Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I think the better question is "What new Marvel Universe?"

As it's been pretty generally accepted that people who think there is a reboot coming are the comic book equivalent of people who think the moon landings were faked

BANNED

Of course they'll have a book.

I think it's just my worry with no merchandise, the comic ending with no Secret Wars equivalent, & all the other stuff behind the scenes. At least the X-Men still have merch & still have Battleworld locations.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    Although this may be ironic coming from me to the X-Men fanbase, all merchandise for the F4 has been banned (both comic & movie versions), so that isn't really a good sign. Plus like I said in the OP, they don't have the luxury of any dedicated Battleworld locations like the X-Men.
    Ironic wasn't the word I was thinking of, considering how you've constantly poo pooed posts about the Complex or anti-X-Men conspiracy.

But to answer the question, of course, I think there will be an FF after Secret Wars. I haven't seen any proof that FF licensing has been banned. Where are you getting that?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I think the better question is "What new Marvel Universe?"

As it's been pretty generally accepted that people who think there is a reboot coming are the comic book equivalent of people who think the moon landings were faked
    I don't think you understand what "generally accepted" means.

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

I'm more concerned about Reed making it out of Secret Wars.

I'd like to see the original team split up and take a break from the FF. Sue would be great in Shield, or heading an organization with Reed working in a behind the scenes science role. Give Ben another solo series, have him join the Avengers or take on a different but familiar role (Like Parker curing him for a while). I don't know where Johnny would fit in. Maybe have him go cosmic and work with the Guardians or join up with the Light Brigade.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Ironic wasn't the word I was thinking of, considering how you've constantly poo pooed posts about the Complex or anti-X-Men conspiracy.

But to answer the question, of course, I think there will be an FF after Secret Wars. I haven't seen any proof that FF licensing has been banned. Where are you getting that?
    The guys who make Minimates said they weren't allowed to make any Fantastic Four figures when asked. Likewise, I believe some poster company said that Fantastic Four posters were off the table.

As for the X-Men issue vs. the Fantastic Four issue, I've already stated the differences. The X-Men still have places in Battleworld, the X-Men still have merchandise, the X-Men still have comics in print, some X-women are even in A-Force. None of which are true for the Fantastic Four. And in the case of there still being comics, it won't be true for the F4 much longer (& like I said before, there's zero word of a Secret Wars equivalent).
    Last edited by Neoxon; 02-06-2015 at 12:48 PM.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Even sidestepping the rights issues I don't see the FF being killed off or ignored. There's a lot of rich history involved here and I think the FF have a role in it. Maybe they won't get a comic but the characters themselves will find homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I don't think you understand what "generally accepted" means.

Oh quite well. As in "most everyone who can think critically and objectively, while simultaneously make consistently quality posts that aren't rooted in some annoying bias for their favorite group of characters as if they think this is some kind of high school fanfic site or something."

Are you picking up what I'm putting down.

BANNED

To be fair, we've gotten very few announcements concerning Secret Wars titles, or even post-event. There's still time for more announcements to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    To be fair, we've gotten very few announcements concerning Secret Wars titles, or even post-event. There's still time for more announcements to be made.
    True, this is where I'm hopeful. Maybe one of the 3 unannounced Battleworld locations are F4-specific. Though it still does raise questions on the merchandise ban.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

They'll always keep the brand if for no other reason than vanity. The question is how it will be organized when we next see it. The Fantastic 4 has a rocky history when it comes to attracting new readers as well has been connected to a few different issues regarding rights. Since at least Heroes Reborn we've seen one attempt after another to reintroduce it in a more exciting manner, the effort in itself points to an attempt to care for the franchise rather than to disown it. I think attempts to find it's home are confused with dismissal though it's easy enough to see why. So at the end of SW I don't think the question is so much will there be a Fantastic 4 rather what it will be. On a personal note I felt they should have left the F4 aspect dropped and kept it solely as Future Foundation. The former while nostalgic is too confining particularly in the creative sense for me.
    I make love, you make me sick.

BANNED

You'll have to ask Marvel for that. Don't see why banning merchandise that profits Marvel would work against the movie. I mean, posters and cards? Whoo? Doesn't quite make sense from a conspiracy angle.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Of course they will
    X-Men Forever

I expect an ALL-NEW FANTASTIC FOUR right after Secret Wars.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven