Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The Traitor Games: No Fate But What We Make

Traitor Game: No Fate But What We Make

On worlds across the multiverse a bubble of electricity stands,seemingly mocking the natural laws of of the physics. From it a signal is emerging, a signal that carries the last plea's of a dying world. Anybody with a radio and a desire can hear a man's coming from it, the man sounds broken, like he was trying to carry the weight of the entire world but it had finally broken him.

"We've been fighting for a long time. The Machines have come closer and closer to wiping us out. Humanity despite us finally pulling together, is on the brink.
    We let our own arrogance fool us into thinking that we would always be at the top. But it wasn't true, it was never true, and now we're paying for the pride of our parents.
    In the end it doesn't really matter.
    The truth is that humanity is past the brink, Skynet has found a way to finally exterminate us.What the machines don't know is that we've found the same, a secret weapon that will destroy them without costing a single human life.
    M.A.D. Mutually Assured Destruction. Sometimes I think that's what happened to the world, it went mad. And us with it.
    I'm reminded of something the man who finished the Atom Bomb said, 'I am become Death. The Destroyer of worlds.'
    I need you-... I need you to become Death, the Destroyers of worlds, our world, theirs, both if you have too. You know you are. Find us, save us."

"This is John Connor. We're at the end of our fate."

The message shuts off, leaving the listeners with a choice. Do they become Death, or do they turn away and save themselves. The bubble stands there, a choice, possibly the last one.

The soldiers that stepped through the bubble were greeted to an anti-climatic site. An abandoned warehouse with a single person in front of them. A man dressed in a ragtag battle armor. When they turned around they could see a dozens of raised round disks on the floors and ceiling's.

"You're Connor's recruits? Come on then. We don't have time to waste."

The man quickly walked to the door. When he hit the switch to open the door a slender but imposing form filled the frame.

"He doesn't want them yet."

"I take my order's from Connor."

"He doesn't want them yet."

The man stared a her for a moment, his grip on the rifle tightening. Then suddenly he stopped.

"Fine. We'll wait. But I'm checking in with him first."

The man went into the corner to radio his commander.

"This is Reese, she's here saying she has orders-..."

While he was in the corner the woman turned to the group and addressed them.

"You know why you're here. To die. Just like us." She looked at Reese. "Like him."

She abruptly left and walked to the corner of the room. Watching.

Reese walked back over, his posture rigid. He clearly didn't like this new development.

"Right. We're going to be staying here for a little while. I'm Kyle. The metal over there is called Cameron."

"Connor say's you're going to win this war. I hope that's true. For both our sakes."

Do not post until I say OK.

q
    Last edited by Thuro Pendragon; 01-25-2015 at 05:15 PM.

So the rules. Yes I'm going to be a spoilsport and include those pesky things. Its for the greater good of the all players. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

1) All CBR forum rules apply. It basically boils down to don't be a hater and don't link illegal stuff.

2)No godmodding.

3)Have a good time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Character Requirements are this.

1) Character must be a soldier. I have a very loose definition of soldier in this game. A character just has to work for a formed government or be affiliated with a formed governemt to be counted.

For example Rick Grimes, while not in the U.S. Army would still count as a soldier under these conditions.

Desmond Miles would not be accepted however as while he has the skills of a soldier he is not affiliated with any formed government.

It also does not have to be a legitametly appointed government to count either. The characters from the Rebel Alliance would be accepted as they were a government unto themselves attempting to replace the current government.

2)There is a very low power threshhold in this game. The cast of this game have no way of toning powers down like many of the god-like entities of prior games. So I'm relying on you to choose appropiately toned down characters.

Borderline superhuman characters like Captain America are allowed.
    Characters clearly beyond the superhuman limit such as the Arbiter are not allowed.

(Note: Some characters power levels can be toned down by removing certain items from them. Master Chief for example could become an accepted character by removing his power armor.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be a maximum cap of twenty players in this game. This is my first time hosting the game and I don't wish to be overwhelmed by players.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These sign-ups will last a week. You sign up by posting a prologue for your character. You can then interact with your fellow players. As soon as you are let out of the room two players will be replaced with identical Terminator Infiltrators and two others shall privately join the Resistance. These will be the Traitors and Agents respectively.

If you find yourselves in here with no idea of what any of this is (I know, you just looking for the bathroom) then go here.

http://community.comicbookresources....r-Game-Bullpen!

And unravel the secrets of the universe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annnnd OK. You can post now.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Prologue: In Memorandom
    The Time Lord once known as the Doctor emerged from the TARDIS. Although it looked like an ordinary 1960s Police Telephone Box, it was actually an advanced time machine, grown from coral long before humanity had crawled from the mud. The Doctor looked around the room he had found himself in. It was an abandoned warehouse. But judging by the weary and war-torn expression of the man in front of him, he hadn't escaped the war-he'd merely fallen into another one. He was a fool to think that he could ever escape the Time War. He further studied the pair who had presumably summoned him here. They were armed, but didn't seem immediately hostile. After 400 years of fighting in a hopeless, bitter war, it was a relief to see someone who wasn't a Dalek trying to kill him, or a Time Lord bureaucrat, berating him for a tactical failure. He would have chuckled at that in one of his previous lives. But not anymore.

