Page 6 of 690 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Controversial opinion ahead:

I can't speak for the Batman stuff, but a lot of it has to do with the creators being forced to base their content on Geoff Johns' whack storylines. Justice League: Origin did not deserve its own animated feature. The comic was embarrassing enough, and did not deserve to be touted as something to entice a more general audience. The same goes for Flashpoint. Back in the heyday of the DCAU, Bruce Timm and co. were allowed the creative freedom to more or less do and adapt what they wanted to, and tell their own stories. This, no doubt, gave them more passion for their projects, and since their writers and producers are better storytellers than most comic writers, it allowed for better stories and a better product than what we're seeing today.

It would behoove DC to allow Timm to do what he wants and not force him to adapt Johns' stories and Justice League. I think they are allowing Timm more freedom with Gods and Monsters. Hopefully things turn around with the return of Timm and his new projects. I mean, really, who the hell is Geoff Johns compared to the guy behind Batman: The Animated Series and Justice League and Justice League Unlimited!?
    Timm was never allowed to do what he wants, don't be delusional.
    All their animated movies were adapted from famed story lines.

Astonishing Member

http://www.tvovermind.com/arrow/cws-...evision-252088

Heres a write up on why CW turned out to be one of the better networks out there. This is a response to all those people shitting on CW as being a teenage soap opera.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    http://www.tvovermind.com/arrow/cws-...evision-252088

Heres a write up on why CW turned out to be one of the better networks out there. This is a response to all those people shitting on CW as being a teenage soap opera.
    Sorry but we all know that the CW is a teenage soap opera. No need to deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Hmm, okay.

I am not sure about the bias..but I do agree that DC needs to step up their game with the newer films (Assault was awesome..ToA was great, but could have been better. The original story line was vastly superior to the movie version).

I loved JLA Adventures. The latest Lego (Bizzaro League) was also great. The quality seems to be all across the board (considering all animated projects).
    I really liked Assault on Arkham, it was basically the Suicide Squad movie with Batman cameos (but really good cameos!).
    ToA wasn't great, but it was a notch better than War and Son of Batman. Here's hoping with Batman vs Robin they get back into the swing of things.

And yeah, they are all over the place in quality with their movies, which I think is the problem. They seem to do a couple really great films, then a string of fair to mediocre titles. The 52 stuff so far is just in one of their dips of quality, but there's signs of picking up.
    And Bizarro League was fun.

Btw how does everyone feel about the recent batman unlimited animated movie trailer?
    I'm excited for it. A little bit toy commercial with all those costumes, but still cool/awesome looking. And Tim Drake's in it! Flash and Green Arrow not surprising because CW made them popular lately so why not have them in more stuff. Looks like a fun team up film.

Timm was never allowed to do what he wants, don't be delusional.
    All their animated movies were adapted from famed story lines.
    Mask of the Phantasm was adapted from a famed story line?

"The Squad" DLC for Lego Batman 3 is out now, closest thing to a Suicide Squad game we will get I guess. Cool that the voice of Waller is the actress from the Arrow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I really liked Assault on Arkham, it was basically the Suicide Squad movie with Batman cameos (but really good cameos!).
    ToA wasn't great, but it was a notch better than War and Son of Batman. Here's hoping with Batman vs Robin they get back into the swing of things.

And yeah, they are all over the place in quality with their movies, which I think is the problem. They seem to do a couple really great films, then a string of fair to mediocre titles. The 52 stuff so far is just in one of their dips of quality, but there's signs of picking up.
    And Bizarro League was fun.

I'm excited for it. A little bit toy commercial with all those costumes, but still cool/awesome looking. And Tim Drake's in it! Flash and Green Arrow not surprising because CW made them popular lately so why not have them in more stuff. Looks like a fun team up film.

Mask of the Phantasm was adapted from a famed story line?
    Superman doomsday was their first project into animated movies by Warner premiere. Since then it's been adaptations all the way till now.
    Mask of the phantasm is just a direct to video set in btas universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post

"The Squad" DLC for Lego Batman 3 is out now, closest thing to a Suicide Squad game we will get I guess. Cool that the voice of Waller is the actress from the Arrow.
    Should have called it Task Force X instead of the Squad. But it looks great though! Who's the shirtless guy?

