Page 98 of 695 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198598 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 10425

Laura Vandervoort and Jeff Branson Joins Supergirl

"Supergirl" has added another Supergirl to the mix: Laura Vandervoort, who played Kara Zor-El/Supergirl from 2007 to 2011 on "Smallville," has been cast as Indigo, a recurring role on the CBS series, as announced Monday by Warner Bros. Television at the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour.

Here's the official description of Indigo: "A living, strong-willed supercomputer that was sentenced to Fort Rozz after turning against the people of Krypton. Now on Earth, Indigo will let nothing stand in her way."

Additionally, Jeff Branson has been cast as Master Jailer, in another recurring role. Here's the description: "As the forceful and unrelenting jail guard on Fort Rozz, Master Jailer showed no mercy. Now on Earth, he is hellbent on catching all of the Fort Rozz escapees and brutally bringing them to justice."
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Has Supergirl been good? Asking from the perspective of someone who couldn't keep watching Arrow due to the melodrama and stripping of the original characterization, and who enjoys the Flash but is often annoyed by the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Has Supergirl been good? Asking from the perspective of someone who couldn't keep watching Arrow due to the melodrama and stripping of the original characterization, and who enjoys the Flash but is often annoyed by the same.
    I would say that, from a characterization standpoint, I think Supergirl is portrayed pretty much exactly as you would expect her too without any major addition to her origin or character aside from a new adoptive family in the Danvers'.

Probably the biggest shift from what you'd expect is their version of Jimmy, and I'm not talking about the race-change, but when you consider this is a veteran Jimmy it's a little easier to accept.

I would very much reccomend it if you're a fan of Superman and Supergirl .

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    amazing tha dcuo has expanded to xbox after all these years. anybody know the size of its player base? just curious.

LoT Premier Extended

The CW has announced that the series premiere of "DC's Legends of Tomorrow," the ensemble superhero drama spinning out of "Arrow" and "The Flash," will have an extended runtime. The series debut on Thursday, Jan. 21, will receive an additional three minutes, running from 8:00 p.m through 9:02:50 p.m.

Aaron Douglas to portray Turtle in Flash

Entertainment Weekly has learned that "Battlestar Galactica" alum Aaron Douglas will play the Turtle in the midseason premiere episode. As opposed to the comics where the turtle is a scientific genius that used slowness to battle the Flash, Douglas' Turtle will be a meta-human with the ability to slow down time.

“In a surprisingly funny twist, Cisco [Carlos Valdes] has actually been hunting The Turtle the entire series,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg told EW. “To Barry’s surprise, everybody knows about Cisco’s hunt for the great white whale, which is The Turtle; he’s the only one who didn’t know about it. We love the idea that there was a villain out there that they knew about, but they just haven’t bothered to tell the audience about yet. All Barry wants to do is get faster, because if he can get faster, he can take on Zoom. He’s going up against a villain who is literally slowing him down. This is one of our best episodes coming back that we’ve ever done. It feels big and emotional.”

Nice, was hoping to see the Turtle. Quirky but cool villain and concept.

Jonah Hex to appear in LoT

With a premise involving time travel, the CW's "Legends of Tomorrow" can travel to corners of the DC Universe that would be hard to squeeze into "Arrow" or "The Flash." One such era is that of the old west and, as revealed by Variety, "Legends'" time-hopping nature will allow the ragtag team to cross paths with Jonah Hex.

“Ever since we decided that ‘Legends’ would involve time travel, we were eager to do a story set in the Old West,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim told Variety. “But if you’re going to do a story set in the DC Universe version of the Old West, you simply must include Jonah Hex in it. We’re thrilled about bringing another well known, beloved DC character to television.”

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    amazing tha dcuo has expanded to xbox after all these years. anybody know the size of its player base? just curious.
    From what I could find the numbers are all over the place. From a few hundred thousand to over 20 million.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would say that, from a characterization standpoint, I think Supergirl is portrayed pretty much exactly as you would expect her too without any major addition to her origin or character aside from a new adoptive family in the Danvers'.

Probably the biggest shift from what you'd expect is their version of Jimmy, and I'm not talking about the race-change, but when you consider this is a veteran Jimmy it's a little easier to accept.

I would very much reccomend it if you're a fan of Superman and Supergirl .
    Yeah, noticed a big change with Jimmy. Thanks!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post

I wanted to start playing DCUO. But after finding out that you don't play as any of the characters. I passed on it. It does look fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I wanted to start playing DCUO. But after finding out that you don't play as any of the characters. I passed on it. It does look fun.
    I thought that at first too but it's fun to create your own character in likeness of your favorites and run around mapped out versions of Metropolis, Gotham, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I thought that at first too but it's fun to create your own character in likeness of your favorites and run around mapped out versions of Metropolis, Gotham, etc.
    Agreed. And the Watchtower...I login once in a while, just for that. You feel like you are in the DC Universe!

iZombie 2X11 Promo - Fifty Shades of Grey Matter