Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Idea about Spiderverse ongoing

Instead of several comics starring some of the alternate Spiders, I think it would be a good idea if Marvel could be doing a Spiderverse ongoing comic with each month (or two) with some different character from the Spiderverse. for example:
    1. Spider-UK
    2. Spider-Ham
    3. Spider-Girl (it is written that she died, but I saw her in ASM 13 alive with the others)
    4. Lady Spider
    5. The Spider-Man (Aaron Aikman - if he survived)
    etc

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan84 View Post
    Instead of several comics starring some of the alternate Spiders, I think it would be a good idea if Marvel could be doing a Spiderverse ongoing comic with each month (or two) with some different character from the Spiderverse. for example:
    1. Spider-UK
    2. Spider-Ham
    3. Spider-Girl (it is written that she died, but I saw her in ASM 13 alive with the others)
    4. Lady Spider
    5. The Spider-Man (Aaron Aikman - if he survived)
    etc
    Who wrote that, and where? Beyond that, it sounds like an excellent idea; it could be called "Web of Spider-Verse" after the Web of Spider-Man series and spotlight various A/U Spider-Men and Women and Girls. And yeah, I'd love to see a follow-up to Aaron Aikman's story, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The idea you present here is not bad at all. It sounds like something that could work, but with all of the spiders being killed off in the main story right now, who knows how many we'll even have left.

Amazing Member

Actually, it is just my idea. There is a lot of potential. Hope there will be someone left at the end.
    Last edited by Nathan84; 01-24-2015 at 04:05 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Who wrote that, and where? Beyond that, it sounds like an excellent idea; it could be called "Web of Spider-Verse" after the Web of Spider-Man series and spotlight various A/U Spider-Men and Women and Girls. And yeah, I'd love to see a follow-up to Aaron Aikman's story, too.
    Betty Brent I meant. On Marvel wiki

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan84 View Post
    Betty Brent I meant. On Marvel wiki
    All right, then. Good idea to clarify, since there are multiple Spider-Girls in the Marvel Multiverse.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

That would be fantastic! It's just too bad that these types of ongoing books don't sell well. If they could make some type of connective tissue that interested people enough to stay invested it would be great. Maybe make the Weaver as the central character that somehow allows us to focus on these different spider characters but continue his story throughout them? Idk, I would buy it. I loved the Edge of Spider-Verse stories.

If it's too anthology it usually doesn't work but a book following two alternate spiders might

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    That would be fantastic! It's just too bad that these types of ongoing books don't sell well. If they could make some type of connective tissue that interested people enough to stay invested it would be great. Maybe make the Weaver as the central character that somehow allows us to focus on these different spider characters but continue his story throughout them? Idk, I would buy it. I loved the Edge of Spider-Verse stories.
    Agree, good idea. Yeah, Edge of Spiderverse rocked. All five of them

It could be Tales of the Spider Verse with master weaver introducing each issue. If not a print comic than at least an online like dc does

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    It could be Tales of the Spider Verse with master weaver introducing each issue.....
    Sounds like an amazing idea, I'm game.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

What about they become Spider-Corps?

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

It's definitely an idea worth investigating. Maybe it could focus on a handful of Spiders traveling through the multiverse, kind of like Exiles. While the core characters would probably be ones from Spider-Verse, there's considerable potential for introducing Spiders from different universes, including evil ones. They could bring back the Spider, Spider Carnage and Man-Spider, as well as having others. For example, I had the idea of having a psychotic Peter Parker who gave people a paralyzing toxin and then drank their juices while they were still alive, like a real spider. They could also have the Venom version of The Other:

Another idea would be an evolved, intelligent version of the Doppelganger.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I would like to see a team of some of the coolest alternate Spideys (like Sp/dr, Noir, etc) as a team book ongoing. Either trapped in the main MU or like exiles hopping about. I'd enjoy a team book a lot and it would grant the opportunity to really delve into those characters rather than just more one-shot anthology stuff.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

How about a Spider-Totem that eats Inheritors