Page 7 of 693 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast

Clues on the 3 Characters [Spinoff show]

TV line has a description of the 3 new characters:
    “THE TRAVELER” | Described as a “Han Solo-esque rogue who gets by with his charm, this hero hails from the future, and has journeyed back in time on a secret mission. His razor-sharp wit hides the pain of a man who has lived through serious conflict. He also harbors many secrets, always leaving both his teammates and the audience unsure of his true allegiances.

Quite Possibly Is Rip Hunter, who first debuted in 1959 in the pages of DC Comics’ series Showcase and has popped up in continuity over the years. This Time Master has revealed in the past that “Rip Hunter” isn’t his real name – it’s an alias he uses so that his enemies can’t thwart his future efforts by killing him when he is a helpless infant in the past!

But Could Also Be Booster Gold — though he appeared in an episode of Smallville (played by Days of Our Lives‘ Eric Martsolf), and it’s been said the new characters have never been featured on a live-action show before — or Time Traveler, a powerful villain who’s gone up against the Legion of Super-Heroes.

“FEMALE WARRIOR” | This twenty something Latina is pretty but unassuming, book smart and socially awkward by day. But by night, when she hears the cry of battle, her fury is ignited and she becomes a fierce warrior — so much so, that sometimes she can become a threat to others.

Quite Possibly Is a cross between Fury aka Helena Kosmatos, an Amazon heroine empowered by the ancient Furies, and Yolanda Montez, who assumed the role of Wildcat from her godfather, Ted Grant.

But Could Also Be Pantha aka Rosabelle Mendez, a short-lived member of the New Titans, or Tarantula aka Catalina Marie Flores, who hails from the pages of Nightwing.

“MYSTERY HERO” |An African-American male in his twenties will fill the role of a regular, street smart guy who unexpectedly gains powers, and then, as part of the team, regularly quips about the insanity of the situations.

Quite Possibly Is Virgil Ovid Hawkins, a high school student who was splashed with experimental chemicals after being caught in a gang war. Virgil emerged with electromagnetic powers, which he uses to fight crime as the superhero Static (pictured).

But Could Also Be Black Lightning (aka Jefferson Pierce) or Black Vulcan
    Source: http://tvline.com/2015/03/08/arrow-f...p-hunter-fury/

Keep in mind, the characters are just guesses...the descriptions aren't. So, take a guess, who else could it be?

The first one, I think is Rip Hunter (I wish it were BG.....unless they are lying about these characters not appearing on live action, I don't see BG being the character).

2nd one, I have no clue.

3rd one. I highly doubt it's Virgil (Frankly, I don't know why people keep assuming he is going to appear in Arrowverse...since they have already announced a Static live action show). It could be Black Vulkan or Black Lightning....or maybe it's one of those obscure characters.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

So possibly Booster Gold, Hawk Girl, and Black Lightning. I hope it's not Rip Hunter. He's an interesting character but. Booster would be so much more fun. Plus they already have a scientific mentor character in Martin Stein.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-09-2015 at 01:02 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Clues on the 3 Characters [Spinoff show]

TV line has a description of the 3 new characters:

Source: http://tvline.com/2015/03/08/arrow-f...p-hunter-fury/

3rd one. I highly doubt it's Virgil (Frankly, I don't know why people keep assuming he is going to appear in Arrowverse...since they have already announced a Static live action show). It could be Black Vulkan or Black Lightning....or maybe it's one of those obscure characters.
    Because one show has nothing to do with the other. There is no rule that says a person can appear on two different shows-even if one is online.

Did we not have Robin on Young Justice and Teen Titans Go!

Look up the Saint Elsewhere TV Universe-Law & Order franchise, Chicago Hope, X-Files, Ally McBeal, Lone Gunman, The Beat, LA Law, The Practice, Oz, Homicide, The Wire & The White Shadow-ALL are linked together. Yet acted separate from each other.

Remember there is NOTHING known about that Static show and whose to say they can't be merged together?

