Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
    I'm more concerned about Reed making it out of Secret Wars.

I'd like to see the original team split up and take a break from the FF. Sue would be great in Shield, or heading an organization with Reed working in a behind the scenes science role. Give Ben another solo series, have him join the Avengers or take on a different but familiar role (Like Parker curing him for a while). I don't know where Johnny would fit in. Maybe have him go cosmic and work with the Guardians or join up with the Light Brigade.
    I've been thinking something along the lines of this....except Ben going cosmic and Johnny joining the Avengers. I think 616 Reed is going to kill Ultimate Reed in Secret Wars (thus doubling down on the middle finger to Fox) then Reed and Franklin going to explore multiverse/space and the higher beings of Marvel. As for Val, probably with Sue, but of course she could be with Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Why would Fox give back the film rights just because Marvel cancelled the comic?
    For me it seems like nothing more than speculation and conspiracy theories with very little solid evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Yes, some have argued that Marvel might time the FF's re-launch with the film's premiere. While such is possible, it seems unlikely. If the rumors are true that the comic's cancellation is an attempt to get Fox to give back the FF film rights to Marvel, then we could be waiting a while before the FF comic returns.
    I find the rumor to be rather speculative. It will only hurt Marvel and not Fox.

Let's think his through with a bit of logic and fact.

Marvel retains all marketing rights for the Fantastic Four, and movies supplement their profits with merchandise. This might seem trival but a large budget movie takes a very long while to break even unless it makes huge money from the Box Office. I would guess that less than 10 comic movies have made a profit on box office figures alone.

Even though the FF deal with Fox isn't the way Marvel would like, it will still involve money paid to Marvel as part of the agreement.

Merchandise makes money in two ways, from the licensing and by cross promotion. It isn't in Marvel's interest to cross promote the FF movies and they can make just as much money licensing other properties.

Marvel have been more than happy to promote Spider-Man movies because they have traditionally had a good relationship with Sony. The recent deal underlines that relationship and means that cross promotion has been worth it.

Hickman has been building a future that focuses on Franklyn Richards, and they could easily create exitment and interest in a new comic that was called somthing different once Franklyn becomes more important, thereby totally stranding the Fantastic Four brand as a movie only brand.

Why would a company that has a totally broken relationship with a rival movie studio do anything to help them with a brand that they want to own themselves?
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Default Who will/should survive secret wars ?

By now we've all heard the sad news that Marvel is gonna pull a DCrisis (boo! and Shame!), so I thought it time to ask the only question left, who should be left standing after the battle-world elimination tournament? Will we see mutants be re-labeled as inhumans (most likely . Will we have alternate versions (AoA, ultimate, etc etc) of our favorite characters take the place of 616'ers, and if so, which ones? Will we see long lost favorites, like ultraverse (god I hope so) make a return?

I know this is a loaded question(s) so please just answer any/all of it you wish.

PS: They better keep my 616 cyclops, his character progression over the last decade has been far too enjoyable and interesting to simply wipe away for a crappy nu-52ish knock off.

Fully confident that Ms. Marvel will be kept around.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I'll be real happy if Marc Spector, Namor, Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes are in a form I can recognize.

I am all but sure Doctor Strange will be fine (movie tie ins, of course.)
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Fantastic Member

First, I think the Marvel readers should survive. As long as we're around, they can always retcon any missing characters.

But seriously, who knows if anyone will survive in the sense of being the same as they were before? As with the end of Starlin's Infinity Revelation, where both Thanos and Warlock were changed, maybe that's the fate of all of our characters.

As far as surviving in the sense of being alive, whether changed or not, Cap and Spidey would be my top choices.

Wolverine should remain exactly as he is now. Wormfood!
    Peace

Ms. Marvel, and also the X-men (i know that its not very likely, but one can dream............).

I am pretty confident we are going to have atleast 1 Peter Parker before this is all said and done. He could be the one we have now or he could be married to MJ. we will see. But I predict all current Spider Characters are going to make it. Peter, Miguel, Miles, Silk, Spider-Gwen all live. Maybe with an extra peter. We will see.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    First, I think the Marvel readers should survive.
    LMAO! Nice one

I'm worried about Wasp. Hoping she survives.

Who do we all think will actually NOT survive?
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warp Spasm View Post
    I'll be real happy if Marc Spector, Namor, Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes are in a form I can recognize.

I am all but sure Doctor Strange will be fine (movie tie ins, of course.)
    I'm really worried about Moon Knight being cancelled and the character just pushed aside for a while, though I guess i'm kind of amazed the series is still going(and I'll sure as heck keep buying it until they stop).

I'm starting to think Tony Stark won't survive.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I'm worried about Wasp. Hoping she survives.
    I'm hoping she does myself. I'm reasonably confident that she will though (well maybe more optimistic).

As for Cold Water's question? I'm guessing some of the more obscure characters that never really get used will not survive. As well as some alternate versions of the main characters. Just a guess lol.