Page 544 of 695 FirstFirst ... 44444494534540541542543544545546547548554594644 ... LastLast
Results 8,146 to 8,160 of 10425

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess Gotham Knights did well enough...?

I think they mentioned the Titans a lot in GK so that would make sense. Not sure how well they'd jump from Bats to characters with powers though (then again they had Jason teleporting).
    It's hard to figure it out as we don't know the numbers yet. It's on second place at UK sales chart behind Big game FIFA 2023 which majority of the sales is from Playstation. With harsh criticism around the game even though it's mostly valid, I think it would be hard for Gotham Knights to achieve Arkham game success, although hopefully it's sell well so the developers have incentives to fix and improve it and for next DC AAA games

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Warner Bros Montreal is working on another multiplayer DC game after GK.

Not Superman then. Given they killed off Batman in GK I’m ruling out JL as well. My guess is it’s a YJ or Teen Titans game and it will probably be just as mediocre as GK. WB simply refuses to learn and will keep chasing the GAAS cash cow even though that fad has already died off.
    I'm leaning toward a Titans/Teen Titans game too. Unless they go big with a JL game.

I wonder if they'll build towards a game universe within GK if it's Titans. I could also see a BOP game under those circumstances, especially since it's a little less fantastical in scope.

And, while I enjoyed GK for what it was it does have structural problems that need to be addressed.

Also, I don't consider GK to be a GAAS. At least yet, I think the door is open for more content but the devs seemed adamant about it not being a live service game.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

James Gunn confirms the DCU will get the Star Wars treatment, lol:

@JamesGunn are you and your partner planning to give more DC character tv shows that’ll add to the story for the DCEU?

Yes, most definitely, the DCU will be connected across film and TV (and animation).

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status...21811374964736

Will there still be some standalone animation or live-action shows that take place in separate worlds (like Harley Quinn)?

Yes, some.

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status...24107165425665

You mean animated movies will be also canon to current / upcoming Dcu?

Yes, some.

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status...25651730108417

Will it be 3D or 2D animation?

Both.

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status...28478472855552

Are there plans for games to be connected to the DCU as well, Mr. Gunn?

Yes.

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status...28191888707584
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 11-27-2022 at 11:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Definitely wont be getting a WW animated series now. They're probably to afraid to let it be stand alone

Making sure 99.9% of your outside media products are slavishly interconnected is idiotic.

Really? Movie-based video games? I thought that was in the past.

Connecting the movies and the TV shows...I get it. But connecting them with videogames and animation as well is dumb, I agree.

This is what I was worried about ever since they announced the new deal/plan.

Not every piece of a brands' media needs to be dedicated to one continuity or bending over backwards to tie in or explore a live-action universe.

I don't want stuff like Caped Crusader or My Adventures of Superman curtailed because they're not based around or in the same continuity as the movies.

This is something I've always hated about the Disney/Marvel approach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Really? Movie-based video games? I thought that was in the past.
    This makes me wonder if they're going to rework the Wonder Woman game to actually be about Gadot's Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This makes me wonder if they're going to rework the Wonder Woman game to actually be about Gadot's Diana.
    Sounds too moronic even for WB, but nothing will surprise me at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Connecting the movies and the TV shows...I get it. But connecting them with videogames and animation as well is dumb, I agree.
    Same. Marvel has it right - the live action stuff is connected. Animation and video games are not, except for What If.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Same. Marvel has it right - the live action stuff is connected. Animation and video games are not, except for What If.
    Marvel isn't that much better in my opinion.

The video games have been pretty distinct though you have instances like Marvel Avengers which leaned too heavily on certain aspects of the movies.

Most of their cartoons over the last few years were heavily factored into the movies, often acting derivative of them. What If, probably the cartoon they've invested the most in recently, is obviously set in the movies. They couldn't even do an independent Spider-Man cartoon without implying it's spinning off from the MCU.

Sounds awful to be frank. The DCEU has been fucking up non-stop since it was created, trying to force everything to connect to it is a terrible idea. So unless they recast Lex that means we’re stuck with Eisenberg’s terrible take on Lex in everything now.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Making sure 99.9% of your outside media products are slavishly interconnected is idiotic.
    It’s actually very smart, and gets rid of DC’s biggest problem: a warring fandom that prefers one take of a character to another. Now we’ll finally get a unified vision for all DC characters! That’s how you build brand loyalty, not having a dozen different versions of the same character existing at the same time.

I’d keep animation and video games separate though, though I’d make exceptions (like Marvel with What if).
    Last edited by El_Gato; 11-27-2022 at 04:19 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    It’s actually very smart, and gets rid of DC’s biggest problem: a warring fandom that prefers one take of a character to another. Now we’ll finally get a unified vision for all DC characters! That’s how you build brand loyalty, not having a dozen different versions of the same character existing at the same time.

I’d keep animation and video games separate though, though I’d make exceptions (like Marvel with What if).
    You're still going to get warring fandoms if you don't A. adapt characters the ways fans expect them to and B. don't use the versions of the characters on sect of the fandom prefers.

I mean, do we want to be stuck with Ezra Miller Flash being everywhere?

Does having cartoons and shows and games with different versions really impacting things negatively?

I loved Spider-Man and Avengers cartoons but that didn't interfere with my enjoyment of the movies despite how distinct they were from each other.

It just kills the chance for variety in the IP's or the ability to tell more stories with certain characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sounds awful to be frank. The DCEU has been fucking up non-stop since it was created, trying to force everything to connect to it is a terrible idea. So unless they recast Lex that means we’re stuck with Eisenberg’s terrible take on Lex in everything now.