And Static is the main name tossed as the few black male characters in DC not named John, Victor, Jason, Lucas Fox, John Henry, Jefferson or Bronze Tiger are so POORLY developed or used that Static is the default choice. It could be Malcolm Duncan but he hasn't had a decent storyline since the 70s. Isaiah Crockett hasn't been seen in 7 years and does fit the description.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because one show has nothing to do with the other. There is no rule that says a person can appear on two different shows-even if one is online.

Did we not have Robin on Young Justice and Teen Titans Go!

Look up the Saint Elsewhere TV Universe-Law & Order franchise, Chicago Hope, X-Files, Ally McBeal, Lone Gunman, The Beat, LA Law, The Practice, Oz, Homicide, The Wire & The White Shadow-ALL are linked together. Yet acted separate from each other.

Remember there is NOTHING known about that Static show and whose to say they can't be merged together?

And Static is the main name tossed as the few black male characters in DC not named John, Victor, Jason, Lucas Fox, John Henry, Jefferson or Bronze Tiger are so POORLY developed or used that Static is the default choice. It could be Malcolm Duncan but he hasn't had a decent storyline since the 70s. Isaiah Crockett hasn't been seen in 7 years and does fit the description.
    While I would like to see Static appear he's no longer a part of the DC Universe. Milestone is still working with DC but they have taken back ownership of the characters. So unless WB/DCE have a deal in place that they find suitable in terms of paying the character's creator estates I don't think we'll be seeing Static. Why use a character whose appearance would require them to pay McDuffie's estate when they can just use a teenage Black Lightning. Unless they really think having Static on the show would increase profits by a lot.

Hopefully they can work something out. Maybe the Milestone guys feel this would be beneficial for their business.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-09-2015 at 03:36 PM.

Flash - HUGE SPOILERS

As The Flash’s hunt for the Reverse Flash heats up, Barry (Grant Gustin) will soon learn the devastating truth that his mentor Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanagh) is actually his super powered nemesis who killed his mother. The good news for fans is that we’ll finally discover what Harrison Wells’ ultimate goal is: “Harrison Wells is just a guy who wants to get home,” Cavanagh said cryptically during Saturday’s PaleyFest panel.

However, considering upcoming episodes will feature time travel, it begs the question of how much will hold true as Barry toys with his want to save his late mother. “We’re definitely talking about the ramifications of time travel,” says executive producer Andrew Kreisberg, who also teased that the show will soon be taking on a major storyline directly from the comics. “There are episodes coming up where there is concern of certain events being changed in the past [that] would affect who people are and their relationships with each other. If the past changes, does the present change as well?”

Altering the past could explain why Eddie (Rick Cosnett) took a shocking turn in the newly released trailer screened ahead of the panel. Though it was long suspected that Eddie could actually be the Reverse Flash, he has proved himself to be a standup guy… until now. In the trailer, Eddie approaches two fellow cops and shoots them point blank—which is hopefully a result of Barry tinkering with the past. “Eddie has an amazing arc over the season and you’re going to be so surprised,” Cosnett teases. Bonus: We also saw Barry confront his feelings for Iris (Candice Patton) in the trailer, followed by Eddie punching him in the face.

In other news relating to the Wests, executive producer Greg Berlanti teases that they hope to introduce elements of the Wally West story in season 2 and also explore exactly what happened to Mama West—though we will get a small hint towards her whereabouts soon. “There’s an amazing scene in an upcoming episode where Tom and Jesse discuss that,” Kreisberg says.

As for those back in S.T.A.R. Labs, we will have to wait a while before some of the other characters, like Caitlin Snow (Danielle Panabaker) and Cisco (Carlos Valdes), exhibit superhuman tendencies. “But some of us sooner rather than later,” Panabaker teases. We will also finally learn who has been tending to the metahumans locked up in the pipeline, while Berlanti teases an upcoming episode will also deal with the moral ramifications of the S.T.A.R. Labs team playing judge and jury with the villains’ futures.
    http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/14...3978b733947106

So it sounds like Wells' endgame is to go back to the future...since with his speed coming and going, he probably can't be fast enough to go forward in time. I guess the main question is why he came back to the past in the first place and killed Barry's mom. Was it to mess with Flash, who in the future he's a major enemy of? And then all his actions in the present have been to make sure Barry still becomes the Flash so that Wells can still get his powers in the future?

