Page 600 of 695 FirstFirst ... 100500550590596597598599600601602603604610650 ... LastLast
Results 8,986 to 9,000 of 10425

EXCLUSIVE: The CW is nearing renewal decisions on the three remaining scripted series in limbo, Superman & Lois, All American: Homecoming and Gotham Knights, sources tell Deadline. Because of the shows’ high price point compared to the lower-license-fees model the network is shifting to in pursuit of profitability, I hear two of the three series — Superman & Lois and All American: Homecoming — would return for another season, joining previously renewed tentpoles All American and Walker. UPDATE 6 PM: The CW has officially renewed Superman & Lois for a 10-episode fourth season and All American: Homecoming for a 13-episode Season 3.

To make it happen, I hear producing studio Warner Bros. Television made a proposal about a reduced license fee it could make the shows for. While not close to the $1 million an episode the new CW regime had been targeting, I hear it was a significant reduction that could make the series feasible for the network while still making financial sense for the studio.

If the CW proceeds with renewing Superman & Lois and All American: Homecoming as expected, that would come with major budget cuts that would include reducing the number of series-regular cast members. Superman & Lois, now in its third season, has 12 series regulars; sophomore All American: Homecoming has nine. I hear the leads are not expected to be affected but supporting cast members likely would be. (Speeding up the decision is the fact that cast options are set to expire this week.)

I hear that, in the event of a renewal, the CW likely would share some library streaming rights to Superman & Lois, which is now available on Max. (All American: Homecoming is on Netflix through a deal Warner Bros. TV made with the streamer last summer.)

Performance-wise, Superman & Lois has been on par with All American and Walker. But, with its superhero nature, it also is more expensive due to extensive special effects. In addition to trimming the cast, the series likely would lean more heavily into its core premise as a family drama going forward while still honoring its superhero roots.
    https://deadline.com/2023/06/superma...235414908/amp/
    Bolded could go very badly, but hopefully the writers go in knowing that S4 is the last season and prepare accordingly unlike the frankly awful final season that the Flash got.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

For once WB made the right call. I'm sorry for Gotham Knights fans, though.

It'll be interesting to see what the reduced budget leads too aside from trimming the cast but I'm just glad to be getting more S&L.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The gameplay of this series is fun but dear lord am I sick of fascist Superman vs perfect incorruptible Batman. it seems like these games are made by people whose only knowledge of the DCU is the Dark Knight Returns and the Snyderverse movies. NetherRealm is seriously like the douche bros of the video game world.
    Netherealm aren't any more douchebro than anyone else in the game world. Arguably less so given they don't have their female characters all dress like strippers (anymore).

Maybe with James Gunn in control of the DCU he’ll have some say in how the characters are portrayed. Maybe don’t have a new game where Superman is a monster when they’re trying to revamp the character and they’re using him as a springboard for their new movieverse.
    We have a tv show, an upcoming animated series and numerous comics where Superman is not a villain. One video game series (that also had a heroic Superman) is not going to take away from that.

Astonishing Member

Gotham knights was what it was. Personally I liked it, but I have a low bar.

The odd thing is that I understood it did decent numbers for a CW show and had a minuscule budget; so dropping it for SM&L does make me think it was always planned to be a filler show to run out WB’s contract with CW

Amazing Member

Just an FYI ... a new digital card game based on DC characters called DC Dual Force will be out soon. You can check out the details and watch the trailer here ...

www.dcdualforce.com

It's being compared to Marvel Snap, the mobile card game based on Marvel characters. DC Dual Force is only on PC though with plans to release mobile versions later. They just concluded the beta for streamers so you can already see gameplay on Youtube. Those who have played it say it's closer to Hearthstone than to Marvel Snap. It looks interesting so I just might try it out even though I haven't played card games in awhile. For those interested, open beta starts this weekend.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It'll be interesting to see what the reduced budget leads too aside from trimming the cast but I'm just glad to be getting more S&L.
    It wasn't their call though lol. It was nexstars decision

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Well, after the LIV Golf merger with PGA, they figured out they need something next year. Well, that and their crappy ratings with LIV.

There was a Cartoon Network/WB Animation panel today:

* Batman: Caped Crusader characters designs were shown. Apparently the Gordons are black in this version (I guess that's gonna be the new standard?)
    * A My Adventures with Superman clip was shown
    * There is a Beast Boy animated series in development, which is apparently not a Teen Titans Go! spin-off

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post

* Batman: Caped Crusader characters designs were shown. Apparently the Gordons are black in this version (I guess that's gonna be the new standard?)
    * There is a Beast Boy animated series in development, which is apparently not a Teen Titans Go! spin-off
    Right now, we only have seen a character design, with a logo and key visual. I got back my notes so here's the exact words of the panel :
    - "First DC that's gonna be done in the UK"
    - "New series we're just starting out"
    - "It is the lone adventures of Beast Boy"
    It was quick but it looked more like My Adventures with Superman than Young Justice. But he will don a white and red Doom Patrol suit
    https://twitter.com/midoumir/status/...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I kind of expected it since with Reeves' involvement they were likely going to base if on Jeffrey Wright's interpretation, though considering all the other white versions I'm not sure if it'll be standard. Especially for Batgirl being so associated with being a green-eyed redhead.

Color me surprised they're giving Beast Boy his own cartoon.

40s-50s aesthetic is certainly a weird choice. Despite the title it makes me wonder if this a Doom Patrol show in-disguise.

Kite Man is getting a show, Beast Boy really isn't surprising in perspective.

Redheads keep biting the dust again and again is farcical at this point.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-15-2023 at 11:00 PM.

To be fair, Barbara was a brunette in a red wig in her first major adaptation (and blonde in Batman & Robin), so it's nothing new for her.

Did you really have to remind me of "Barbara Wilson".

A Beast Boy series would be a pleasant surprise if done well.