He thought of the radio broadcast that had bought him here. To become death....certainly a notion that he could relate to. He had committed atrocities in the War that The Doctor would have been so ashamed of. And he had seen horrors beyond human comprehension. The Horde of Travesties. The Skaro Degradations. And because of what he'd seen, he'd take any opportunity to spare people from the pain he had felt.
    Normally he wouldn't answer a distress call. That's what The Doctor would do-and the universe didn't need a Doctor anymore. He wasn't the dashing young hero that he once was. He had no time for the petty squabbles of lesser species. But for some reason, he responded to the call regardless. Perhaps he could be The Doctor for one last time, in honour of who he once was.

But despite the strength of his resolve, he felt weak. He had recently been blasted with a ray of Spectrox 5, a chemical which would prevent him from regenerating. He had only one life left.

But that wouldn't stop him from saving these people. He locked the TARDIS door, and straightened his torn scarf.
    "I'll save you. I'll stop the machines. No matter the cost."

(OOC: I hope I've got this right. I'll upload a picture ASAP.)
    Last edited by Mighty Roman; 01-25-2015 at 06:43 PM.

Cameron strode forward and put her hand on The War Doctor's neck. Her eyes flicked back and forth, scanning, analyzing, deciphering.

She muttered quietly under her breath as she worked. "Unknown DNA helixing, unknown radiation...old."

Cameron stopped analyzing for a moment and looked into the Doctor's eye's. Something other than the usual fierce machine intelligence could be seen there. Respect?

"So old."

Kyle called from back against the wall. "What the metal means is welcome to Resistance HQ. One square meal a day and constantly getting shot at when you're not on baby-sitting duty." Kyle rubbed his nose. "But at least we know we're the good guys."

Quietly. Almost to herself she muttered, "He's non-terrestrial."

Name: Corporal Dwayne Hicks, Marine Corps (canon: Aliens)

"Is this going to be a standup fight, or another bug hunt?"

Prologue: San Mateo Prison, California, 1975

"Occupation?" the Sheriff asked the notorious, famous prisoner that was being booked.

"Urban guerrilla!" she said with a beaming, broad, faraway smile.

Her lawyer was dismayed. Her comrade, Yolanda, smiled with a cold ferocity.

But before the booking could continue, a strange bubble of light emerged, and a fuzzy transmission commenced....

Quote Originally Posted by john connor
    "We've been fighting for a long time. The Machines have come closer and closer to wiping us out. Humanity despite us finally pulling together, is on the brink.
    We let our own arrogance fool us into thinking that we would always be at the top. But it wasn't true, it was never true, and now we're paying for the pride of our parents.
    In the end it doesn't really matter.
    The truth is that humanity is past the brink, Skynet has found a way to finally exterminate us.What the machines don't know is that we've found the same, a secret weapon that will destroy them without costing a single human life.
    M.A.D. Mutually Assured Destruction. Sometimes I think that's what happened to the world, it went mad. And us with it.
    I'm reminded of something the man who finished the Atom Bomb said, 'I am become Death. The Destroyer of worlds.'
    I need you-... I need you to become Death, the Destroyers of worlds, our world, theirs, both if you have too. You know you are. Find us, save us."

"This is John Connor. We're at the end of our fate."
    Of course, being a soldier in the SLA meant becoming Death, in its own way. This is what Cinque and the others continually told her. She had to fight on for the freedom of the poor and the oppressed, even in the belly of the fascist beast, the U.S. prison system. Like an automaton, the prisoner made a sudden leap towards the mysterious energy bubble.

When she stepped through

Her reply:

"DEATH to the FASCIST INSECT THAT PREYS UPON THE LIFE OF THE PEOPLE!"

OOC: Signing up as Patricia Campbell Hearst, a.k.a. 'Tania', soldier in the Symbionese Liberation Army!

The message really hit home, but at the same time she had learned there had been a better way. 300 years her species conflict with their creations had lasted, before peace had finally been found in the midst of an even larger war spanning the entire galaxy.

It had been a hear since that war ended, the losses too great to even think about. Her everything had sacrificed himself to save the galaxy. She pondered back to what he would have now done in her place.

The answer was simple. Loading up with what she thought she'd need she'd step through the portal and unto a new battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    "Right. We're going to be staying here for a little while. I'm Kyle. The metal over there is called Cameron."

[COLOR=#b22222]"Connor say's you're going to win this war. I hope that's true. For both our sakes."

"Admiral Tali'Zorah vas Normandy...Tali will work as well."
    She replied.

"I can't promise we will win any wars but I assure you I'll do what I can to help."
    "Admiral Tali'Zorah vas Normandy."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    "Admiral Tali'Zorah vas Normandy...Tali will work as well." She replied.

