Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    The Doctor thought something like this might happen. Out of all of the atrocities that he had commited throughout the war, this was the logical progression. However, he had faced something like this before. He knew what to do. He knew what he was born to do. And he'd do it at all costs. "Why did you come here? He growled. "Was it to break me? To make me become you? I'm afraid that we've already tried that. Remember the Valeyard? Either way, it isn't going to work. I was born to stop the war at all costs, and if that means becoming you so be it!"
    "No old friend. I came here to end it all." A note of mockery entered his voice. "I've seen the error of my ways. I'm a danger to society...lock me up and throw away the key. Or better yet just kill me here."

Slowly the Doctor changed forms in front of him into the War Doctor was staring at a reflection of himself.

"Or should I say us?"
    But what is liberty without wisdom and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint. Those who know what virtuous liberty is, cannot bear to see it disgraced by incapable heads, on account of their having high-sounding words in their mouths.

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thuro Pendragon View Post
    "Explanation first. Then an apology." Dresden rubbed his face. "Its complicated and convoluted and even I don't understand part of it. When I was shot my soul came to this world." He looked around him. "Not literally this world. Connor's earth. When he discovered what I do to machines he'd thought he'd found a weapon. But earth, our earth, was pulling me back. I knew you would come here, parallel lines always cross eventually. So I made a deal with him...he would secure your safety and give you a trigger word. Once that was done there was only one thing left for me to do. I sliced off a piece of my own soul. When I returned to earth and drowned the larger piece of it went to wherever souls go. The smaller slice stayed in my body, and when you touched it, into yours.
    But then it all went south, Connor wanted to use my ability, your ability now technically, to use in his sick game. A thing I could have prevented if I wasn't sleeping until Connor gave you a keyword, a keyword to wake me up." Dresden stared at her for a second. Regret filled his eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I used you as a vessel, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was alive. Some of it couldn't have been done any other way. But that doesn't mean I hated it. So I'm sorry. And I hope that you don't hate me."
    "But we never found your body back home. Hell I've not wanted to even admit out loud that you were dead. And Connor failed. I'm here," Murphy waved her hand to indicate the Skynet system. "I died." She then shook her head. "I could never hate you. Even the you that wanted me to." Murphy looked at where the other Dresden had been. "If I had been wrong... I couldn't kill you."

Quote Originally Posted by Kirah View Post
    "But we never found your body back home. Hell I've not wanted to even admit out loud that you were dead. And Connor failed. I'm here," Murphy waved her hand to indicate the Skynet system. "I died." She then shook her head. "I could never hate you. Even the you that wanted me to." Murphy looked at where the other Dresden had been. "If I had been wrong... I couldn't kill you."
    "I'm glad." He said solemnly. His next words were lighter. "You should be too. I was...well its kind of hard to explain it. Its like I'm seeing their code and sensing their...essence. He was bonding with you. Syncing if you want to be technical about it. If you'd struck him down you would have died too."

"He had you cocooned in a layer of separation. Disrupting his appearance for a moment was all I could do. And even that took a lot of energy." He looked at the others wrapped inside their traps. "I just hope they're as forgiving as you."
    But what is liberty without wisdom and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint. Those who know what virtuous liberty is, cannot bear to see it disgraced by incapable heads, on account of their having high-sounding words in their mouths.

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.

Spectacular Member

"I'm glad." He said solemnly. His next words were lighter. "You should be too. I was...well its kind of hard to explain it. Its like I'm seeing their code and sensing their...essence. He was bonding with you. Syncing if you want to be technical about it. If you'd struck him down you would have died too."

"He had you cocooned in a layer of separation. Disrupting his appearance for a moment was all I could do. And even that took a lot of energy." He looked at the others wrapped inside their traps. "I just hope they're as forgiving as you."
    "If it had been anyone else." Murphy suckered in a breath of air. She tried to see the others. "What now? Can I help them? I owe Hicks and Patty that much."

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Doctor View Post
    "No old friend. I came here to end it all." A note of mockery entered his voice. "I've seen the error of my ways. I'm a danger to society...lock me up and throw away the key. Or better yet just kill me here."

Slowly the Doctor changed forms in front of him into the War Doctor was staring at a reflection of himself.

"Or should I say us?"
    The Doctor considered it. This thing was dangerous. He himself was dangerous. Killing him could save millions of lives. But then again, Killing this man could be his first step towards becoming The Mad Doctor, or The Valeyard. It was a tough decision, but then again, he was used to making tough decisions. What would The Doctor do in this situation?
    "You know me. Better than anyone. You know that I'm dangerous. You know what I'm capable of. So I think you know what I'm going to say. The Doctor smiled uncertainly. He offered out his hand."Come with me. I'm don't care what you've done. Give up the killing and the bloodshed. I'll do whatever I can to help you. I'm giving you, whatever you are, Terminator, Me,a chance to become more than this. A second chance.

