Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default 5 Marvel Series We Want to See Bendis Write Next

Now that Brian Bendis is closing up shop at the Jean Grey School, here are the five corners of the Marvel Universe we'd like to see him visit.

Full article here.

Luke Cage would seem a good fit. Not so sure about Doctor Strange, Bendis is very generic when it comes to magic. He can't really handle complex fantasy concepts. Same goes for Fantastic Four in regards to the sci-fi element, although I think he would be good for the family angle.

I really hope he doesn't go any deeper in Marvel Cosmic, like I said before, he doesn't handle complex sci-fi concepts very well. It's all very generic and cliché.

I'm sure he'll finally get to do Luke Cage now that the Netflix series is in the works. He mentioned before that Marvel wouldn't let him do his take on Heroes For Hire while he was writing X-Men. Maybe he'll get to reimagine the Defenders in that context, given the name of the show.

Luke Cage, Defenders or Alias volumen 2.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Now that Brian Bendis is closing up shop at the Jean Grey School, here are the five corners of the Marvel Universe we'd like to see him visit.

Full article here.
    Bendis on Adam frikin' Warlock?!
    "Space Jesus" himself?!!!
    Wow... HELLLZZ NO!!!!

I have to imagine Jim Starlin has SOME kind of universe busting pact with the old gods that would prevent this from ever happening.

I think Bendys is going to do some Star Wars stuff...maybe that new Kanan the last Paduwan series?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I'm guessing all of the above now, I forgot that a new Jessica Jones series was pretty much already setup in that 100th Anniversary issue. And there's no way he'd let someone else write her ongoing.

they should put him on the inhumans books since they are trying so hard to sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I would like any of these, and they'd make sense to get new series. Just please keep him away from cosmic, he does not get that stuff.

Defenders. He's actually good when writing street level stuff, so I think it would be a good move to give him a new Defenders series with a line-up inspired by the upcoming show.

Amazing Member

I would personally prefer to have him down writing a solo street level books, it certainly seems to be where he's had by far the most success - Alias, Ultimate Spider-man and Daredevil. A new Jessica Jones/Cage series seems like the obvious choice given their upcoming screen debut. I'd really not want to see him on Strange or more cosmic books, he just hasn't demonstrated the sense for the kind of cosmic grandeur and melodrama that you really need to have in abundance to make that stuff work.

Keep him street level. Stop giving him books where he has to deal with cosmic level stuff. He's not good at that sort of thing.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I say a Luke Cage/Jessica Jones series for Bendis, he clearly loves those too and writes them well. I'd also be down with a Spider-Men series with Peter and Miles, plus any other alternate Peters like Ultimate or RYV who happen to be running about after Secret Wars.

BANNED

Well they are already tossing the Fantastic Four away, I doubt he could do much damage when they relaunch. At least this way he won't be writing Wonder Woman.

Please, please no on the Fantastic Four. I'd rather them not be published than have Bendis write them. I liked Bendis on his street level books but not his team books. No one butchers characters personalities quite like Bendis. I sat through his Avengers but had to drop his GOTG after how bad it was. You can't go from Robinson on FF caring about the characters vast histories to Bendis who will pick one personality trait and turn them into one dimensional caricatures of themselves that set up quips for each other.

I Would like to see him on Luke or go back to Daredevil or some other street leveler that I enjoy his writing style on.
    Last edited by Cap10nate; 02-04-2015 at 03:45 PM.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Defenders!Give him Daredevil,Luke Cage,Jessica Jones and Ironfist.