View Poll Results: Should Batman leave the Justice League ?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 38.37%
  • No

53 61.63%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Should Batman leave the Justice League ?

Someone else stated this.

On the Justice League you have;

A guy with knowledge on advanced alien science that can think at super speed
    A guy with a ring that taps into an ancient universal database of knowledge
    A forensic scientist who can think at super speed
    A living computer that can tap into almost every system on earth and process them at super speed
    A king with access to advanced ancient technology
    A princess that was raised to command an army of warriors
    As a Batman fan myself, I would not mind Batman leaving the Justice League. Let face it, Batman cannot contribute anything of value in the Justice League and he is cleary misuses. He is human after all. Not his fault. Grant Morrisson knew this from the start. He was looking at giving Batman aka Bruce Wayne a meaning outside of Gotham and the Justice League with Batman Inc. Batman Inc. is where Batman/Bruce Wayne cleary belongs, fits. Leave Gotham at the hands of Batman/Dick Grayson and him too does not need to get involved with the Justice League.

But no, DC thinks Batman should stick in a team composed of godlike creatures. Batman Inc. is clever, fresh and really plays on Bruce Wayne's inner strengths. It something grandiose and realistic for a guy without superpowers. It should be Bruce Wayne logical progression as a crime fighter. Because at the end of day Bruce Wayne is a crime fighter not a godlike being.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnightReturns; 01-25-2015 at 12:30 PM.

Well, I know I would be completely fine with Batman removed from the Justice League roster.
    But I have no faith that it will happen (or if it does, that it would be permanent), He's simply too popular.
    Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman, Justice League.

My favorite film trilogy.

Spectacular Member rhymeswithparc's Avatar

I guess his purpose on the team is to ground it by not being godlike. I also think he's a lot more logical than the other members of the team.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

The team is hardly full of godlike beings, that is such an exaggeration, the only two that are close to that are Supes and WW hence why they were not affected by the Amazo Virus. Batman fits fine imo, also he makes a good leader because the other members seem soft. Though I guess WW and AM wouldn't be bad leaders.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Fantastic Member

Batman in his own books has been pulling power armor that pretty much makes him on par with the other League members recently, he only doesn't seem to do that in the League books themselves.

But would sales of Justice League drop without Batman?

I honestly wouldn't mind but i doubt it shall happen.

He's a member of the Justice League because he's the best tactical mind on the planet and one of the best heroes in the DCU
    That's what it used to be about nowadays people think its a group of the most powerful beings in the DCU(which wouldn't include Flash,Superman, or WW)
    In any case if there's any doubt about why Batman's on the League he's been proving it a lot lately what with taking on Darkseid and beating the entire JL in endgame

I'm sure DC will remove its most popular character because he's the only one without powers since that's the rationale behind the argument for Batman not being needed on the league.

Who knows maybe Batman v Superman will finally kill this argument for good

Well no he shouldn't unless your ignoring his area, "Street level".
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    He's a member of the Justice League because he's the best tactical mind on the planet and one of the best heroes in the DCU
    That's what it used to be about nowadays people think its a group of the most powerful beings in the DCU(which wouldn't include Flash,Superman, or WW)
    In any case if there's any doubt about why Batman's on the League he's been proving it a lot lately what with taking on Darkseid and beating the entire JL in endgame

I'm sure DC will remove its most popular character because he's the only one without powers since that's the rationale behind the argument for Batman not being needed on the league.

Who knows maybe Batman v Superman will finally kill this argument for good
    In what was some of the laziest writing I have seen. He literally beat Barry by making him trip.

As for the question it won't happen because Bruce is too popular and is considered a character for the readers to relate to.
    Last edited by The World; 01-25-2015 at 01:39 PM.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

No. It's been done before, and I don't believe it made either the BATMAN or JUSTICE LEAGUE franchises better.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    No. It's been done before, and I don't believe it made either the BATMAN or JUSTICE LEAGUE franchises better.

It sure wouldn't help sales-wise, that's for sure.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It sure wouldn't help sales-wise, that's for sure.
    Removing Batman from the Justice League should not be a problem sales wise if DC reintroduce Batman Inc. as a regular series to compensate for the predicted lost of a Justice League title without Batman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

I honestly believe that a well written Batman Inc. book can outsell the current Justice League tittle sales.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    Removing Batman from the Justice League should not be a problem sales wise if DC reintroduce Batman Inc. as a regular series to compensate for the predicted lost of a Justice League title without Batman.
    I'm not sure sales would be transferred in total, though. There would be quite a few Batman fans who would be annoyed that the most popular superhero of them all was leaving the title featuring the world's greatest superheroes.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?