The only major storyline I can think of that would fit is Flashpoint, and the changes to the past causes Eddie to turn evil. I'm curious to see how long the arc might last and if it'll carry into the season finale, and just how many changes we'll see. And I'm still waiting for confirmation that Harrison Wells is an alias for Eobard Thawne .

Happy to hear the creative team very much want to bring in Wally, and address Iris' mother .

Also great to have confirmation that the issues with the Pipeline will finally be addressed, both in how the Metahumans are taken care of and the moral quandaries related to what STAR Labs is doing

Astonishing Member

http://deadline.com/2015/03/flashpoi...ls-1201392825/

1. Flashpoint teased
    2. Flash is a huge hit with kids
    3. Ollie will take a dramatic change in direction after end of season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So it sounds like Wells' endgame is to go back to the future...since with his speed coming and going, he probably can't be fast enough to go forward in time. I guess the main question is why he came back to the past in the first place and killed Barry's mom. Was it to mess with Flash, who in the future he's a major enemy of? And then all his actions in the present have been to make sure Barry still becomes the Flash so that Wells can still get his powers in the future?

The only major storyline I can think of that would fit is Flashpoint, and the changes to the past causes Eddie to turn evil. I'm curious to see how long the arc might last and if it'll carry into the season finale, and just how many changes we'll see. And I'm still waiting for confirmation that Harrison Wells is an alias for Eobard Thawne .

Happy to hear the creative team very much want to bring in Wally, and address Iris' mother .

Also great to have confirmation that the issues with the Pipeline will finally be addressed, both in how the Metahumans are taken care of and the moral quandaries related to what STAR Labs is doing
    Could be any one of those, a combo of those, or all of them (remote possibility: it's something else entirely). What if Tom is Barry's son?

I know, that's a major deviation, but both Flash and Arrow have taken a lot of liberties with the characters; so it's not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post

1. Flashpoint teased
    2 is awesome!

I hope to see Flashpoint on tv - even incorporate, Arrow into it (with Robert becoming the classic arrow with a goatee!)

Well in Flashpoint Reverse-Flash said he was trying to make Barry a better hero by putting him through tragedy. I think Dr. Wells has similar motivations. We keep seeing the newspaper from the future showing that Flash disappeared/failed during a Crisis. Maybe Wells is trying to train Barry to survive the future Crisis so Wells' future can survive.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post

1. Flashpoint teased
    That's really awesome that Flash is popular with kids. Good to know there's still a great DC action-show that they can latch onto, even if it's not a cartoon .

I can only imagine that the new direction for Oliver pertains to him finally becoming Green Arrow, though it sounds like it comes as a result of something tragic that happens at the end of season 3 .

A little surprised that Oliver is disappointed in what he's accomplished as the Arrow in the two years he's been active. I think it's been said in-universe that crime's in Starling has been at the lowest it's ever been since the Arrow turned up, and he's stopped a lot of really bad dudes and saved a lot of lives. Is there more he wants to accomplish than that? Or could the business with Murmur disillusion Ollie on what his presence has accomplished?

So if Wally is one of the two characters important to the Flash mythos that the creators want to use, I wonder who the other one could be? Bart? Jay Garrick? Mirror Master ?

You know what would be cool to see on a Flashpoint adaption? Citizen Cold protector of Central City.

Great to hear that there were a lot of kids at the Flash panel!
    I really hope they eventually bring up the Multiverse. As Morrison showed in Multiversity the Flash is always the catalyst for those types of stories. It would be a great way to explain the different tv and movie versions of these characters.

My fanboy dream would be to see a scene in the Flash movie where Ezra Miller's Flash is running through the time space barrier and for a second we see Grant Gustin's Flash running along side of him. A little wink or waive and then he disappears.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-15-2015 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    You know what would be cool to see on a Flashpoint adaption? Citizen Cold protector of Central City.
    Yes to that!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    this could probably explain a spin off starring wentworth miller and caity lotz. part of the cast could be set on an alternate timeline.