Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default COMIC REEL: Michael Shannon Rumored for "Batman v Superman"; Sony Teases "Sinister Six"

An appearance by Shannon in "Dawn of Justice" could spell doom for Superman; "Sinister Six" promo artwork surfaces from Son PIctures Brazil and more.

Full article here.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I hope they have an enthusiastic woman to play Mantis. She was one of my favorite characters during that 2008 GoTG run.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Extraordinary Member

Yes please! Shannon was one of the great things about MOS!

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Yes please! Shannon was one of the great things about MOS!
    But, as Zod again, even after MOSs' ending, or someone else, or perhaps, a flashback?

Whoever it is in AOU, hope they add to the film, and are interesting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    But, as Zod again, even after MOSs' ending, or someone else, or perhaps, a flashback?

I wish Zod was still alive.
    And yeah, Mantis would be cool.

I wish Zod was still alive.
    And yeah, Mantis would be cool.
    I would bring up 'But how would Superman have stopped him then?', but, far too much debate then.

Me too, wish he'd ended up where I believe the other Kandorians/Kryptonians did: the Phantom Zone, where people like the General, Superman etc, sent them.

Would've avoided the controversy, debate, and losing an awesome villain, at least for now. More than enough besides him, though, such as Jesse Eisenbergs' Lex Luthor and Dwayne Johnsons' Black Adam.

Mantis or not - someone I don't know, honestly - still hope they fit, are effective and played well.

Extraordinary Member

But Shannon returning would be awesome. If he doesn't, he should play Black Bolt.

But Shannon returning would be awesome. If he doesn't, he should play Black Bolt.
    Any reason you suggest BB?

Extraordinary Member

Any reason you suggest BB?
    Shannon has that look. That incredibly frightening look, not many can pull off. He could be a "threat", with no dialogue. I think he's so underrated. Watch Take Shelter.

No thanks to Zod as Doomsday. No to Doomsday period. I want more villains besides what we've seen at length already in Smallville.

Another possibility might be Moondragon, who was both an Avenger and a Guardian, plus was a member of the Infinity Watch (sort of with Thanos). Her connections to the Guardians are much deeper, too, as she's Drax's daughter in the comics. That said, I have no idea on the Klaw front—he's honestly one of those villains I'm aware of, but may honestly never have read anything featuring him in any real capacity (probably because I never got into classic Avengers, staying more on the Spidey and cosmic sides of the Marvel universe).

Mantis could be cool, but she's one of those characters that's easy to do wrong. And it saddens me that we wouldn't be able to see her interact with the Silver Surfer.

Incredible Member

My theory is that Superman will be battling his conscience over what he did to Zod, vowing never to kill again, and at some point faced with a situation in which he is put in that situation again but figures out how to end it without killing. And maybe Shannon plays Zod taunting him in visions from his conscience, like "I made you a killer, Kal! That's what you are!" Something like that.

I could see him being in a flashback, some kind of scene where he's mentally tormenting Kal (it's hard to describe, but you know those scenes where a character is doing battle with themselves, but the person "attacking" them is usually someone else? So, if Kal is dealing with the fallout of killing Zod, the latter will tell destroy his morale) , or as a corpse in some medical research lab. (Though how they'll operate on him is beyond me.)

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

BANNED

I hope we will see the Sinister Six.

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel Armor Hunter View Post
    I hope we will see the Sinister Six.
    I hope so too. Could be a Spider-Man event film, with 6, 7, fighting him. Like, Vulture, Rhino, Electro, Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, Black Cat, and have the Oscorp mystery come to a head, along with the various agendas.

First time, for two, and second time out, for others.

And, to Charmed, Kensei, etc, good suggestions for how Zod could return, without having his death be annulled.

One correction to the ol' Comic Reel - there is actually new footage in that CW DC video, of Martin Stein, from The Flash, and the new Black Canary, from Arrow, possibly Ray Palmer bit too. Mostly old, but some new, while the BC bit already aired this week.