Page 586 of 695 FirstFirst ... 86486536576582583584585586587588589590596636686 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,790 of 10425
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

MG really tried to pull a "it wasnt me! I want her to live!" lol and then excuses her last words being the most embarrassing last words for a character..

The Arrowverse REALLY sucked at writing female characters.

That dialogue was an even bigger F U to Dinah Ollie fans than it was not pairing them together.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Olicity or whatever aside, the CW has done some serious damage to the public perception of Green Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    DC moved on from Olicity once the ship’s online fans harassed the rebirth writers over Dinah and Oliver getting back together

Que the comics version of Felicity (who had only just met Oliver) being executed/murdered off page
    Wait, was that explicitly confirmed? I thought Percy just never mentioned her or anything from Kreisberg's run.

Both Felicity and Mia Dearden (reintroduced in the same arc) just vanished.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Both Felicity and Mia Dearden (reintroduced in the same arc) just vanished.
    Looks like we're getting the real Mia in the upcoming Williamson GA run.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

God help us if Olicity shippers wind up working on the books or other adaptations in some capacity

It's a scary thought

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    God help us if Olicity shippers wind up working on the books or other adaptations in some capacity

It's a scary thought
    DC is too ashamed of the Arrowverse period (see making Wilddog a Jan 6 participant just because) for the burning rage end of that fandom to make it into any power before the Big Two undergo their final collapse.

At worst, Mia becomes one of Ollie’s kids and Felicity becomes one of his (consensual) exes; and I guess Ronnie Raymond gets an archer step-sister/sidekick

Astonishing Member

Olicity fans, and most of CW series audience are not even comicbook fans, so, it doesn't really matter.
    DC and WB never even hided the fact, that they never took Arrowverse seriously, which is why Guggenheim has been whining lately, because this background didn't help his career at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like we're getting the real Mia in the upcoming Williamson GA run.
    New 52 Mia never got as far as becoming Speedy, so yeah, that arc is probably no longer canon and current Mia won't bring it up.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

It's a scary thought
    Just saying, not that I want Olicity shippers on a Green Arrow run, but we got a TimxBernard fanfic shipper on a Tim Drake book. That's like 10 steps down from even a CW producer standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Just saying, not that I want Olicity shippers on a Green Arrow run, but we got a TimxBernard fanfic shipper on a Tim Drake book. That's like 10 steps down from even a CW producer standpoint.
    Tim is with Bernard so that wouldn't be a bad thing on paper. Olicity isn't even a thing in the comics.

But I don't think we'd have to be concerned about this, at least not in canon. The most Arrowverse synergy we got was the N52 and it ended there.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Tim is with Bernard so that wouldn't be a bad thing on paper. Olicity isn't even a thing in the comics.

But I don't think we'd have to be concerned about this, at least not in canon. The most Arrowverse synergy we got was the N52 and it ended there.
    Bernard was an ass that appeared a handful of times 20 years ago. Little more than a throw away character.

I feel like Green Arrow has declined in popularity in recent years so I think it is plausible that one comic book writer, who happens to be Arrow fan, could convince editors to try Olicity for few years.

Or Guggenheim himself, who was the showrunner...