"If it had been anyone else." Murphy suckered in a breath of air. She tried to see the others. "What now? Can I help them? I owe Hicks and Patty that much."
    "I think I can project you inside the sphere for a few seconds. Just enough time for a warning. But it could be dangerous...nothing works right here. And I'd hate to lose a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    The Doctor considered it. This thing was dangerous. He himself was dangerous. Killing him could save millions of lives. But then again, Killing this man could be his first step towards becoming The Mad Doctor, or The Valeyard. It was a tough decision, but then again, he was used to making tough decisions. What would The Doctor do in this situation?
    "You know me. Better than anyone. You know that I'm dangerous. You know what I'm capable of. So I think you know what I'm going to say. The Doctor smiled uncertainly. He offered out his hand."Come with me. I'm don't care what you've done. Give up the killing and the bloodshed. I'll do whatever I can to help you. I'm giving you, whatever you are, Terminator, Me,a chance to become more than this. A second chance.
    The Mad Doctor gladly clasped the War Doctor's hand. "I accept Mon Capita. You have my services." And then he burst out in laughter so hard he started to double over. He slapped the earlier Doctor's hand away. "I don't want your sympathy old man. I am god. A Time Lord. I control the flow of life. And when I step over your corpse it will be to kill everyone you've ever held dear and everyone you will ever love."

And then he stopped and glowered at the War Doctor, madness rich and full in his eyes. "Unless you kill me now."

Spectacular Member

"I think I can project you inside the sphere for a few seconds. Just enough time for a warning. But it could be dangerous...nothing works right here. And I'd hate to lose a friend."
    Murphy nodded. She had no idea if she could help any of them, but maybe just maybe if they survived this the bigger war would be over. They were already dead anyway right? She smiled at Dresden. "I'm sure both of our souls are meeting in Heaven now." Ever the devote Catholic, she'd deal with the eye roll from Dresden. Besides if either of the two were supposed to believe in a Heaven it should be him. He had met Angles and they had fought things close enough to demons.

Murphy nodded. She had no idea if she could help any of them, but maybe just maybe if they survived this the bigger war would be over. They were already dead anyway right? She smiled at Dresden. "I'm sure both of our souls are meeting in Heaven now." Ever the devote Catholic, she'd deal with the eye roll from Dresden. Besides if either of the two were supposed to believe in a Heaven it should be him. He had met Angles and they had fought things close enough to demons.
    "Maybe, maybe not. Maybe this is your soul. Even the great wizarding council isn't exactly sure what form it takes. After all look at me. I'm all soul and I'm still here."

Spectacular Member

"Maybe, maybe not. Maybe this is your soul. Even the great wizarding council isn't exactly sure what form it takes. After all look at me. I'm all soul and I'm still here."
    "Either way, they are in danger. I've got to do something. Whether we're just bits of code floating in a program, or if we're souls using our own form of magic. We came to help John Connor and if they loose we can't help him."

"Either way, they are in danger. I've got to do something. Whether we're just bits of code floating in a program, or if we're souls using our own form of magic. We came to help John Connor and if they loose we can't help him."
    "I can't go and push you inside the cocoon too. You'll have to go by yourself. Who do you want to try to save first? The old man? The soldier?"

Spectacular Member

"I can't go and push you inside the cocoon too. You'll have to go by yourself. Who do you want to try to save first? The old man? The soldier?"
    "I owe Hicks. The soldier. It's because of me that he is here. I can only hope that the Doctor is smart enough to figure it out." She turned looking at the bits where she had last seen the others.

"What is it baby?" Rick asked Lori, looking her over
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    "Better plan than anything I have." He shrugged. "Let's do it. How's your omni-tool work? Do we need to get into physical contact with it?"
    "Just as long I have a clear sight of it then I should be able to access it, if I can."

Quote Originally Posted by Connor View Post
    "We've never tested the electricity because we've never encountered a T-1000 after Judgement Day. They have the ability to use free thought and way to dangerous for Skynet to use." Connor paused for a moment. "They know we've won. But first we have to survive."
    "Well we'll get the opportunity now at least."

"T-1000's run silent. Its not a bad idea. But you probably won't be able to get close enough to mess with any of its processes. Even if you could figure out how it works.
    "Like I said, if you can keep it occupied then I'll try to do my best."

"I think that will be a definite asset." He paused for a moment. "Everybody form up on me." When they had done so he asked Tali and Garrus, "How much do energy do your weapons store?"
    Garrus took out his sniper rifle. "It's not energy, per say. One shot gone so I should have 11 more shots left before the thermal clippings are gone and it freezes up. The Phaeston on the other hand is fully locked and loaded to mow down any opposition. Also when this is over I'll have to educate you on the mass effect fields."

"I need to get really close to use the Reegar Carbine...which I now realize might not have been one of my best laid plans." If only she had grabbed that Geth Plasma Shotgun..."But we're ready just say the word."

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Doctor View Post
    The Mad Doctor gladly clasped the War Doctor's hand. "I accept Mon Capita. You have my services." And then he burst out in laughter so hard he started to double over. He slapped the earlier Doctor's hand away. "I don't want your sympathy old man. I am god. A Time Lord. I control the flow of life. And when I step over your corpse it will be to kill everyone you've ever held dear and everyone you will ever love."

And then he stopped and glowered at the War Doctor, madness rich and full in his eyes. "Unless you kill me now."
    The Doctor's expression changed. He looked grim and serious. Earlier, Cameron had mentioned using objects to access certain abilities in the system. He had saw her use some form of energy blasts earlier. He wondered if he could do the same. He focused. His hand crackled with the same energy that Cameron had used earlier.
    "At least I gave you a chance. I always knew that it would end this way. I'd go to far, and someone would have to stop me. I just never thought that the person would be me. No more. There's one thing you're forgetting 'Doctor'-I'm a warrior." He closed his eyes and threw the energy at his other self.

Amazing Member

"Might the incendiaries disable it long enough for her to hack the thing?" His eyes locked on Connor now. "They burn really fast, but they've got a good radius and, like I said, they get really damn hot and stick to stuff."