Page 99 of 695 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199599 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 10422

Powerless will use DC's Recognizable Heroes

At the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour today, I asked NBC executives Robert Greenblatt and Jennifer Salke a bit about Powerless, the DC Comics comedy pilot the network is working on, set in an insurance agency in a world where superheroes are a fact of life.

ABC and Marvel are simultaneously developing Damage Control as a potential series, which has a similar scenario (a comedy, set at a construction company inside the Marvel universe), but Salke would only say of the competition, “I can't worry about other networks' comedies, but ours is great.”

“Powerless is [from] Ben Queen, a writer we love who I'd worked with for many years,” Salke noted. “DC came in with a pitch and they're very committed to... This is a world where superheroes are not only just on green screen out the window of this insurance office, but they're also running into you on the street and wreaking havoc. The idea isn't that it's the creme de la creme of the superheroes. It's a world where there's a whole population of superheroes with all sorts of all challenges themselves. So you're seeing quite a range of characters in that realm in addition to our great, kind of grounded human ensemble.”

When I asked if DC was open to at least mentioning big name superheroes like Superman and Batman on the show, Salke replied, “Oh yeah, they've namedropped everyone. I don't think they’ve said anyone's off limits.

While the majority of the ensemble may be normal humans, Salke did reveal there was at least one DC hero in the pilot, remarking, “Just creatively, what I've seen so far of the pilot, the main superhero that's featured is not one of those [Batman or Superman-type heroes], but it's someone recognizable.

Greenblatt added that when it comes to DC heroes in Powerless, “Also, they're in the background. They're wallpaper I suppose, as opposed to they're not the main characters in the show, so you may see them blowing up a building out the window or something.”

Said Salke, “You're definitely hearing about them about them because they exist in the world. It's a question of speaking parts and it's a wide range of superheroes.”
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/...2aebad5d000012
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post

I never would vote for this guy.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Never heard about this until now. Very interesting.

Interesting. I wonder who they'll use and who they might have access to as far as characters are concerned?

If it's anyone but Booster Gold I'll be very disappointed.

Starfire! And is that a reference to Titans Tower ?

Also sounds like Kari Wahlgren as Kori. I wonder if that will carry over into Justice League vs. The Teen Titans. And man, Batfamily business is always keeping Dick away (in more ways then one) .

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Booster and Ted would be awesome in a comedy series... i was thinking of Eel O'Brien, I wonder if they have the budget for FX for every episode...

So, is "Powerless" the working title?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Starfire! And is that a reference to Titans Tower ?

Also sounds like Kari Wahlgren as Kori. I wonder if that will carry over into Justice League vs. The Teen Titans. And man, Batfamily business is always keeping Dick away (in more ways then one) .
    Yeah this scene seems specifically designed to set up the Justice League vs Titans movie. We now know that Starfire exists in this universe and that she and Nightwing are a couple. And we now know that Nghtwing has another team outside of the Batfamily. Titans Tower!
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-14-2016 at 02:04 AM.

Legion in One of the TV Shows?

During the Television Critics Association winter press tour, DC Entertainment CCO Geoff Johns revealed that one live-action DC TV show will at least refer to the Legion of Super-Heroes (via TVLine).

"You'll see a hint of the Legion on one of our shows," Johns teased, but refused to specify which show he was referring to.

"I love the Legion. They're underused and hopefully we’ll get them out there soon," he added.

i'm guessing it's Supergirl. they were apparently casting a teenage Clark Kent which could mean time travel. so maybe the Legion takes Kara back in time to meet a younger version of her cousin.

Well, with that and Cosmic Clash, it's nice to see the Legion getting some love while they still have no ongoing at the moment .

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Booster was the guy that immediately came to mind for me as well -- seems like a good fit for this kind of show. Fingers crossed...

Quote Originally Posted by sanderling View Post
    Booster was the guy that immediately came to mind for me as well -- seems like a good fit for this kind of show. Fingers crossed...
    fingers crossed too... and if booster is around, hopefully ted might not be too far behind...

I would like to see the CW Flash fight the Legion of Super-Villains for 1 season.