Thread: Hearthstone

Default Hearthstone

It's a fun, CCG-style game based on Worlds of Warcraft (albeit completely independent in terms of gameplay) for Mac, PC, and iOS.

I suck at it, but it's a fun little diversion. Right now, I'm mainly using a Priest deck with a lot of small creatures. Is anyone else playing Hearthstone?

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

I do and I have to say it is awesome.

I wouldn't say that I suck at it but I'm not the best at it. I have a more control type play style and I hate Hunter with its unleash the hounds buff.

My favorite classes to play are Druid & Shaman. The class I use to easily rank up in constructed would be Mage using a variant of Trump's Free Mage deck.

During its beta test I would play upwards of 10 games a day. Not much, but it was enjoyable. After a while, I grew tired of getting stomped so easily. Either I'm not cut out for such a game, my decks were terrible or I overestimated my W/L rate.

Definitely worth trying. Don't let the people screaming "PAY 2 WIN!" dissuade you.

I think it depends on what mode you play. I've noticed that the "Casual" play is actually more cutthroat. I've been having pretty good luck with Ranked at around level 17-18, lately. Every so often, you catch a power-gamer on their way up, but most of the time it's just people who naturally hit that tier. One of the Penny Arcade guys commented that the really serious players, once they hit Legend status, don't spend too much time in "Ranked" mode because they don't want to lose any status, and that makes a lot of sense.

And, man, if Arena was free, that's where I'd be spending all my time. Prizes aside, the sealed environment puts everyone on (at least theoretically) an even playing field.

Member in Disguise

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    During its beta test I would play upwards of 10 games a day. Not much, but it was enjoyable. After a while, I grew tired of getting stomped so easily. Either I'm not cut out for such a game, my decks were terrible or I overestimated my W/L rate.

Definitely worth trying. Don't let the people screaming "PAY 2 WIN!" dissuade you.
    The game has already been min/maxxed, which is exactly what Blizzard was trying to avoid. It started with Murloc decks, then Beast decks, then I'm not even sure what it is now (I'm on Hearthstone Hiatus). The sad fact is the cookie-cutter decks will roflstomp all but the most savvy players; that's what you're seeing right now. Unfortunately, the only options are a) join the crowd and get an uber-deck b) wait for Blizz to balance the game better, or c) stop looking at the Lose column and just enjoy the game.
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Its really simple but incredibly addicting.

I played for awhile towards the end of beta and then after, but haven't logged in in about three weeks. Had to lay off for a while due to the... extreme reactions I was having to out of the blue, come from behind defeats my opponents were almost constantly serving to me. It's very addictive though, and often close and exciting right down to the very end.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Thanks in large part to 1 Golden Sea Giant and 1 Hogger I was able to craft the couple cards I was missing for Warlock Zoo and Control Warrior(although I'm missing 3 cards from the Warrior).

Legendary here I come!!!!!