Valkyrie
    Nighthawk
    Luke Cage
    Iron Fist
    Hellcat
    Moondragon
    Son of Satan
    Devil-Slayer

I could swap the last two for Clea and Red Guardian (Tania Belinsky).

No Hulk, no Namor, no Surfer.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

With some veteran heroes and some younger ones

Wiccan
    Valkyrie
    Nighthawk
    Gargoyle
    Enchantress II (Sylvie Lushton)
    Hellcat
    Black Knight
    Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon)
    Hawkeye

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Like the idea of Vets and Newbies.

Doctor Strange
    Ant Man (Scott Lang)
    Captain Britain
    Valkyrie
    She-Hulk
    Stature (Cassie Lang)
    Ms Marvel (Kamala Kahn)
    Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes)
    Lockheed

Four dudes, four girls and a Space Dragon. Good times.

Fantastic Member

^ Does Lockheed really travel without Kitty Pryde? I do like the diversity. Magic, shape shifting abilities, hellfire, strength, and interdimensional connections, along with experience going from neophyte to expert. Plus, it is hard to go wrong with a dragon.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strangefan View Post
    ^ Does Lockheed really travel without Kitty Pryde? I do like the diversity. Magic, shape shifting abilities, hellfire, strength, and interdimensional connections, along with experience going from neophyte to expert. Plus, it is hard to go wrong with a dragon.
    Yeah he's been on the Pet Avengers and a member of SWORD without her. I figure it's interesting to see Lockheed on a non-X-Men team anyway. He's the team's space link too I guess.

And I like this mix because it's definitely not a would be Avengers or X-men team, I've got a nice mix of Vets and New Heroes. Plus it would be awesome to see Cassie and her dad work in a team together. And a Kamala/Robbie pairing, maybe?

EDIT: Also with Brian on the team there would be an issue where Faizia Hussain guess stars for the 'seriously why hasn't this happened yet' Faizia/Kamala team up.

Dr. strange
    Nighthawk
    Valkyrie
    Luke cage
    Iron fist
    Jessica Jones
    Daredevil
    Black knight
    Jack of Hearts

Black Panther, Cloak & Dagger, Storm, Blade, She-Hulk.

Defenders:
    Dr. Strange
    Silver Surfer
    Red Hulk
    Daredevil
    Bishop

Young Defenders:
    Power Man
    White Tiger
    Thunderstrike
    Amadeus Cho
    Spider-Girl

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Defenders:
    Dr Voodoo
    Nova
    Hulk
    Iron Fist
    Black Cat
    Rocket Raccoon
    Gamora
    Howard the Duck
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

I'm a traditionalist. The classic four, plus Hellcat, Nighthawk, and Valkyrie.

Amazing Member

As something a little more like avengers meet x-force meets the supernatural side of things. They will defend you...whether you want them to or not.

Strange, still with some of his weird dark magics. A tie to the old team.
    Magik, team's bus and a sorta ally of strange.
    Dazzler, popular front man for the team. A good excuse to go places they shouldn't, and still with some SHIELD knowledge.
    Luke Cage, posing as Ms. Blair's bodyguard. Hiding his involvement from the wife.
    Iron Fist, because Luke Cage, that's why. His fortune certainly doesn't hurt things. I believe another defenders alum.
    Warpath, using some of his old spy training from Pete Wisdom, happy to be not killing things again. Has a lil mystic knowledge.
    Blade, there to keep tabs for Wisdom and for the inevitable MI13 cameo.
    White Tiger, animal totem, younger, scrapper. I think it could work.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmythology View Post
    As something a little more like avengers meet x-force meets the supernatural side of things. They will defend you...whether you want them to or not.
    Like this concept, pretty solid line up.

Valkyrie
    Black Panther
    Falcon
    Iron Fist
    Namor
    Black Knight
    Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
    She-Hulk
    War Machine

Fantastic Member

Strange
    Red hulk (assuming he survives gamma war)
    Silver surfer
    Luke cage
    Iron fist
    Valkyrie
    Daredevil
    Hellcat

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

The Defenders:

1. Nighthawk (Kyle Richmond. He may no longer be a precog, but that hasn't stopped his recurring apocalyptic visions. He forms the new Defenders to guard against the coming holocaust.)

2. Blue Marvel (Adam Brashear. Really nice guy, but don't test him. All eyes for Ashake.)

3. Ashake (Immortal ancestor to Storm and the mold from which Ororo Munroe's beauty was cast; former Sorcerer Supreme; the right hand of Omnipotent Oshtur; All eyes for Brashear.)

4. Talisman (Elizabeth Twoyoungmen. Ashake's apprentice...because someone needs to teach her that magic exists all around us, and it can even be found within us.)

5. Lady Argent (of Clan Destine. Quite literally a living arsenal. Part human, part Djinn. But don't go rubbing this genie's bottle, or you'll find yourself wishing for a quick death!)

6. Colonel America (Trenchant Craft. Psionic Super Soldier. A good man in a storm. A bad moon rising.)

7. Aarkus, the Golden Age Vision (Every group should have one character that is a Swiss Knife of super powers. He does a lot of everything well. Where there's smoke, there's....)

8. Polaris (Lorna Dane, the one true daughter of Magneto; she comes to the Defenders wanting to help a family in need, but turns out finally finding a family of her own in the team.)

9. Kid Gladiator (A teenage Kubark, who still hasn't learned humility, or how to be a responsible young man as his father had intended. Kubark crashes Richmond's Defender recruiting soirée and tries to bully his way onto the team. Big Mistake. Kubark regains consciousness in the infirmary at Kadesh, completely unaware of how he arrived there. Reasoning that someone on the team is his superior (in fact, several of the team members are in their own way) and the person that his father had intended for him to learn from, Kubark re-approaches Richmond and is granted provisional membership to the Defenders. Kubark will find out later that the person who knocked him out wasn't just his superior, but his father's father.)

BANNED

I'm not sure how well it fits as a Defenders team but this is a general team line up I'd love to see.

FEMALE THOR - if where talking current time frame wise, if not then THOR himself with the hammer goes here)
    ARES GOD OF WAR
    ALEXANDER / PHOBOS GOD OF FEAR - part time member
    ZARDA THE POWER PRINCES - supreme power version with her ultimate personality intact i think her and ares would be a awesome pair
    SHADOW WOMAN / SEPULCHRE
    AARKUS THE GOLDEN AGE VISION
    TANIS NIEVES / SCORN
    DOMINO
    SPIRAL - in her unxanny x-force outfit

Other characters I'd be open to being on the team include if they where around and or had powers RED SHE HULK, MYSTIQUE, MATTIE FRANKLIN SPIDER WOMAN, SCREAM (the symbiote), REMUS (yes yes evolution was terrible but I like re-evolution and she is a sexy redheaded samurai... sue me)

Written by Hickman or Aaron, maybe some Co wiring by Oeming on ares related stuff. Rick reminder would be cool too as long as he is in his uncanny x-force/all new captain America mode and not his axis mode.
    I want some serious high si fi high epic mythos oriented stories

Art by Ribic, Opena, Marco Chettchco and Frank Cho for Zarda Centric Arcs. Clayton Crain also
    Last edited by evangelionofasgard; 01-24-2015 at 11:58 PM.