Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amazing Member

Loved issue 5. Still not the biggest fan of Nikki's redesign, but her personality and interactions with Vance & Martinex were great.

Quote Originally Posted by Eivion View Post
    Loved issue 5. Still not the biggest fan of Nikki's redesign, but her personality and interactions with Vance & Martinex were great.
    That's how I felt too. I have to admit that I'm not feeling this series as much as everyone else seems to be. Just doesn't click on some level with me. It could be because the 90s Valentino series is still one of my all time favourites, but so far I had finished each issue of this series feeling slightly disappointed.

But this issue clicked with me. I really don't like Nikki's look, but I feel her personality was bang on. She and Charlie-27 were always my favourites, so I am really glad to see her done right.

I think the toning down of the futurespeak helped too. When ever it was used it pulled me right out of the comic.

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    That's how I felt too. I have to admit that I'm not feeling this series as much as everyone else seems to be. Just doesn't click on some level with me. It could be because the 90s Valentino series is still one of my all time favourites, but so far I had finished each issue of this series feeling slightly disappointed.

But this issue clicked with me. I really don't like Nikki's look, but I feel her personality was bang on. She and Charlie-27 were always my favourites, so I am really glad to see her done right.

I think the toning down of the futurespeak helped too. When ever it was used it pulled me right out of the comic.
    The future speak, or scifi speak, or whatever, was one of the things I thought might send the newer readers packing

I haven't really been following this book. Is this series a reboot of the earlier stories?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I haven't really been following this book. Is this series a reboot of the earlier stories?
    Sort of, Abnett is telling a new story, with a few elements from the original run in the 70's and Jim Valentino's run from the 90's. The art takes a little getting used to, but he's done more with the guardians in five months than Bendis has in two years. I want this book to survive secret wars.

I love this comic. Sucks it only has a small cult following. Abnett should still be writing GotG and not passed off to this stuff.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

This book gets better by the issue. I wish more people would take a chance on it.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 50yearoldNovafan View Post
    Nikki had flaming hair. I believe her Physiology was for the planet Mercury, just like Charlie 27 was designed for Pluto. Her hair resembled Firelords. And personally, I enjoy her new look.
    Yes, she's from Mercury. The flaming hair was a result of her venting body heat through the pores on her head. It's how Mercurians regulate their body temperature in an unbearably hot environment.

I don't mind the new look, but I hope there's some in-story explanation for it. Perhaps the coils utilize the heat from her head for some kind of environmental control or something.