Page 578 of 695 FirstFirst ... 78478528568574575576577578579580581582588628678 ... LastLast
Results 8,656 to 8,670 of 10425

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    At the very least they can at least let players to play it offline
    This and bug fixing are about all I expect to change. If it releases anywhere near Spider-Man 2 then it’s still going to get crushed.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League reportedly delayed yet again following live service backlash

The article points out that even if they delay it until the end of the year it won’t be nearly enough time to revamp the game. It’ll still most likely be a horrible micro transaction thing.
    At this point just release it's been almost three years since the announcement nevermind how long development has been in place.

This is becoming the norm and it shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Lego Batman 4 has seemingly been put on hold (alongside many other Lego videogames) in favour of Lego Harry Potter.

Source
    I'm guessing a big-scale meshing of both games with some new features. I didn't want another lego Batman but this is boring to me, and I doubt their doing Fantastic Beasts.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Basically 13 episodes each season.

Still cant believe that WB let go of BATMAN of all properties. They really dont love themselves.
    Season 1 was slated for 10 episodes, HBO Max's preferred episode count. It seems that Amazon may have ordered additional seasons.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I'm guessing a big-scale meshing of both games with some new features. I didn't want another lego Batman but this is boring to me, and I doubt their doing Fantastic Beasts.
    That's what DLC is for !

Even if they don't actually adapt the films, I won't be surprised if you can unlock Newt to use in Free Play mode.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Gunn has been talking to DC Animation about doing more with WW.

Seems like we might get a WW cartoon to go alongside TCC and MAWS.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gunn has been talking to DC Animation about doing more with WW.

Seems like we might get a WW cartoon to go alongside TCC and MAWS.
    That's great though I'm tempted to think this might just be more WW stuff to tie-in to the new DCU because they don't have a movie in the works for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's great though I'm tempted to think this might just be more WW stuff to tie-in to the new DCU because they don't have a movie in the works for her.
    I too think it will be set in the DCU. Gunn probably wants to put a few years between Gadot and who comes next, and this is a great compromise. He casts a new WW to first voice a cartoon to build her popularity before she debuts on the big screen. Wouldn’t surprise me if they went the same route with Flash.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I too think it will be set in the DCU. Gunn probably wants to put a few years between Gadot and who comes next, and this is a great compromise. He casts a new WW to first voice a cartoon to build her popularity before she debuts on the big screen. Wouldn’t surprise me if they went the same route with Flash.
    Not a bad approach to be honest, at least on paper. These characters could benefit from some synergy while their movies come out.

The problem with this approach is that it's very constraining. Like, there's no way they're gonna introduce a major villain like Circe in a cartoon. It would be like MTV Spider-Man in which Green Goblin and Doc Ock were unavailable because it's supposed to be semi-canon to the Raimi movies.

It will be a very expensive show if they cast live action actors who are supposed to play their characters in the big screen films too.

I'd prefer if they just did a WWTAS which introduced the WW mythos and greater set of characters to general audiences and put a few years between Gadot and the next actress like how BTAS put a few years between Keaton and Kilmer while also boosting Batman's popularity some more.

Not only would you either have to limit how much the cartoon would be able to do or show because of the movies but you would also need to heavily coordinate it with the continuity of the films and making sure everything fits into place and doesn't break the continuity, on-top of having to work around everybody's schedule and get them committed in if there's the expectation that they'll have to appear in movies too, which sounds like a lot.

And not to mention you would then be restraining the show to have to look and feel like it could fit into the movies rather than look like it's own thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Not a bad approach to be honest, at least on paper. These characters could benefit from some synergy while their movies come out.
    I hate synergy. It basically ruined Marvel Animation.

Yeah... they cancelled Earth's Mightiest Heroes and replaced it with Avengers Assemble, which had the movie roster plus Falcon. Then in season 4, they had a plot where the original team gets time displaced. They get rescued by a new team (Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Vision, Ant-Man, Wasp - Scott and Hope, not Hank and Janet like in EMH - Ms. Marvel and Jane Foster), but Falcon's been gone long enough to have aged up quite a bit - because he was in the MCU by then. Kamala, the only one not already in the MCU at the time, took Sam's old role as the audience appeal character. That show was definitely affected by synergy mandates. Considering they're doing a sixth season of the 90s X-Men, maybe they should also consider doing EMH season 3 (though even if they did, I bet they'd make changes to match later comics, such as the Marvels being shuffled).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-12-2023 at 12:29 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wonder how much the WW animated show would tie into "Paradise Lost" considering that's a prequel. Perhaps it'll be so far in the past that it won't affect present day, but I imagine some kind of continuity issue will arise. Let's just hope Gunn et al create an official Themyscira timeline /mythology just so all their ducks are in a row.