Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Awesome! Do you think Carey did a good job writing her?
    Its not like there was a ton of content to go off of, but I was satisfied with it. At the very least it was an entertaining segment.

but she did seemed be written more mature. More sure of herself in the pages she was given. IMO
    I wouldn't necessarily use mature as the word, though there is a degree of truth to the statement. It wasn't 100% what you might expect, but some of the "game face" stuff could take place offscreen. Also if you really dissect the scenes, her general reaction to everything when she was on screen was still that of someone relatively inexperienced in the world of x-men. (sorry for vague terms, dont want to potentially spoil anything).

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Well it's nice to hear that she was relevant to No More Humans as I was worried that everyone that wasn't on the cover would be getting ignored.

She had her moment as did Triage. I'm thinking them two might be the standouts at the NXS.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

All-New Member

Just in case anyone wants to know Triage Played a pretty big role in No More Humans aswell i'd even say his role was more important since he has abit more panel time and was linked to the main story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    So Tempus still has that mystery on what she saw and Celeste is becoming a nicer person after attaching herself to Tempus.

However there's a pressing issue.

All-New X-Men #26 is yet another issue that got the hair wrong for Tempus! Her hair is long now! Also, when does Tempus know of Mystique? I forget. Or is it possible Raze impersonating Tempus?!

It would explain the hair and we all know that when her hair got long no one really noticed, Cyke even tried to guess what changed but couldn't figure out that it was her hair.

My guess with the inconsistant look is the lead time on the stories. The characters are secondary in ANXM so my best guess is Bendy probably did not note changes to their looks in ANXM where the changes always pop up. Immonen and the stellar art team on the book don't seem the type to make mistakes if they were written. Alas with the new Uncanny artist there may be more panel to panel changes based on previews...jmo.
    With Tempus being a fan-girl I could easily see her knowing about Mystique, she also faces her in NMH and knows her and Raze...I assume that takes place after this arc as Jean and Emma sound as if they have been training together. Tyke is gone from the story, X-23 is in it...but so is Hijack with the NXS students and they are out of uniform. Difficult to tell the timeline. If it happens before. ..and Raze has already returned, that could also explain her knowing Mystique.

It's great that Tempus and Triage, the first two All-New Mutants, are getting screentime. Though I wonder what they'll do to give Goldballs his standout moment or a unique way to utilize his powers thus making him being able to be taken much more seriously.

-

It just gets me that her hair is being ignored in even Uncanny X-Men sometimes and All-New seems to make no note of it.

If she got it cut in Uncanny or something it would at least explain why her hair is like that since Uncanny seems to be lagging behind All-New on the time scale as in Uncanny the All-New Team is still in space.

*Spoilers* Just saw the new X-Men film, and at the end of the film in the Xavier school hallway there is a young student walking around with short dark hair and flashy white bangs. Probably very minor, but I feel this could've been a nod to Tempus! *Spoilers*

It's great that Tempus and Triage, the first two All-New Mutants, are getting screentime. Though I wonder what they'll do to give Goldballs his standout moment or a unique way to utilize his powers thus making him being able to be taken much more seriously.

-

It just gets me that her hair is being ignored in even Uncanny X-Men sometimes and All-New seems to make no note of it.

If she got it cut in Uncanny or something it would at least explain why her hair is like that since Uncanny seems to be lagging behind All-New on the time scale as in Uncanny the All-New Team is still in space.
    Even though she looks great with long hair, I kinda prefer it to be shorter. Bendis really needs to stop taking so much time with issues and finally explain what happened to her and what she saw when she time traveled.

Bendis takes his time... So I wouldn't hold your breath as it may be a very long time til we find out what Tempus experienced with much teasing with Celeste leaving off hints of what she learned when she read Eva's mind.

Oh, yeah. Short Hair looks great on her and is practical but currently her hair is still long so I hope it's addressed at some point.

Speaking of Celeste...

