Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Default Guardian 3000 #4

It is time Guardians 3000 gets its own thread.

I just read issue three, and I really enjoyed it. The story moves at a great action pace and the art is bombastic and kinetic. I did not like the art, initially, but I really do, now. It fits. This title is probably my new favorite, at Marvel, and a must have for me.

I enjoyed the introduction of Nikki, I cannot wait to see Rael Rider join, and was happy to see her introduction as a Nova Centurion (( didn't know there were any of those left). And I hope Starhawk stays female, most of the time. Enjoyed the read.
    Last edited by 50yearoldNovafan; 01-25-2015 at 05:51 PM.

I like G3K too, it's one of the few current marvel series that I'm still interested. It's a cosmic book that doesn't insult my intelligence. I hope it sticks around for a long time, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Agreed, & I'm liking Rael Rider so far. Glad Abnett is still doing stuff for Marvel, specifically this book. And believe me, I look forward to the 616 Guardians showing up so they can get the treatment they deserve again.

I hope Lanning gets to do an ongoing for Marvel after Secret Wars. A Richard Rider book perhaps?

Amazing Member

I dislike the redesign on Nikki. Otherwise #4 was good fun. The writing seems to get better each issue, and the current story is fun. I'm really curious to see where Abnett is taking things.

Quote Originally Posted by Eivion View Post
    I dislike the redesign on Nikki. Otherwise #4 was good fun. The writing seems to get better each issue, and the current story is fun. I'm really curious to see where Abnett is taking things.
    I really enjoy this series so far, the art is great and the story advances at a good pace. But I have a bit of a weak memory and I can't really place Nikki... Where did she come from and how did she look like before this redesign? We saw some stuff of the guardians 3000 in the Guardians of the Galaxy series from 2008-2010, did she appear in that series? Even on the marvel wiki I can't really get answers.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I love the art, shark mouth and all. It's really dynamic.

This isn't the GotG I know and love (Star-Lord, Rocket, Groot et al.) but I'm really enjoying the ride and getting to know the team. Yondu particularly is growing on me, the moment he had with Geena where they discussed her weapon of choice was cool.

Not at all familiar with Nikki but she seems a real fan favourite so I'm interested to see what all the fuss is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    I really enjoy this series so far, the art is great and the story advances at a good pace. But I have a bit of a weak memory and I can't really place Nikki... Where did she come from and how did she look like before this redesign? We saw some stuff of the guardians 3000 in the Guardians of the Galaxy series from 2008-2010, did she appear in that series? Even on the marvel wiki I can't really get answers.
    Nikki had flaming hair. I believe her Physiology was for the planet Mercury, just like Charlie 27 was designed for Pluto. Her hair resembled Firelords. And personally, I enjoy her new look.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm not upset about Nikki's new look, I guess indifferent is an apt description. Charlie-27, Martinex and Vance are the same so that's a plus. Starhawk seems 'stuck' in the feminine form but that may just be due to this introductory story arc but I'm ok either way. If the 70's Peter Quill/Starlord sticks around after this arc that'll make for an interesting dynamic as Personally I do like that outfit/costume.

This is one of the quite gems in my pull list every month and I hope it sticks around through Secret Wars and not just cancelled because of the event for 'x' reason not related to sales of the title.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    http://www.comicvine.com/nikki/4005-13897/images/ plenty of images there.

In truth I don't actually hate the new look. I'm just annoyed she got redesigned when they felt the need to do this with no one else. She also is pretty much unrecognizable from her original look.

Issue 5 - We see more or Ryel Ryder. I think she looks much better with the helmet on.

Amazing Member

Haven't been able to go pick up #5 yet, how was it (without spoilers, thanks!) compared to previous issues? And speaking of Rael, I find it interesting that they chose to make her an older character (at least in comparison with most characters). Definitely looking forward to finding out more about her.

And there should be a G3K appreciation thread (or is that what the Cosmic appreciation thread is for?)! I don't comment a lot on the forums but I love the book and I think Abnett has been great so far. And since I feel like there should be more support for G3K I would start commenting more. :P

Issue 5 was awesome. Nikki was awesome, Rael was awesome. and I am super excited for the next issue. I really hope the quality of this book brings the sales up. Maybe new artist would help it out a little?

I loved issue #5. It's great. I've gotten used to Sandoval's art, but he makes teeth look weird.

This book needs a lot more love.

Can't say I like Nikki's new look. But I can't wait for the TPB of this book.

Peace

I did not like the art at first, but now, I do not want it to change. I would hate for it to look plain. And I have no problem with Nikki's new look. In the past,(depending on the artist) she may have looked like anyone, with flaming hair drawn on. I think now she looks a bit more distinct. I do believe we will see the flaming hair in issue #6, based on what happened in this issue. I think she will have a "flame on" mode, which we have not seen yet.

But, I am enjoying the bombastic nature of the title, that includes the art, the action, and the story. It continues to move. No one is sitting around talking for one entire issue. Actually, I don't think anyone has sat around talking for one entire page in any of the issues.