Page 562 of 693 FirstFirst ... 62462512552558559560561562563564565566572612662 ... LastLast
Results 8,416 to 8,430 of 10395
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Sometimes I feel like Batman popularity rise is because he keep winning no matter how bullshit his batwank or how writers make everyone around him passive or dumber.
    Honestly? While some credit his "invincibility" to Dark Knight Returns and Miller, this didn't actually start happening until a decade or so later with Morrison.

Losing but giving a hell of a fight is respectable.
    And I think this is a great build-up for both heroes and villains, personally. It's just all about the story and the follow-through.

Can't remember it too much but I think DCAU Wonder Woman give a good fight against Mongul?
    I wanna say she did decently, but your mileage may vary. It was obviously based on Moore's original story, so how well she did was kind of predetermined.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Lego DC Supervillains was actually a really good game. I'd wish they'd do something different like a Lego Teen Titans if this is real. Although, the Batfam has expanded a lot recently and I'm curious to see if that's reflected in this game.
    Yeah, I think a different angle to the DC universe would be cool. I think Teen Titans has a big enough cast of heroes and villains that you could base a whole game around.

Alternatively, if we MUST do another Lego Batman, I'd like it if they kept it exclusive to the Batman world. Again, I think you could pull enough from that corner of DC to sustain a whole game plus additional content. There's tons of Bat-Fam members we haven't seen, and The Lego Batman Movie made me realize there's way more Batman villains you could use. Basically something to make it stand out from LB2 and LB3, which were basically DC games with a slight Batman focus.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Sometimes I feel like Batman popularity rise is because he keep winning no matter how bullshit his batwank or how writers make everyone around him passive or dumber.
    That’d imply there was a period where ever wasn’t one of DC’s biggest characters. Even in the golden age he was one of the few DC heroes popular enough to avoid cancellation after the superhero fad died off.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I really hate how Marvel gets “Lego Marvel” games but with DC it’s just “Lego Batman” (and his sidekicks: the rest of the DCU). I hope they don’t literally call it Lego Batman again, it got ridiculous by LB3 where it was basically just Lego DC.
    It’s like I was saying in the McFarlane thread: DC as a brand doesn’t have the same cache the name Marvel automatically does, sadly.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I've said this on the WW boards, but write a character that readers actually care about and they might be invested in whether or not she wins a fight. Having a character no one gives a fig about win against Catwoman or Batman really won't lift up said character in the least if the readers don't care about them.
    Problem is, WW fans already care about Cheetah (or at least, most of them do, or at least recognize she's an important fixture of the franchise) and aren't exactly clamoring for her to cross over and fight Catwoman and Batman to begin with.

That's kind of the problem, she should be way above their weight class if she's fighting a Superman-class hero. Who exactly is clamoring for her to make these cameos against Bat-characters?

Like having her get her brains blown out by Red Hood isn't going to boost or dent his popularity either way, yet all it does is cause some WW fans to sour on him and DC's general practices with Wonder Woman characters
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 01-23-2023 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Yeah, I think a different angle to the DC universe would be cool. I think Teen Titans has a big enough cast of heroes and villains that you could base a whole game around.

Alternatively, if we MUST do another Lego Batman, I'd like it if they kept it exclusive to the Batman world. Again, I think you could pull enough from that corner of DC to sustain a whole game plus additional content. There's tons of Bat-Fam members we haven't seen, and The Lego Batman Movie made me realize there's way more Batman villains you could use. Basically something to make it stand out from LB2 and LB3, which were basically DC games with a slight Batman focus.
    Honestly I'd be genuinely surprised if they don't have the wider DCU be playable/unlockable in the game, especially considering how the games developed up to that point, but there have been a lot of Bat-characters that were introduced since then. Like we go from playing the entire Justice League and flying around as Superman to...the Batfamily? Although I guess you could do more vehicles.

But I just don't expect it to be sequestered in Gotham.

On a purely cosmetic and thematic level I can understand the appeal of having Catwoman fight DC’s other big cat-themed villain. Its really on editorial not caring enough to say “No, there’s no way Selina should be able to win that fight” if they believe so.

I don’t agree, if anything some of their worst movies recently have been the stand-alone ones. The Killing Joke, Batman & Harley Quinn, Injustice, and Catwoman Hunted all got lousy reception from what I saw.
    The real answer is that both the universe and standalone animated films are bad.

These animated films coast entirely on the legacy of the earlier ones (which in hindsight weren't groundbreaking either) and nostalgia for DC's animation output from the 2000s.
    Last edited by Gaius; 01-23-2023 at 09:09 PM.

Cheetah is by far the most disrespected villain in animation. That Catwoman movie was bad enough, but how about that time she was killed by a couple of soldiers with ordinary bullets in Apokolips War? She should be kept away from the larger DC universe, it does her nothing but harm.

I have hope the video game will make Cheetah and the other Wonder Rogues cool with the general public.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The real answer is that both the universe and standalone animated films are bad.

These animated films coast entirely on the legacy of the earlier ones (which in hindsight weren't groundbreaking either) and nostalgia for DC's animation output from the 2000s.
    I feel like that's a tad too dismissive because I feel like there have been genuinely good films in recent memory, but if you're not interested in the characters they star I guess it might not feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That’s unfortunate about Doom Patrol but not unexpected. I’m glad they had a good run.

Titans on the other hand is a mercy killing.

No surprise there, I’m sure Titans will get a new rebooted movie/series set in the Gunnverse. DP though… I hope there’s plans because otherwise I don’t know why it can’t just keep going unless the crew are ready to wrap it all up.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    First clip from the upcoming LOSH movie:

The art style on this is so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I might have my timing off but didn't Arkham Knight come after the Killing Joke?

Supergirl has never looked prettier in animation.

I also like the character animation and flow of their capes.
    The flow of the caps hides how the flow of Kara's hair makes no sense .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Somebody remembered Zatanna and Barry were a thing.
    I didn't even know that was a thing... Although I think I saw a JLA comic where Zatanna flirts with him (Or was it vice versa? I forget...)

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Cheetah is by far the most disrespected villain in animation. That Catwoman movie was bad enough, but how about that time she was killed by a couple of soldiers with ordinary bullets in Apokolips War? She should be kept away from the larger DC universe, it does her nothing but harm.
    Even stuff that focus on Wonder Woman disrespects her once in a while.

Like, that New 52 Wonder Woman movie had her as a villain who needed some drugs to power her up so she can beat up Diana with her superior speed, instead of being someone who is already super fast by default, and even with that advantage, she casually lost once Diana got her in a close quarters area.

I have hope the video game will make Cheetah and the other Wonder Rogues cool with the general public.
    Oh good, you talking like that means the game isn't cancelled, well, hopefully...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Gunn confirms that he and Peter Safran didn’t make the call to cancel these shows:
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.