"I can't promise we will win any wars but I assure you I'll do what I can to help."
    "Admiral Tali'Zorah vas Normandy."
    Kyle walked over to the strangely fitted woman.

Kyle spoke softly. "If Connor says your going to win the war. You are."

"So where are you from? Tali."

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Al View Post

Her reply:

"DEATH to the FASCIST INSECT THAT PREYS UPON THE LIFE OF THE PEOPLE!"

OOC: Signing up as Patricia Campbell Hearst, a.k.a. 'Tania', soldier in the Symbionese Liberation Army!

Cameron walked over to the woman and held up an image.

"What do you see?"

Kyle spoke softly. "If Connor says your going to win the war. You are."

[COLOR=#a52a2a]"So where are you from? Tali."
    A bit of a loaded question. "I lived my whole life on a space ship, but now live on the Quarian home planet Rannoch. Yes..." She'd lift up her hands to show her three fingers. "I'm not human, I trust that wont be a problem?" Then she changed the subject. "Regardless, the message said you are fighting machines? Is it a VI or an AI? Who created it? What caused the hostilities? Was it something it did or something humanity did to provoke it?" She stood hand on hip waiting for any answers that would come her way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tali View Post
    A bit of a loaded question. "I lived my whole life on a space ship, but now live on the Quarian home planet Rannoch. Yes..." She'd lift up her hands to show her three fingers. "I'm not human, I trust that wont be a problem?" Then she changed the subject. "Regardless, the message said you are fighting machines? Is it a VI or an AI? Who created it? What caused the hostilities? Was it something it did or something humanity did to provoke it?"
    She stood hand on hip waiting for any answers that would come her way.

"I'm not the person you should be asking. I was born after the war. But everything Connor told me about the way things were before I-..."

Kyle started again. "We're fighting an AI. It was activated during a massive viral attack in the early twenty-first century. We turned it on and it turned on us in an hour. One hour. Then it activated the world's nuclear arsenal. We called it Judgement Day. Most of the worlds population..." Kyle made a boom with his hands. "Gone."

"I'm not the person you should be asking. I was born after the war. But everything Connor told me about the way things were before I-..."

Kyle started again. "We're fighting an AI. It was activated during a massive viral attack in the early twenty-first century. We turned it on and it turned on us in an hour. One hour. Then it activated the world's nuclear arsenal. We called it Judgement Day. Most of the worlds population..." Kyle made a boom with his hands. "Gone."
    "Keelah..." She muttered under her breath. With the Geth it had come gradually and even then the Quarians attacked first only because they knew that an inevitable uprising was coming. Knowing what Tali knew now about the history of the conflict she wasn't so sure any more that an armed conflict would have happened. And while EDI and the peace with the Geth had changed her views on synthetics, this would not stand. "Do you think the viral attack corrupted it in some form? What was its function originally?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tali View Post
    "Keelah..." She muttered under her breath. With the Geth it had come gradually and even then the Quarians attacked first only because they knew that an inevitable uprising was coming. Knowing what Tali knew now about the history of the conflict she wasn't so sure any more that an armed conflict would have happened. And while EDI and the peace with the Geth had changed her views on synthetics, this would not stand. "Do you think the viral attack corrupted it in some form? What was its function originally?"

Kyle lets out a bitter laugh. "You're right there was a corruption. Us. It saw us in our entirety, inefficient, destructive. An obstacle to its new world. And it tried to clean that corruption out. At least that's he thinks. We don't know what happened exactly."

"Its possible. Connor's been putting the missing pieces together. He thinks that Skynet unleashed the virus upon the world so that the government would turn the nascent version version of itself on to eliminate the virus." Kyle pinched the bridge of his nose. "Skynet was supposed to be a defense network. It was designed to protect us."

Quote Originally Posted by Thuro Pendragon View Post
    Cameron walked over to the woman and held up an image.

"What do you see?"

"Tell the people that the entire corporate state is, with the aid of this massive power supply, about to totally automate the entire industrial state to the point that in the next five years, all that will be needed is a small class of button pushers. Tell the people, Dad, that the removal of expendable excess, the removal of unneeded people, has already started."

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Al View Post

"Tell the people that the entire corporate state is, with the aid of this massive power supply, about to totally automate the entire industrial state to the point that in the next five years, all that will be needed is a small class of button pushers. Tell the people, Dad, that the removal of expendable excess, the removal of unneeded people, has already started."

"Skynet began the removal of unneeded people over a decade and a half ago. Ninety percent of the human race is gone."

Cameron held up the image again. "What do you see?"

Quote Originally Posted by Thuro Pendragon View Post
    "Skynet began the removal of unneeded people over a decade and a half ago. Ninety percent of the human race is gone."

Cameron held up the image again. "What do you see?"

"I want to talk about the way I knew our six murdered comrades because the fascist pig media have of course been painting a typically distorted picture of these beautiful sisters and brothers." Replied Tania.