View Poll Results: Should they hire She Hulk as their defense attorney?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, she's perfect.

11 40.74%
  • No, thx. Matt Murdock is best at evading responsibility.

16 59.26%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    I hope so...I actually like Firestar.
    Funniest thing is, even if Firestar did end up turning a blind eye to it, she still wouldn't be anywhere near the gold standard of hopeless beards set out by Storm, lol.

Oooooh. Another thing to add to Cyclops' list of offenses: ruining Ororo Monroe's love life. Oh, what the hell, let's blame him for Kymera, too. Most boring time-displaced progeny ever, amiright?
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 01-25-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Oooooh. Another thing to add to Cyclops' list of offenses: ruining Ororo Monroe's love life. Oh, what the hell, let's blame him for Kymera, too. Most boring time-displaced progeny ever, amiright?
    I can't think of a more boring one...did they ever say who her dad was?

As if Ororo's love life has ever been anything but a mess...and she hooked up with Wolverine and pretty much only inherited the school because she was banging him...it's kind of hard to respect that...I'm actually surprised more Storm fans aren't upset over how all that played out...guess ends justify the means.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    What plan? Cyclops admitted he was making things up on the go. There was no plan, the Phoenix Force saved mutant kind. It's the one who sent Hope. He definitely didn't do 70% of it, everyone else contributed just as much if not more. Utopia would not have been possible without Namor, Iceman, Storm, Magneto, Surge. Warrens & Frost money. Frost involvement with the Cabal and telepathic aid in Messiah Complex. Cable protecting Hope. Cypher was the one who stopped the Sentinels in Second Coming. Heck X-Force did all the dirty work, and that was lead by Wolverine. Nightcrawler died for Hope. Mayor Sadie was also very helpful.

lol mutantkind is going EXTINCT and he wants the Dish Network so that he can watch baseball!? I hope this guy rots in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    lol mutantkind is going EXTINCT and he wants the Dish Network so that he can watch baseball!? I hope this guy rots in jail.
    I think your reading a little too much in what is being said. If all he had asked for was a Satellite and nothing else. Let him rot in jail. He did ask for essential supplies like water and medical supplies. I would do the exact same thing. The absolute hotror of the guy for thinking of himself. After all the years he spent helping mutants.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    I think your reading a little too much in what is being said. If all he had asked for was a Satellite and nothing else. Let him rot in jail. He did ask for essential supplies like water and medical supplies. I would do the exact same thing. The absolute hotror of the guy for thinking of himself. After all the years he spent helping mutants.
    He asked for sattelite TV to watch baseball. I'm not reading in anything. Mutanktkind was verging on extinction, his son on a grueling chase through time, and Cyclops wants to kick back with a beer (that he's having shipped in daily) and unwind with some baseball.

Lawl. Cyclops "watching" baseball is like Storm using contractions. Utter insincerity at its finest. Clearly, he's only doing it to appease the lemmings/come off as more approachable.

Honestly, this thread should've evolved into a StormClops shipping thread several pages back. Terrible, terrible form.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 01-25-2015 at 01:45 PM.

The idea that bringing the O5 to the present is some horrible thing when stacked up against all the other time travel silliness the X-men have been involved with is hard to take seriously.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Astonishing Member

He asked for sattelite TV to watch baseball. I'm not reading in anything. Mutanktkind was verging on extinction, his son on a grueling chase through time, and Cyclops wants to kick back with a beer (that he's having shipped in daily) and unwind with some baseball.
    You must really hate the character if you want to hang him for a throwaway line that was clearly meant for humor...but I'll bet tracking down a beer was one of Wolverine's first priorities at the time too...should he be locked up too? How dare they not spend every possible moment pacing ruts in the floor worrying about where the next attack will come from!!! Lock em all up immediately!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by All-New Valar Stercus NOW.1 View Post
    The idea that bringing the O5 to the present is some horrible thing when stacked up against all the other time travel silliness the X-men have been involved with is hard to take seriously.
    The difference being most of the other time travel shenanigans at least had some legit purpose beyond trolling Cyclops.

BANNED

You must really hate the character if you want to hang him for a throwaway line that was clearly meant for humor...but I'll bet tracking down a beer was one of Wolverine's first priorities at the time too...should he be locked up too? How dare they not spend every possible moment pacing ruts in the floor worrying about where the next attack will come from!!! Lock em all up immediately!
    This is the same issue where Cyclops imprisoned Xavier on Utopia. In context, his concern for his own liberties seems more than a little insidious.

Astonishing Member

This is the same issue where Cyclops imprisoned Xavier on Utopia. In context, his concern for his own liberties seems more than a little insidious.
    It's a throwaway line and he's probably not even being serious...but, be honest, you would find his taking a bathroom break as insidious...Cyclops is evil incarnate to you.

Incidentally, I guess Xavier needs to go on trial for all the shady things he's done over the years when he inevitably comes back to life, huh? There are NO long standing X-Men that haven't done something trial worthy at some point over the years.

BANNED

It's a throwaway line and he's probably not even being serious...but, be honest, you would find his taking a bathroom break as insidious...Cyclops is evil incarnate to you.

Incidentally, I guess Xavier needs to go on trial for all the shady things he's done over the years when he inevitably comes back to life, huh? There are NO long standing X-Men that haven't done something trial worthy at some point over the years.
    It doesn't read like a joke. Cyclops isn't a joker.

It's a throwaway line and he's probably not even being serious...
    Ask for scans of Cyclops actually watching a Mets game. Or scans of characters whining about Cyclops slacking off because he's watching a game.

Better yet, bring up x-Men vol. 2 #11.1. Emma Frost herself goes on the record about how Cyclops should be able to enjoy the perks of leadership... like her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Ask for scans of Cyclops actually watching a Mets game. Or scans of characters whining about Cyclops slacking off because he's watching a game.

Better yet, bring up x-Men vol. 2 #11.1. Emma Frost herself goes on the record about how Cyclops should be able to enjoy the perks of leadership... like her.
    Plenty of people were dissatisfied with his leadership: Schism.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Plenty of people were dissatisfied with his leadership: Schism.
    Really? Schism? Thats really what you want to go with? People were dissatisfied with him allowing kids fight to save their lives not his occasional baseball habit. Also lets be clear Cyclops making lame jokes is entirely in character and far more likely than a baseball related abuse of power

As to the original question, should Cyclops be put on trial next to Beast? No, Beasts crimes are his own. Cyclops should be put on trial for the things he actually did not those of his stalkers, however he should only go on trial after or alongside every other Super hero from Marvel who's done quasi-legal to full on illegal acts. Which for those keeping score would be just abut everyone in the MU
    Last edited by Kisinith; 01-25-2015 at 03:43 PM.