literal years because the show won't give it to them. Some people have waited years and season four proved that no matter how many seasons the show gets, they're never going to get the resolution they've been waiting for.

That's one of the problem with Greg Weisman's idea of a never-ending story: he keeps building to an ending that the audience is never going to see. He could wrap up the story, provide a satisfying conclusion and then start another story that follows what happened afterwards, but he won't.

Slow burn usually means "until we have to" while with Young Justice, slow burn means "Never"
    It's specially worth pointing out that Weisman said so himself YJ is never getting a "proper" ending.

https://twitter.com/Greg_Weisman/sta...19139833024515

The picture has the tweeit he was replying to.

Now, while YJ continuing "forever" could work like comic books, somewhat, the way YJ does it is annoying, Light or Darkseid just never take any real damage, which gets frustrating.

Seasons 2 and 4 introduced other villains made specifically to lose, and that's fun enough at least, but it is still noticeable how those annoying Villain Sues keep getting away while barely having their plot armor scratched.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I remember reading about him pitching GA project in the 90's. Did he do so again while working on YJ?
    I'm not sure, but I do remember hearing that some random GA cartoon is canon to YJ, think maybe that Perdita chick is from it? If so there is something to try make more stories for Ollie.

I'm hoping Paramount/Nickelodean with Avatar Studios manages to show us a way.
    Man I'm out of the loop, wasn't even aware of this lol.

I think it's hard to really do 1-to-1 comic adaptions (outside animated films, which have done that for specific stories) for the Big Two since there are so many disparate runs and different creators for one franchise, and different characters who have had stories or their own series within that franchise, compared to stuff like manga or indie runs where it's just pretty much the same exact creator and the story is more consistent and sequential compared to Big Two comics.

That's not to say you couldn't do adaptions of specific runs or arcs, but most comic book adaptions tend to pick and choose.
    Not to mention how comics are more episodic by nature, even with the way modern comics are now.

It's probably why even an early adaptation like 60's Spidey didn't bother as much with following exactly what the comics were doing, while there are other plots, they advance very slowy, most of the screen time is Spidey punching some villain in the face.

So yeah, adaptations are better off trying to adapt the spirit of comics instead of the whole thing, super-heroes are made in a way that reinterpreting their whole story is easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did you see the (Powerpoint presumably) slide a few weeks ago with that info on? Said nothing about percentages or majorities. Just straight up looked sexist.
    Do you have a pictures or video of that?

Anyways, anyone know what's up with Diana's game? I forget the details but I remember being told that it had a risk of being cancelled, is the risk still there? 'Cause if so, man, Diana really is cursed lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 08-26-2022 at 05:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Now, while YJ continuing "forever" could work like comic books, somewhat, the way YJ does it is annoying, Light or Darkseid just never take any real damage, which gets frustrating.

Seasons 2 and 4 introduced other villains made specifically to lose, and that's fun enough at least, but it is still noticeable how those annoying Villain Sues keep getting away while barely having their plot armor scratched.
    The thing is they act like YJ is a Big Two ongoing comic that's a given to keep running, but that's...not really how television works, at least for Superhero cartoons.
    I'm not sure, but I do remember hearing that some random GA cartoon is canon to YJ, think maybe that Perdita chick is from it? If so there is something to try make more stories for Ollie.
    DC Showcase Green Arrow. They're basically re-adpapting it in the current comic.
    Anyways, anyone know what's up with Diana's game? I forget the details but I remember being told that it had a risk of being cancelled, is the risk still there? 'Cause if so, man, Diana really is cursed lol.
    They just hired a new writer.

Honestly, I still haven't season season 4 but that bit by Weisman is when I knew I'd never bother. A story that never wraps up (even if they want to set up new threads for the future) is one that I'm not interested in. I'm fine with him wanting to keep stories running but to not wrap up 'The Light' story at all just makes me think there's no point in investing in the show

I'm not loving the current season of Harley Quinn.

I think people are misinterpreting that Weisman quote about "no endings". He has always said (since back in season 1) that the The Light/Darkseid plot was planned for five seasons and it really doesn't seem like he has backed off that plan. What he means is that he would do fucking Supersons and Young Justice: Beyond if they let him.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I think people are misinterpreting that Weisman quote about "no endings". He has always said (since back in season 1) that the The Light/Darkseid plot was planned for five seasons and it really doesn't seem like he has backed off that plan. What he means is that he would do fucking Supersons and Young Justice: Beyond if they let him.
    Exactly. There will just never be a definitive ending to the characters stories. They will continue to fight the good fight.

Incredible Member

Like Nickelodeon and Adventure Time

Extraordinary Member

It would be like abbot elementary and eventually come to Hbomax in a few years like Gotham

Incredible Member

I'm not loving the current season of Harley Quinn.
    What is it that you don't liem about it?