Page 563 of 693 FirstFirst ... 63463513553559560561562563564565566567573613663 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    That’s unfortunate about Doom Patrol but not unexpected. I’m glad they had a good run.

Titans on the other hand is a mercy killing.
    Agreed. I'm surprised Titans lasted this long.
    And even more surprised they allowed Berlanti to launch the mess that looks to be Gotham Knights.

Sucks for DP though.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I am surprised Titans lasted this long honestly. The writers can all go learn how to write now.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Agreed. I'm surprised Titans lasted this long.
    And even more surprised they allowed Berlanti to launch the mess that looks to be Gotham Knights.

Sucks for DP though.
    Yeah, with CW being sold, Gotham Knights is DOA.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Gotham Knights was done regardless that show looks horrid.

That's said if the production cost is manageable and it has good viewership it might surprise us............. but I wouldn't bet on it
    The J-man

I kind of expected both shows to end, but hopefully they close out on a good note.

I don't know what anyone was thinking with Gotham Knights. Like if you want a new Batman show, at least put in as much effort as Batwoman did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I didn't even know that was a thing... Although I think I saw a JLA comic where Zatanna flirts with him (Or was it vice versa? I forget...)
    They even replicated the comic panel:

Like, that New 52 Wonder Woman movie had her as a villain who needed some drugs to power her up so she can beat up Diana with her superior speed, instead of being someone who is already super fast by default, and even with that advantage, she casually lost once Diana got her in a close quarters area.
    I did like that scene where she was caught in the Lasso of Truth and had to admit she had it coming or something like that .

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I am really going to miss Doom Patrol, the cast was outstanding, Diana Guerrero and Brendan Fraser were of course highlights. I think Doom Patrol did more for bringing back Brendan Fraser than his most recent movie work. I also think they did the impossible, there is no way I would have thought Grant Morrison's or Gerard Way's Doom Patrol could be brought to film, but the show actually helped me understand and connect to the comics. Doom Patrol was too good for TV, Zombie Butts not withstanding.

Mighty Member

I'm watching Pennyworth currently. It's good and I love how they're having Alfred interact with Thomas Wayne. Just watched the pilot so got a ways to go, but as the series goes on does it feel more Batman ish? I'm not saying Bruce appears but you get little hints of Batverse here and there?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

DC/WB needs to stop doing shows set in gotham where Batman dissappears or is dead. It's over done.

Birds of Prey - dissappears after Selinas death
    Batwoman - dissappears
    Gotham Knights - dead
    Titans - Bruce only who also ends up disappearing

And for the love of god stop giving Berlanti every DC show there is just because he can make it on a $5 budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    DC/WB needs to stop doing shows set in gotham where Batman dissappears or is dead. It's over done.

Batwoman - dissappears
    Gotham Knights - dead

And for the love of god stop giving Berlanti every DC show there is just because he can make it on a $5 budget.
    Even by CW standards Gotham Knights looks cheap.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Neil Gaiman says DEAD BOY DETECTIVES is filming even as I type this.

https://screenrant.com/dead-boy-dete...ilming-update/

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Batwoman - dissappears
    Gotham Knights - dead

And in Batwoman Robin and Oracle (presumably Dick and Barbara) have disappeared too (Robin gets mentioned by the radio host and Oracle was namechecked by Oliver in Arrow when they gave Felicity, an Oracle expy, her Overwatch codename).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And in Batwoman Robin and Oracle (presumably Dick and Barbara) have disappeared too (Robin gets mentioned by the radio host and Oracle was namechecked by Oliver in Arrow when they gave Felicity, an Oracle expy, her Overwatch codename).
    There were plenty of chairs in the Batfamily conference room they found in the Batcave.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Gotham Knights was done regardless that show looks horrid.

That's said if the production cost is manageable and it has good viewership it might surprise us............. but I wouldn't bet on it
    I suspect it would be cancelled even if it was a runaway dark horse success

Nexstar is apparently only going to have three scripted shows on the CW going forward. One of them is All-American so that leaves just two other spots. I doubt GK gets picked for one of those two.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nexstar is apparently only going to have three scripted shows on the CW going forward. One of them is All-American so that leaves just two other spots. I doubt GK gets picked for one of those two.
    I know CW shows get a bad rep, but what a change.