View Poll Results: Which are you looking forward to more?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Silk

14 22.22%
  • Spider-Gwen

49 77.78%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Which series are you looking forward to more: Silk or Spider-Gwen?

As practically everyone knows there are two new spider related series beginning. First off we have Silk who has the same powers as Spider-Man but has spent most of her life hidden away in a bunker. Second we have Spider-Gwen who is an alternate version of Gwen Stacy who was bitten by the radioactive spider rather than Peter Parker. Out of these two series which one are you personally looking forward to most?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

I don't understand this spider Gwen hysteria. She is ok. But to me she has barely been developed while Silk is refreshing and new and has a great back story to play with. I will try out both. I also don't understand why they are a competition

BANNED

No complletition. I do look forward to Gwen's book, though, because I dig the creative team and the tone they seem to be going for.

Just means I'd read a Spider-Gwen trade first, then Silk's.

Spider-Gwen

Mighty Member

Spider-Woman by Hopeless.

Both equally

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    I don't understand this spider Gwen hysteria. She is ok. But to me she has barely been developed while Silk is refreshing and new and has a great back story to play with.
    Isn't Silk's back story just a retcon of Peter Parker's "classic" origin, followed by years living alone in a bunker??? Spider-Gwen at least has a unique world of her own to inhabit, with cool supporting characters.

All-New Member

Spider-Woman.

Silk and Gwen don't interest me at all.

Silk. I enjoyed reading about her in Amazing Spider-Man vol 1. I think she has potential as a character and so I think it's worthwhile to start following her now.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Isn't Silk's back story just a retcon of Peter Parker's "classic" origin, followed by years living alone in a bunker??? Spider-Gwen at least has a unique world of her own to inhabit, with cool supporting characters.
    Yep, Silk isn't really that refreshing. We've already been introduced to characters like Miles Morales and the various Spider-Women too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    She has a lot of catching up to do, having been away so long. Has to find her family and rebuild her life. Not to mention find her place in a city overrun with heroes.

There's always something to work with.

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    I don't understand this spider Gwen hysteria. She is ok. But to me she has barely been developed while Silk is refreshing and new and has a great back story to play with. I will try out both. I also don't understand why they are a competition

Are you joking? Silk has the same origin as Peter Parker. I don't mean similar--it was the same spider. It is the laziest creation since Lady Octopus.
    She was only created so that when Slott leaves the books, he would have a legacy that might get some royalties if she appears in a movie.

You are correct, though; there is no competition with Spider-Gwen.
    "we're all some kind of noise. be the good kind"
    . Ms. Marvel . Saga . ASM .

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'll be getting both but Spider-Gwen intrigues more than SIlk. Mainly because Dan tried too hard to make Silk AWESOME SAUCE! When he first introduced her and that put me off a little bit. Hope both books are great though.

Quote Originally Posted by saucemaster View Post
    Are you joking? Silk has the same origin as Peter Parker. I don't mean similar--it was the same spider. It is the laziest creation since Lady Octopus.
    She was only created so that when Slott leaves the books, he would have a legacy that might get some royalties if she appears in a movie.

You are correct, though; there is no competition with Spider-Gwen.
    Personally I think Silk has the most different origin from Peter. Yes they were bitten by the same spider but then she veers being locked up and losing her life, it's an open book what they can do with her.

Spider Gwen is the same as Peter. She was bitten becomes a hero and has her Peter die. Same story with different twinges but the same

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

The main reason I'm not buying a book about Silk was how Silk acts in Spider-Verse.

Disobeying orders, causing Spiders to be killed. Calling Old Man Spider-Man a sexist. Most of all because of what she did in Spider-Verse.