View Poll Results: Which are you looking forward to more?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Silk

14 22.22%
  • Spider-Gwen

49 77.78%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    It's also worth noting that Spider-Gwen was way above Silk on LAST week's re-order list, so I'd wager it still comes out on top, overall.

Also, nuts to the people who thought consumers wouldn't buy those million Star Wars books. Issue #1 is going back for a THIRD PRINTING.
    You do realize that this will cause half the marvel line to just be Star Wars books, right?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    You do realize that this will cause half the marvel line to just be Star Wars books, right?
    You say that like I'm the one buying them all.

They claim they're keeping it tight, with just a few titles. After the recent Deadpool bust and renaissance, I'd like to think they realiaze certain concepts have limits and are only hurt when exploited too much.

You say that like I'm the one buying them all.

They claim they're keeping it tight, with just a few titles. After the recent Deadpool bust and renaissance, I'd like to think they realiaze certain concepts have limits and are only hurt when exploited too much.
    I don't know, selling 1 million Star Wars #1 signals a boom of Star Wars stuff. I mean, Amazing Spider-Man got 700,000 and now we got 2099, Silk, Spider-Gwen and Spider-Woman. Don't be shocked if we get a lot more Star Wars books.

I don't know, selling 1 million Star Wars #1 signals a boom of Star Wars stuff. I mean, Amazing Spider-Man got 700,000 and now we got 2099, Silk, Spider-Gwen and Spider-Woman. Don't be shocked if we get a lot more Star Wars books.
    Considering how many Star Wars comics Dark Horse has published over the years, this would not be all that surprising.

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

I don't think it will dilute the Marvel line, forcing them to publish less non-Star Wars books. What I imagine is that all the people who were buying Dark Horse Star Wars for many, many years will now be buying Star Wars from Marvel, instead. It won't be that someone drops Daredevil or All-Different Wolverine and the New X-Men to get Star Wars. Similar number of titles published, and same number of customers--they will just purchase from new publishers. The average 8 year old reader probably won't even notice.
    "we're all some kind of noise. be the good kind"
    . Ms. Marvel . Saga . ASM .

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Both are priority either way but Gwen a bit more. Just the bit that's already come down the pipe was avant-garde and I tend to get cheery when that happens.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Isn't Silk's back story just a retcon of Peter Parker's "classic" origin, followed by years living alone in a bunker??? Spider-Gwen at least has a unique world of her own to inhabit, with cool supporting characters.
    Well, we'll have to see how long THAT may last after Secret Wars later this year.

It's also worth noting that Spider-Gwen was way above Silk on LAST week's re-order list, so I'd wager it still comes out on top, overall.

Also, nuts to the people who thought consumers wouldn't buy those million Star Wars books. Issue #1 is going back for a THIRD PRINTING.
    But the question is, how many of those copies were bought by people who really wanted to have those copies, and how many were bought by people who are hoping to make a $-killing by trying to resell them in a year or two?

(Does anybody remember comic book sales in the 90s?)
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 01-30-2015 at 07:38 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by saucemaster View Post
    I don't think it will dilute the Marvel line, forcing them to publish less non-Star Wars books. What I imagine is that all the people who were buying Dark Horse Star Wars for many, many years will now be buying Star Wars from Marvel, instead. It won't be that someone drops Daredevil or All-Different Wolverine and the New X-Men to get Star Wars. Similar number of titles published, and same number of customers--they will just purchase from new publishers. The average 8 year old reader probably won't even notice.
    Thinning talent would be the problem. There are only so many good writers.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But the question is, how many of those copies were bought by people who really wanted to have those copies, and how many were bought by people who are hoping to make a $-killing by trying to resell them in a year or two?

(Does anybody remember comic book sales in the 90s?)
    You have to be pretty dim to think a THIRD PRINTING would be worth anything.

Maybe it depends on if it's a new variant cover.

007 girl.

Depends on the book. Batman #1 New 52's 3rd print isn't cheap.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Neither really but if I felt like checking one out it'd be Spider-Gwen.

this actually worried me a bit too. If the Star Wars books remain so successful they might start cutting others to focus more on Star Wars. This is coming from a huge Star Wars fan. The movies at least. I'm avoiding the comics

Spider-Gwen number 1 apparrently sold over 200.000 copies to retailers. Marvel really is getting high sales from all their number 1's these last months.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
    Spider-Gwen number 1 apparrently sold over 200.000 copies to retailers. Marvel really is getting high sales from all their number 1's these last months.
    I so far have bought it four times (all variants) and will get the normal cover when it comes out.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    I so far have bought it four times (all variants) and will get the normal cover when it comes out.
    I don't think my LSC even ordered a copy. May have to check this week. He normally only has loads of indie comics stocked in a box.