Astonishing Member

Wb just announced a dc comics legends mobile game where players can customize form teams in a rpg.
    I've been waiting for this my whole life but it's just disappointing that its a mobile game. Would've love it to be a console or online game.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Should have called it Task Force X instead of the Squad. But it looks great though! Who's the shirtless guy?
    That's El Diablo. He was a member at the start of the New 52 Squad.

DC Entertainment Announces 3 NEW Mobile Games

"Batman: Arkham Underworld," from Turbine

Rule Gotham City! Build your hideout, then recruit and train an army of henchmen to do your bidding. Command iconic super-villains from the Batman: Arkham universe, including the Riddler, Harley Quinn and Killer Croc, to become Gotham City’s next criminal kingpin. Sign up for beta at http://www.arkhamunderworld.com.

"LEGO Batman: Beyond Gotham," from TT Games

The Caped Crusader joins forces with the super heroes of the DC Comics universe in this premium game and blasts off to outer space to stop the evil Brainiac from destroying Earth. Now the greatest super heroes and the most cunning villains must unite and stop Brainiac before it's too late.

DC Comics Legends, WB Games San Francisco

Gamers will grow their collection of legendary DC Comics super heroes and villains, customizing super teams with the right heroes for each encounter in this mobile RPG.

"In just four years, we have launched 25 games with more than 150 million installs worldwide across diverse fighting, strategy, puzzle and action adventure genres, and we will focus our business on a strong games-as-a-service model in 2015," said Greg Ballard, Senior Vice President, Mobile, Social and Emerging Platforms, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment in a statement. "Our line-up of strong titles will deliver deep player engagement, as well as innovation like console game connectivity with games including 'Mortal Kombat X' and 'Batman: Arkham Underworld.'"
    Source: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/03...w-mobile-games
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Superman doomsday was their first project into animated movies by Warner premiere. Since then it's been adaptations all the way till now.
    Mask of the phantasm is just a direct to video set in btas universe.
    Crisis on Two Earths was based on a DCAU script they never used, Assault on Arkham was an original story set in the Arkham games-verse, and Gods and Monsters or whatever coming up will be original.
    Then there's JLA Adventures Trapped in Time, the LEGO stuff, and the upcoming Batman Unlimited. Not sure if those are Warner Premiere specifically, but still DC.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Crisis on Two Earths was based on a DCAU script they never used, Assault on Arkham was an original story set in the Arkham games-verse, and Gods and Monsters or whatever coming up will be original.
    Then there's JLA Adventures Trapped in Time, the LEGO stuff, and the upcoming Batman Unlimited. Not sure if those are Warner Premiere specifically, but still DC.
    Crisis on two earth was based on JLA #29-30. Warner premiere folded 1-2 years ago but WB has promised to continue churning 3 high quality animated dtv. However since last year, there was a new format adapted by WB animations. 2 incontinuity dtv 1 out of continuity dtv.
    Last year they tested it out with Assault on Arkham, this year gods and monsters. JLA adventures and batman unlimited are both aimed at kids and not part of the high quality dtv that WB promised to deliver. Furthermore none of the kids dtv were directed by Bruce Timm.
    My point being when it comes to the 3 high quality animated dtv, Bruce Timm has never gotten much say on what to adapt or storyline. Gods and monsters being the first of its kind.

Crisis on two earth was based on JLA #29-30.
    I suppose I should have been more clear in my meaning, it's not an adaptation so much as inspired by. It was based on comics, loosely, for JL/JLU, reworked for DTV. So while it has elements of it, it wasn't meant as an adaptation exactly.

Warner premiere folded 1-2 years ago but WB has promised to continue churning 3 high quality animated dtv. However since last year, there was a new format adapted by WB animations. 2 incontinuity dtv 1 out of continuity dtv.
    I didn't know that.

Last year they tested it out with Assault on Arkham, this year gods and monsters. JLA adventures and batman unlimited are both aimed at kids and not part of the high quality dtv that WB promised to deliver. Furthermore none of the kids dtv were directed by Bruce Timm.
    My point being when it comes to the 3 high quality animated dtv, Bruce Timm has never gotten much say on what to adapt or storyline. Gods and monsters being the first of its kind.
    Fair enough.

I'm really excited for Gods and Monsters. It seems like the kind of thing that will be very good. (They do better with darker stories, Under Red Hood, TDKR, Flashpoint Paradox)