View Poll Results: Which are you looking forward to more?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Silk

14 22.22%
  • Spider-Gwen

49 77.78%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Easy, Spider-Gwen.

I'm equally excited for both. I was pretty iffy on Silk, but after seeing the art in the Silk#1 preview, I got way more excited for the title. I'm definitely interested to see what direction both issues go in.
    "Once you're an avenger, it never fails. Sooner or later, the time comes when it's your turn to step up to the plate. Just make sure you're ready"

All-New Member ihatecryingrobots's Avatar

Spider-Gwen
    Emma Stone made me care about Gwen for the first time since that whole Norman Osborne relationship thing with the kids. Which is awful and I can't even blame JMS for that one as at least he wanted the kids to have been Peter's originally (not sure it would have been better; just different). But I digress, Emma Stone is awesome even if those movies haven't been. Add my new interest into a Gwen who is not only a Spider-Man but is in a band!? Sounds great!

Silk
    I understand that Silk hasn't had much to shine and Part 4&5 of Spider-Verse are sitting on my desk at home waiting to be read. From what I've seen she has been just okay. That even seems generous considering she has only been there to have sex with Peter (which seems like a step back for female characters) so far with as of yet vague (but like really important?) connections to what is going on in Spider-Verse. That said I'm still kind of looking forward to seeing how she develops on her own away from Parker and should her book prove outstanding or I find myself with extra cash I may get it. Otherwise, Spider-Gwen grabs my attention where Silk is only barely piquing my curiosity.

So far Gwen seems to winning this poll by some distance
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    So far Gwen seems to winning this poll by some distance
    Internet message board polls are ultimately meaningless. Spider-Gwen reminds me a lot of Mayday's Spider-Girl series from years back. There's a lot of excitement online, and some strong initial sales, before it falls into its niche. There's nothing wrong with this, of course. But let's be realistic that an AU title can be a hard sell in today's market where everything has to "matter."

I certainly wish Spider-Gwen all the best. (And I certainly wouldn't mind if it lasted as long as Mayday's Spider-Girl series did.)

I'm going to at least try the first issue of Silk, but I'm definitely more excited for Spider-Gwen. Been waiting for it for some time now.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    But let's be realistic that an AU title can be a hard sell in today's market where everything has to "matter."
    Edge of Spider-Verse #2, which debuted Spider-Gwen will be going into its 4th printing...anyone think Spider-Gwen #1 will get sales around 80,000 or more?

I wish Silk well too of course, but I think Gwen has the bigger buzz by far.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

I would only be interested in Silk if she swelled up like a blueberry and exploded.
    THAT'S THE ONLY CASE THAT I WILL BE INTERESTED IN SILK!

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    Edge of Spider-Verse #2, which debuted Spider-Gwen will be going into its 4th printing...anyone think Spider-Gwen #1 will get sales around 80,000 or more?

I wish Silk well too of course, but I think Gwen has the bigger buzz by far.
    I don't think this is a competition (even though the question could be interpreted as such by some parties). Like I said, I expect high sales initially before it falls into its niche. (I am not rooting against Spider-Gwen.)

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I don't think this is a competition (even though the question could be interpreted as such by some parties).
    It was a by-the-way question directed to those who are looking forward to Spider-Gwen. And those who are interested can respond to it. Simple as that.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    It was a by-the-way question directed to those who are looking forward to Spider-Gwen. And those who are interested can respond to it. Simple as that.
    I just want to point out that I am more interested in Spider-Gwen than Silk. But I acknowledge that S-G has some things that could limit its appeal. Being an AU is a difficult thing in today's market, where the books have to "matter" to the larger narrative. This isn't a thing for Silk.

Surprising to see Silk reorders ahead of Gwen. Could be because initial orders were low, or that folks (outside of comic forums and tumblr) are more interested in Silk. I'll be getting both, tho Silk is probably my fave new character in some time, along with the new Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Surprising to see Silk reorders ahead of Gwen. Could be because initial orders were low, or that folks (outside of comic forums and tumblr) are more interested in Silk. I'll be getting both, tho Silk is probably my fave new character in some time, along with the new Thor.
    It's worth noting that Silk has appeared in comics that sold really well. She's essentially Spidey's sidekick at a time of tremendous sales, thanks to the relaunch and Spider-Verse.

She also had a big role in Spider-Woman, which debuted pretty high on the sales charts.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

It's also worth noting that Spider-Gwen was way above Silk on LAST week's re-order list, so I'd wager it still comes out on top, overall.

Also, nuts to the people who thought consumers wouldn't buy those million Star Wars books. Issue #1 is going back for a THIRD PRINTING.