Page 533 of 693 FirstFirst ... 33433483523529530531532533534535536537543583633 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,995 of 10395

It's like they're hurting part of my childhood .

That's a real shame. Cartoon Network is responsible for some of the greatest American kids cartoons ever and even as I aged out of it, I know their output the last 15 years has been better than ever. Really sad to see what is happening to WB properties

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Zaslav has WB Animation absorb Cartoon Network Studios, leading to mass layoffs on the CN side

CN really lets all non-TTG DC cartoons die, so I don't know if this is a big loss for DC, but sucks to see so many people lose their jobs. Also probably the beginning of the end for the network.
    Yeah from a DC perspective, CN were the bad guys. They went out of their way to sabotage YJ, GL: TAS, and Beware the Batman. Only good thing AT&T did was destroy the old silo system at WB where the different groups would view each other as competitors and attempt to make each other fail. Still it sucks to see animation take another hit like this, clearly it’s an area Zaslav doesn’t value too highly. I hope the DC animation side isn’t hurt that badly.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah from a DC perspective, CN were the bad guys. They went out of their way to sabotage YJ, GL: TAS, and Beware the Batman. Only good thing AT&T did was destroy the old silo system at WB where the different groups would view each other as competitors and attempt to make each other fail. Still it sucks to see animation take another hit like this, clearly it’s an area Zaslav doesn’t value too highly. I hope the DC animation side isn’t hurt that badly.
    Don't forget about Justice League Action.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Zaslav has WB Animation absorb Cartoon Network Studios, leading to mass layoffs on the CN side

CN really lets all non-TTG DC cartoons die, so I don't know if this is a big loss for DC, but sucks to see so many people lose their jobs. Also probably the beginning of the end for the network.
    I don't know how Zaslav is going to handle the distinction between DC and WB Animation, but this could actually be good for DC cartoons. The main reason CN let DC cartoons die is that it advantaged CN to be making it's own things. There's a thing that some big companies do where they keep their divisions almost completely separate for accounting purposes and use an internal transfer rate (typically lower than they'd charge an actual third party) to mimic the effect of buying/licensing from a third party. The theory is that doing so will allow corporate to judge the divisions separately and also make the best financial decisions. Based on the comments about why CN didn't support DC shows as well as why the Adventure Time and similar comics were never published by DC, I believe this is how WB was run and if Zaslav is undoing that, it might see a rise in DC cartoons

Then again, looking at everything else he's been doing and what he did to the actual in progress Batman and Superman cartoons, I doubt it.

Go Green in 2011:

Go Green in 2022:

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I don't know how Zaslav is going to handle the distinction between DC and WB Animation, but this could actually be good for DC cartoons. The main reason CN let DC cartoons die is that it advantaged CN to be making it's own things. There's a thing that some big companies do where they keep their divisions almost completely separate for accounting purposes and use an internal transfer rate (typically lower than they'd charge an actual third party) to mimic the effect of buying/licensing from a third party. The theory is that doing so will allow corporate to judge the divisions separately and also make the best financial decisions. Based on the comments about why CN didn't support DC shows as well as why the Adventure Time and similar comics were never published by DC, I believe this is how WB was run and if Zaslav is undoing that, it might see a rise in DC cartoons
    Good point - Cartoon Network shows should have their comics published by DC. Yet isn't it only Looney Tunes and Scooby Doo that are, and everything else, like, as you say, Adventure Time, is elsewhere? Though Disney are the same, not using Marvel for anything except Star Wars - their cartoon characters such as Mickey Mouse are at other publishers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So that new Batman cartoon that Bruce Timm is involved in, do we know if anyone else grabbed it yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Don't forget about Justice League Action.
    ...and Thundercats. They're another WB property too.

CN was the bad guy...especially for Teen Titans Go!
    Last edited by scary harpy; 10-12-2022 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So that new Batman cartoon that Bruce Timm is involved in, do we know if anyone else grabbed it yet?
    no, nothing public. There are likely negotiations going on, but I wouldn't expect an announcement this year. There should be multiple bidders and I don't know if an Apple of an Amazon would swoop in with a godfather offer just yet, because there are all these other serious negotiations for other IPs. This kind of fell from the sky. Plus the show probably gives people potential suitors longterm rental vibes like the Marvel shows that were on Netflix.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    no, nothing public. There are likely negotiations going on, but I wouldn't expect an announcement this year. There should be multiple bidders and I don't know if an Apple of an Amazon would swoop in with a godfather offer just yet, because there are all these other serious negotiations for other IPs. This kind of fell from the sky. Plus the show probably gives people potential suitors longterm rental vibes like the Marvel shows that were on Netflix.
    Hm... Alright, thanks for the info man.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Ed Brubaker gave an update:

That was not a super fun day, but it was never as dire as the news made it out to be. The show wasn't cancelled, production continued, not even with a pause, and then we pitched the show around to other interested buyers. And that's all I can say for now, but fingers crossed we'll all be seeing the show soon, somewhere. Everything I've seen from the first season so far is amazing, and the scripts were all fantastic, and much different than what people are expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Hm... Alright, thanks for the info man.
    I'm guessing the show will end up on Netflix, Apple or Amazon.

Peacock would be a weird landing spot. Paramount+ is an option, but that would surprise me. Starz doesn't really make sense to me. I'd be dumbfounded if Disney buys it even if they put it on Hulu.

Those are the main players that I see. Anyone else would be too small or random.

Also I'm only talking U.S. rights here. Internationally could be different
    The J-man

Dammit Weisman. I'd been hoping for something with Jason Todd and the Super Sons in the next season.

His Gargoyles better fill the void I hope it does.