Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amazing Member

Default Idea about Spiderverse ongoing

Instead of several comics starring some of the alternate Spiders, I think it would be a good idea if Marvel could be doing a Spiderverse ongoing comic with each month (or two) with some different character from the Spiderverse. for example:
    1. Spider-UK
    2. Spider-Ham
    3. Spider-Girl (it is written that she died, but I saw her in ASM 13 alive with the others)
    4. Lady Spider
    5. The Spider-Man (Aaron Aikman - if he survived)
    etc

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan84 View Post
    Instead of several comics starring some of the alternate Spiders, I think it would be a good idea if Marvel could be doing a Spiderverse ongoing comic with each month (or two) with some different character from the Spiderverse. for example:
    1. Spider-UK
    2. Spider-Ham
    3. Spider-Girl (it is written that she died, but I saw her in ASM 13 alive with the others)
    4. Lady Spider
    5. The Spider-Man (Aaron Aikman - if he survived)
    etc
    Who wrote that, and where? Beyond that, it sounds like an excellent idea; it could be called "Web of Spider-Verse" after the Web of Spider-Man series and spotlight various A/U Spider-Men and Women and Girls. And yeah, I'd love to see a follow-up to Aaron Aikman's story, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The idea you present here is not bad at all. It sounds like something that could work, but with all of the spiders being killed off in the main story right now, who knows how many we'll even have left.

Amazing Member

Actually, it is just my idea. There is a lot of potential. Hope there will be someone left at the end.
    Last edited by Nathan84; 01-24-2015 at 04:05 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Who wrote that, and where? Beyond that, it sounds like an excellent idea; it could be called "Web of Spider-Verse" after the Web of Spider-Man series and spotlight various A/U Spider-Men and Women and Girls. And yeah, I'd love to see a follow-up to Aaron Aikman's story, too.
    Betty Brent I meant. On Marvel wiki

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan84 View Post
    Betty Brent I meant. On Marvel wiki
    All right, then. Good idea to clarify, since there are multiple Spider-Girls in the Marvel Multiverse.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

That would be fantastic! It's just too bad that these types of ongoing books don't sell well. If they could make some type of connective tissue that interested people enough to stay invested it would be great. Maybe make the Weaver as the central character that somehow allows us to focus on these different spider characters but continue his story throughout them? Idk, I would buy it. I loved the Edge of Spider-Verse stories.

If it's too anthology it usually doesn't work but a book following two alternate spiders might

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    That would be fantastic! It's just too bad that these types of ongoing books don't sell well. If they could make some type of connective tissue that interested people enough to stay invested it would be great. Maybe make the Weaver as the central character that somehow allows us to focus on these different spider characters but continue his story throughout them? Idk, I would buy it. I loved the Edge of Spider-Verse stories.
    Agree, good idea. Yeah, Edge of Spiderverse rocked. All five of them

It could be Tales of the Spider Verse with master weaver introducing each issue. If not a print comic than at least an online like dc does

... Make it an anthology series, featuring the various characters that are featured in the Spider-Verse. Even for those who ended up dead, this can be the "Untold Tales of..."

My hopes are to include: Amazing Friends Spidey; 1967 Animated Spidey; 1970s Japanese live action Spidey.

Superior Spider-fan Agent Scarlet's Avatar

As long as there's an issue with Raimi-verse Peter and MJ getting eaten by Inheritors, I'm down.

BANNED

Maybe a team that sticks together after 'Verse to help out the worlds made Spidey-less by the Inheritors.