I want her to talk to Eva and let slip why she decided to keep Eva's secret even though there's no benefit in it for her. Celeste is the most like Emma out of the three so what's the deal here?
    Last edited by Sardorim; 05-23-2014 at 11:44 PM.

BANNED

I had a question pop up in my mind over on the X-23 discussion thread:

What exactly is the difference between Tempus's power and Kiden Nixon's, as both manipulate time. The effect of Kiden's power that's shown in NYX seems to be similar to how Quicksilver's super-speed was represented in Days of Future Past, however Kiden is explicitly shifting between time streams, rather than being a true speedster. There was also that arc of X-Force where Future!Kiden was being used for some sort of time disruption/travel shenanigans, so it seems her power is much more significant than just giving her the effects of super speed.

How does this compare to Eva's power?

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    *Spoilers* Just saw the new X-Men film, and at the end of the film in the Xavier school hallway there is a young student walking around with short dark hair and flashy white bangs. Probably very minor, but I feel this could've been a nod to Tempus! *Spoilers*
    Full disclosure, no one involved with the film actually read any source material, lest not anything written in the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    She had her moment as did Triage. I'm thinking them two might be the standouts at the NXS.
    She's the ONLY standout. OOOOhhh, dizzy. I like the dim 40 watt softlight, I have to admit. So sue me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I had a question pop up in my mind over on the X-23 discussion thread:

What exactly is the difference between Tempus's power and Kiden Nixon's, as both manipulate time. The effect of Kiden's power that's shown in NYX seems to be similar to how Quicksilver's super-speed was represented in Days of Future Past, however Kiden is explicitly shifting between time streams, rather than being a true speedster. There was also that arc of X-Force where Future!Kiden was being used for some sort of time disruption/travel shenanigans, so it seems her power is much more significant than just giving her the effects of super speed.

How does this compare to Eva's power?
    Well, Eva isn't a Speedster. She doesn't alter her speed or make herself appear faster. So far she makes these bubbles which slow down time for those in it who aren't prepared for her Bubbles. She's completely unaffected by the slowing effect of her bubbles.

Though as of late she seems to be able to displace herself and others throw time. Such as when she was accidentally sent through time or when she displaced everyone to protect them from the Sentinel Attack.

Seems like her time powers have more in common with Rachel's than Kiden's.

I think Tempus is quite cool. She's the most interesting of the new Mutant characters (the others don't really interest me to be honest). I think out of the characters, she has the potential to be a lasting X-Men character.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

This is great! I didn't even know there was a Tempus appreciation thread. I'm excited to catch up on these posts and learn more about my favorite 'New Mutant'
    Tempus is a character built to last - immediately charismatic, incredible power-set and such a resonant presence. How she reacts to the changes in her life, the bravery, awe, fear and humor - draws us into the heart of the chaos that is UXM to a grounded place...where time may not stand still but slows to a human pace that becomes more and more essential as Tempus emerges from within. Eva's dynamic weight adds gravity to good characters like Triage and Benjamin even better and she's right there with Magik for the character I look forward following most with every issue of UXM.

eva5.jpg
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

BANNED

Well, Eva isn't a Speedster. She doesn't alter her speed or make herself appear faster. So far she makes these bubbles which slow down time for those in it who aren't prepared for her Bubbles. She's completely unaffected by the slowing effect of her bubbles.

Though as of late she seems to be able to displace herself and others throw time. Such as when she was accidentally sent through time or when she displaced everyone to protect them from the Sentinel Attack.

Seems like her time powers have more in common with Rachel's than Kiden's.
    Kiden isn't a speedster, either. She steps outside of time, which gives the impression of super-speed but she's explicitly manipulating time (this is confirmed in X-Force, where a villain is using her for some sort of time travel scheme).

Anyway if I'm understanding you, the basic difference is that Tempus affects other people with her time-bubbles while she is immune to them, whereas Kiden is affecting herself by entering a different time stream altogether.