Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546

Quote Originally Posted by Connor View Post
    "You were one of my best soldiers. Whoever Shepard was to you, I know he would have been proud."
    "A leader, a friend, a brother in arms." Garrus would quickly glance over to Tali who was fiddling with her omni-tool not noticing Garrus looking at her. "And to some even more than that." He'd smile. "But as 'nice' as this experience has been, I think its about time that we return home."

Hearing that Tali would lift her head. "It has been a honor to help you take back your Earth, Connor. But I agree with Garrus, it's time for us to go home."

Default Epilogue: Sheba

Sheba felt that all the loose ends were tied up. She had said her farewells, and now was ready to return to the Galactica. She stepped through the energy portal.

She found herself back in the corridor she had been prior to her participation in the game. As she looked around, a thought came to her.

How long was I gone?

Given that time travel of a sort was involved, she could have easily been returned a centon or two after she had left. And this led her to another question. Should I tell the others what happened?

It all seemed so incredible, even by the standards of what they had experienced.

In the end, she decided she could talk to Apollo and Starbuck about this. They had been there, on the Ship of Lights. After that incredible experience, they would be likely to believe her story.

So she met with them in the Warrior's Lounge, after the rest had left, and told the whole story. "I still don't understand much of what happened. I'm not sure what world it was on. Was it Earth, or some other world?"

"It sounds like they have technology even we haven't come up with yet." Starbuck noted. "Let's just hope the Cylons never have anything like those Terminators."

Apollo nodded in agreement. "So, this one Terminator on your side... after you disabled that computer's defenses, she merged with it?"

Sheba nodded. "It's as I said. We helped her save that world, whatever it was. But the more I think about it, it sounds like it doesn't even matter what world it was. The last words she spoke to us before restoring us to the real world were 'There is no fate but what we make'."

Starbuck nodded. "She's not telling us anything we didn't know. If we didn't believe that, we wouldn't have made it this far."

"I know." Sheba said. "But another thing I think it means is that world is only one of many possibilities. We have no idea if Earth is going to be anything like that when we arrive, or if it'll be something entirely different."

"Only one way to find out." Apollo said. "And that's to keep going. We'll get there someday. My father believes it. I believe it. We'll get there."

"Someday." Sheba said.

Fleeing the Cylon tyranny, the last Battlestar, Galactica, leads a ragtag fugitive fleet on a lonely quest: A shining planet known as Earth.

OOC: Feel free to imagine a visual of the Galactica and the musical score from the original show over that last line. Anyway, that's Sheba's epilogue. It was fun working in nods to both the original series and the 2000's version (those familiar with the shows will spot them), and fun having a big part in the latter portion of the game.
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 02-26-2015 at 10:44 PM.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Default Epilogue: The Doctor's War Journal

After The Doctor had said his goodbyes, he nodded at the group and returned to the TARDIS. He ran his hand across the wooden varnish. The piece of the Door that he had held earlier was back in place. Everything was in place. He had saved a world, and countless lives. For the first time in a long time, he felt satisfied. He stepped into the control room, and heard the humming of the central console. "Hello Old Girl." He ran his lined hands across the console. He didn't want to go. He didn't want to go back to the War, with the death and the Daleks, and the endless loss of life. He pressed a button, and the scanner buzzed into life. He looked at the bright city outside. He could retire to a place like this one day. But he knew that The Doctor would never retire, never give up. Recently, he thought that his 'career' would only end in one way-surrounded by Daleks with a hole in his chest. But perhaps it wouldn't end that way. He didn't have to give up. He'd keep fighting. Perhaps he could change his fate. Perhaps, he could fix his own world.
    He thought about Frank Castle. The man had barely said a word, but The Doctor could tell that he was a warrior. He had a hardened glare, which hid a calculating mind. When he did speak, it was only to continue his mission. The Doctor wondered what had made Frank that way. What had he lost? Who was he fighting for? Would he win his war? The Doctor paused, his hand hovering above the dematerialisation lever. He was more like Frank than he had first thought. He hoped that they could both find the peace that Cameron and John had.
    The Doctor knew that when he returned to The War, he would forget this day. He would forget the people he had met, and the things he'd seen. Time in his universe had a strange way of doing that. But one day, his memories would return, and he would know what he'd done today. He looked forward to it.
    But until then, he had to fight. He had to win. He remembered his duplicate's dying words. On this day, he was The Doctor again. Brave heart, Doctor, he thought to himself. He pulled the lever and the TARDIS rocked and span towards the blue portal. "Just us against the world,eh? No fate but what we make!"
    OOC: I've really enjoyed this. I've enjoyed the mystery, the story, the twists, the characters, and using as many Classic and Modern Doctor Who references as possible. I can't wait for the next game.