Page 97 of 695 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197597 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 10425
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    yeah I don't believe this is going to be faithful for a second. Adding story?!

But more importantly I don't for one second think Warner would allow DC to do a faithful adaptation of what happens after Barbara is shot
    I think they'll go for it. It's the nature of the book. I don't think they'll be super graphic about it, but I think they're going to depict exactly what we saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I think they'll go for it. It's the nature of the book. I don't think they'll be super graphic about it, but I think they're going to depict exactly what we saw.
    I don't know I think that opens up a can of worms. Even the little stuff of Joker pulling Barbara's shirt, to the chest shot on the polaroid to Gordon in his bids get up. And the way its conveyed in the story. DC animations never done anything like this before.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I don't know I think that opens up a can of worms. Even the little stuff of Joker pulling Barbara's shirt, to the chest shot on the polaroid to Gordon in his bids get up. And the way its conveyed in the story. DC animations never done anything like this before.
    They might make small compromises here and there but it wouldn't be the same story if they didn't have the pictures element basically intact. I think they might go the whole way.

Well, it is their first R rated film, so most likely they will do it, but maybe not as graphic.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF...tunesimage.jpg

A screengrab from Itunes for the Justice League vs. The Teen Titans featurette on Batman: Bad Blood shows Robin (Damian), Blue Beetle (Jaime), Raven, Starfire, and Beast Boy.

Also:

Vixen renewed for season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

A screengrab from Itunes for the Justice League vs. The Teen Titans featurette on Batman: Bad Blood shows Robin (Damian), Blue Beetle (Jaime), Raven, Starfire, and Beast Boy.

Also:

And Kevin Smith to direct an episode of Flash; wonder how that would go.

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

'Tomorrow' brings us new comic book legends

PASADENA, Calif. — Tomorrow is just a few days away.

Eleven days to be precise, which is how long it is until CW's latest DC comic book adaptation, Legends of Tomorrow, makes its January 21 debut. Having been set up by a crossover event on CW's two other DC hits from producer Greg Berlanti, The Flash and Arrow, Legends will kick off its own run with a special two-parter that assembles the team and launches them on their adventures.

Described by CW president Mark Pedowitz to critics at the Televisions Critics Association Sunday as "Guardians of the Galaxy meets Doctor Who," the series stars Arthur Darvill as a "Time Master" who travels back from 2166 to recruit a team of superheroes to stop immortal villain Vandal Savage (Casper Crump). And coincidentally enough, the team he chooses are all people you've already seen on Flash and Arrow: Atom (Brandon Routh), Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller), Heat Wave (Dominic Purcell), White Canary (Caity Lotz), Hawkgirl (Ciara Renee), Hawkman (Falk Hentschel) and Firestorm (Victor Garber and Franz Drameh).

While all of these characters exist in the DC comic book world, they had never been assembled as a team before. So why do it now? In part, says Berlanti, the new team grew out of his fondness for these particular characters and actors and his desire to do a "Dirty Dozen, Oceans 11" type show with them.

"The characters were really interesting to us, and we never felt that we had enough time on Flash or Arrow to delve into their lives....And we looked at the landscape and felt there really wasn't a classic team-up show in this genre."

So now they're teamed-up on their own. And while that doesn't mean they won't be back on their original shows, don't expect the visits to be anything more than "intermittent." "They're a band of time traveling rogues," says Berlanti, "so it's harder for Arrow and Flash to be connected to it though-out the season."

Counting CBS's Supergirl and Fox's Gotham, Legends will arrive as the fifth DC show on the air, leading some to wonder whether we've reached the super-hero saturation point. Geoff Johns, Chief Creative Officer of DC Entertainment, says "no" — not as long as the show's stay distinctive. "There are hundreds and hundreds of comic book published every month, and there have been for decades...The ones that survive are all about something different and they have something different to explore."
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/t...ends/78591500/

Flash Supergirl Crossover

The clock is ticking on whether Supergirl will crossover with The Flash and/or Arrow this year. DC Comics uber-producer Greg Berlanti say his teams on all three shows would need to lock down a plan with The CW and CBS within roughly a month in order to make a climatic multi-network crossover happen this season.

“I would love it, a lot of things would have to go right and people would have to say ‘Yes,’” Berlanti said. “It would have to figured out very soon. It would all have to be figured out in the next month or so. As it remains right now we’ve talked internally about how cool it would be, but we haven’t had official conversations. [The CW chief Mark Pedowitz] is supportive.”

Supergirl debuted to very strong ratings in the fall (13 million viewers, 3.1 rating among adults 18-49), then fell to more modest-yet-solid numbers (the recent midseason had 8.8 million and a 1.8 rating). We asked showrunner Andrew Kreisberg how the series is evolving for the back half of the season to perhaps regain some of the ground that slipped away.
    http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/10...girl-crossover

BANNED

This is... interesting.

I probably won't watch it, I thought the Son of Batman movie was awful and hated Damian's voice, but interesting nonetheless.

A new clip from DC's Legends of Tomorrow with White Canary kicking ass

http://www.spoilersguide.com/legends...-1-sneak-peek/

I know she's Sarah Lance but she's still way more like Dinah from the comic books. Makes me love her even more.

Also:

Yes Blue Beetle!!! It really seemed like DC was going to shelve him for good. So freakin happy he's gonna be in this!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    A new clip from DC's Legends of Tomorrow with White Canary kicking ass

http://www.spoilersguide.com/legends...-1-sneak-peek/

I know she's Sarah Lance but she's still way more like Dinah from the comic books. Makes me love her even more.
    The way I look at it, Sara got more of Dinah's personality, skills, and style while Laurel got the name, codename, and Canary Cry. Both share Black Canary's being a blonde crimefighter who wears (or sometimes) a wig, a martial artist, dating Oliver Queen, and black costumes.

Past/Future Versions of Flash and Arrow in LoT

With time travel in play, past and future versions of characters featured on Arrow and The Flash will appear on DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

This is not particularly surprising to those who have been following the build-up to the series, but it was confirmed at the Television Critics Association earlier today during an interview with EW.

There is a “100 percent chance” that older and/or younger versions of Oliver Queen and Barry Allen will appear, according to Legends executive producer Phil Klemmer.

At one point, ComicBook.com reported that a version of Connor Hawke would come to TV, taking up the mantle of a Green Arrow presumed missing. This seems like a good candidate for a story where future versions of the characters might show up.
    http://comicbook.com/2016/01/10/past...ear-on-legend/

BANNED

Will they do "Crisis" movies for Justice League?

I was thinking one way DC could really differentiate itself from Marvel is with the body count of heroes. Some may find that cheap or overly morbid but it definitely seems like more heroes just typically die in a DC event.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Past/Future Versions of Flash and Arrow in LoT

http://comicbook.com/2016/01/10/past...ear-on-legend/
    Interesting. I wonder if we might see Sara try and stop herself from going on the Queen's Gambit and we get to see a young Ollie (complete with wig) through that?

It would be kinda awesome if the team's time-traveling leads us to finally meet a future Flash like the the Barry from the original timeline .