Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thuro Pendragon View Post
    Dresden smiled. "Its good to see you again Murphy. Can I ask you a question?"
    Murphy nodded. "Yeah." She could feel her heart pressing against her throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirah View Post
    Murphy nodded. "Yeah." She could feel her heart pressing against her throat.
    Dresden smiled gently. "Why did you let me die?"
    But what is liberty without wisdom and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint. Those who know what virtuous liberty is, cannot bear to see it disgraced by incapable heads, on account of their having high-sounding words in their mouths.

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.

Spectacular Member

Dresden smiled gently. "Why did you let me die?"
    "Don't you dare. Don't you dare. You disappeared on me Dresden so don't you dare." Anger rose in Murphy like none before. Her grip on the sword tightened. Her knuckles turned white.

"Don't you dare. Don't you dare. You disappeared on me Dresden so don't you dare." Anger rose in Murphy like none before. Her grip on the sword tightened. Her knuckles turned white.
    "It was your fault you know. You're the cop. The one who's supposed to protect people. Where were you when I needed you?"
    But what is liberty without wisdom and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint. Those who know what virtuous liberty is, cannot bear to see it disgraced by incapable heads, on account of their having high-sounding words in their mouths.

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.

Spectacular Member

"It was your fault you know. You're the cop. The one who's supposed to protect people. Where were you when I needed you?"
    "I'm not a cop. Not anymore. They took my badge. Because of one too many times I was there saving your ass. Forty five minutes Dresden. That's the amount of time I was gone. There was nothing for me to protect." Murphy's eyes started to burn. "Don't you dare. You came here and left me some cryptic message. How could I protect you if you were in a different universe?"

"I'm not a cop. Not anymore. They took my badge. Because of one too many times I was there saving your ass. Forty five minutes Dresden. That's the amount of time I was gone. There was nothing for me to protect." Murphy's eyes started to burn. "Don't you dare. You came here and left me some cryptic message. How could I protect you if you were in a different universe?"
    "And you deserved it. I would have tracked you down and protected you with my life, and you couldn't even do the same. What is wrong with you Murphy? Did daddies death break something in you. Make you less of human being?" He paused for a moment. "I hate you."

The second Dresden finally got fed up and thrust his hand out at the first. "Hireki."

The image of the first Dresden wavered for a second.

And then it flashed back to the appearance of Dresden. "You deserved to die Murphy. Not me."

Spectacular Member

"And you deserved it. I would have tracked you down and protected you with my life, and you couldn't even do the same. What is wrong with you Murphy? Did daddies death break something in you. Make you less of human being?" He paused for a moment. "I hate you."

The second Dresden finally got fed up and thrust his hand out at the first. "Hireki."

The image of the first Dresden wavered for a second.

And then it flashed back to the appearance of Dresden. "You deserved to die Murphy. Not me."
    Murphy raised an eyebrow. That was interesting. What was going on? Dresden wouldn't say anything like that. "You're not Dresden."
    Last edited by Kirah; 02-13-2015 at 07:46 PM. Reason: grammar fail

Murphy raised an eyebrow. That was interesting. What was going on? Dresden wouldn't say anything like that. "Your not Dresden."
    The first Dresden seemed to be in pain. He was sweating and struggling to stay upright. "I'm the Dresden that you deserved. Now kill me." He swayed on his feet. "KILL ME!" Spittle flew from his mouth as he spoke.

Spectacular Member

The first Dresden seemed to be in pain. He was sweating and struggling to stay upright. "I'm the Dresden that you deserved. Now kill me." He swayed on his feet. "KILL ME!" Spittle flew from his mouth as he spoke.
    "Don't you get it. You're already dead." Murphy's hand loosen a bit, blood flowed back into her fingers. "Doesn't matter if you died at the bottom of the lake, or here in Connor's world. You've been dead for months."

"Don't you get it. You're already dead." Murphy's hand loosen a bit, blood flowed back into her fingers. "Doesn't matter if you died at the bottom of the lake, or here in Connor's world. You've been dead for months."
    "I targeted all the sensitive areas of your life. All the planes of emotional trauma. Why didn't you kill me?" He fell to his knees. "Its over. I've failed." He looked at the heavens one last time and then dissolved into a shimmer of light and code.

The second Dresden walked over and the glitches surrounding him followed.

"About time he's gone. What an ass."

Spectacular Member

"I targeted all the sensitive areas of your life. All the planes of emotional trauma. Why didn't you kill me?" He fell to his knees. "Its over. I've failed." He looked at the heavens one last time and then dissolved into a shimmer of light and code.

The second Dresden walked over and the glitches surrounding him followed.

"About time he's gone. What an ass."
    "And what are you going to throw at me." Murphy's voice was harsh, it cracked at the end though. The other Dresden was right he had every emotionally sore spot, of course that's how she knew. Knew it was a trick. The image of the terminator in the second film pretending to be Connor's foster mom crossed her mind. Murphy squared her shoulders and faced the second Dresden. "You can't hurt me."

"And what are you going to throw at me." Murphy's voice was harsh, it cracked at the end though. The other Dresden was right he had every emotionally sore spot, of course that's how she knew. Knew it was a trick. The image of the terminator in the second film pretending to be Connor's foster mom crossed her mind. Murphy squared her shoulders and faced the second Dresden. "You can't hurt me."
    "How about an apology Murphy? Or maybe an explanation. I think you've earned one."

Spectacular Member

"How about an apology Murphy? Or maybe an explanation. I think you've earned one."
    "What are you apologizing for?" he had a long list of things to choose from. "And explain away because today has been a really shitty day and I could use an explination."

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Doctor View Post

"I'm afraid not. You see I've been having a little fun on earth ever since the end of the end of the time war. You remember that little old killer in Victorian England? Jack the Ripper they called him." A slow smile spreads over the Mad Doctors face. "We know him very well."
    The Doctor thought something like this might happen. Out of all of the atrocities that he had commited throughout the war, this was the logical progression. However, he had faced something like this before. He knew what to do. He knew what he was born to do. And he'd do it at all costs. "Why did you come here? He growled. "Was it to break me? To make me become you? I'm afraid that we've already tried that. Remember the Valeyard? Either way, it isn't going to work. I was born to stop the war at all costs, and if that means becoming you so be it!"

"What are you apologizing for?" he had a long list of things to choose from. "And explain away because today has been a really shitty day and I could use an explination."
    "Explanation first. Then an apology." Dresden rubbed his face. "Its complicated and convoluted and even I don't understand part of it. When I was shot my soul came to this world." He looked around him. "Not literally this world. Connor's earth. When he discovered what I do to machines he'd thought he'd found a weapon. But earth, our earth, was pulling me back. I knew you would come here, parallel lines always cross eventually. So I made a deal with him...he would secure your safety and give you a trigger word. Once that was done there was only one thing left for me to do. I sliced off a piece of my own soul. When I returned to earth and drowned the larger piece of it went to wherever souls go. The smaller slice stayed in my body, and when you touched it, into yours.
    But then it all went south, Connor wanted to use my ability, your ability now technically, to use in his sick game. A thing I could have prevented if I wasn't sleeping until Connor gave you a keyword, a keyword to wake me up." Dresden stared at her for a second. Regret filled his eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I used you as a vessel, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was alive. Some of it couldn't have been done any other way. But that doesn't mean I hated it. So I'm sorry. And I hope that you don't hate me."