Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atomyk View Post
    "Spirius is a corporation," Ludger said, crossing his arms. "We're-- They're... sort of the reason why I'm here. The Department of Dimensional Affairs wanted to look into the matter. I also happen to be the, uh.... CEO." He looked down slightly, feeling a touch embarrassed. The last thing he wanted to do was come off as boasting. "Anyway, any name you want is good with me."
    The Doctor paused for a moment. So you stop things getting into your dimension? I admire that.In fact-
    He smiled for a moment. However, it was a sad smile. He looked at Rick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Rick sighed. He was weary, but might as well help out here.

"Yea, just tell me who we're fighting kid" Rick replied, right hand on his holster
    "What about you? Why did you choose to respond to the broadcast?"
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    The Doctor paused for a moment. So you stop things getting into your dimension? I admire that.In fact-

I should've, wouldve been dead a while ago, RICK thought

"Wasn't much of a choice involved, sad to say. Thought the broadcast was somethin' else. Hopefully I ain't gone too long. What made you come here, Doc?"
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

"Wasn't much of a choice involved, sad to say. Thought the broadcast was somethin' else. Hopefully I ain't gone too long. What made you come here, Doc?"
    [COLOR="#A52A2A"]"There were people who needed help, and I didn't want anymore innocent people to suffer through war.[COLOR]
    The Doctor turned towards Rick, with a look of regret in his eyes.
    "Have you got a family back home, Rick?"
    Upcoming:

There are those who believe that life out here began out there, with tribes of humans who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. Some believe that even now there may yet be brothers of man who even now fight to survive somewhere beyond the heavens. --

Battlestar Galactica, Colonial Fleet, deep space

Captain Sheba, leader of Silver Spar Squadron, was resting in the Warrior's Lounge after a recent patrol. She sat at a table next to her squadmate and friend Lt. Bojay, and Lt. Brie from Red Squadron.

Lt. Brie was the least-experienced of the group. She had previously been employed as a shuttle pilot, but volunteered for Viper pilot duty during a crisis when many of the regular Viper pilots were ill. These days, she spent much time with the more experienced pilots hoping for more hints on how to handle aspects of Viper pilot life.

"Another dull patrol." Brie sighed. "I wish I could be one of the lucky ones who finds something."

"These patrols are dull most of the time, but they are necessary." Sheba said. "Without them, we wouldn't be able to find places where we can replenish our supplies. And we wouldn't have found that Cylon basestar."

The encounter with the Cylon Basestar was still fresh in the minds of many of the Colonial Warriors. Having ventured far from the ruins of the Twelve Colonies, the Colonial Fleet had thought they had finally moved far away from any Cylon outposts and that any Cylon pursuers had long been left behind. There had been very little hints of Cylon activity since Baltar was captured and imprisoned in the Prison Barge.

"The fact that we encountered a Cylon Base star this far outward means we can't take any chances. If we find them, we have to fight them and, if we can, raid their tankers for extra fuel supplies." Sheba said.

Lt. Bojay turned to Sheba. "I've been hearing rumors that you and Captain Apollo have been up at that communications center. I've heard you might have received transmissions. Some say they might even be from Earth."

Sheba turned to Bojay. "We did receive some transmissions, but they're full of static. There's not enough there to tell us where they might have come from."

She then changed the subject, but kept the transmissions in mind. She was meaning to return to that place sometime and see if she could pick up a clearer transmission.

Some time later, Sheba was on her way to do just that. Alone in the corridor, she was nearing the facility, when suddenly a bubble of electricity appeared before her.

Quote Originally Posted by introduction
    On worlds across the multiverse a bubble of electricity stands,seemingly mocking the natural laws of of the physics. From it a signal is emerging, a signal that carries the last plea's of a dying world. Anybody with a radio and a desire can hear a man's coming from it, the man sounds broken, like he was trying to carry the weight of the entire world but it had finally broken him.

"We've been fighting for a long time. The Machines have come closer and closer to wiping us out. Humanity despite us finally pulling together, is on the brink.
    We let our own arrogance fool us into thinking that we would always be at the top. But it wasn't true, it was never true, and now we're paying for the pride of our parents.
    In the end it doesn't really matter.
    The truth is that humanity is past the brink, Skynet has found a way to finally exterminate us.What the machines don't know is that we've found the same, a secret weapon that will destroy them without costing a single human life.
    M.A.D. Mutually Assured Destruction. Sometimes I think that's what happened to the world, it went mad. And us with it.
    I'm reminded of something the man who finished the Atom Bomb said, 'I am become Death. The Destroyer of worlds.'
    I need you-... I need you to become Death, the Destroyers of worlds, our world, theirs, both if you have too. You know you are. Find us, save us."

"This is John Connor. We're at the end of our fate."

"These machines. Are they the Cylons?" Sheba asked. There was no answer.

She realized that the answers would be on the other side of the bubble. Impulsively, she stepped through.

The soldiers that stepped through the bubble were greeted to an anti-climatic site. An abandoned warehouse with a single person in front of them. A man dressed in a ragtag battle armor. When they turned around they could see a dozens of raised round disks on the floors and ceiling's.

[/COLOR]
    "You're Connor's recruits? Come on then. We don't have time to waste."

The man quickly walked to the door. When he hit the switch to open the door a slender but imposing form filled the frame.

"He doesn't want them yet."

"I take my order's from Connor."

"He doesn't want them yet."

The man stared a her for a moment, his grip on the rifle tightening. Then suddenly he stopped.

"Fine. We'll wait. But I'm checking in with him first."

The man went into the corner to radio his commander.

"This is Reese, she's here saying she has orders-..."

While he was in the corner the woman turned to the group and addressed them.

"You know why you're here. To die. Just like us." She looked at Reese. "Like him."

She abruptly left and walked to the corner of the room. Watching.

Reese walked back over, his posture rigid. He clearly didn't like this new development.

"Right. We're going to be staying here for a little while. I'm Kyle. The metal over there is called Cameron."

"Connor say's you're going to win this war. I hope that's true. For both our sakes."

Do not post until I say OK.

q
    "Who are you?" Sheba asked. "These machines ... are they the Cylons? Are we back on the Twelve Colonies or is this ... some other world?"

The one called Kyle spoke of an 'AI' that turned against them that activated an arsenal and wiped out most of this world's population.

"But why would this Skynet be attacking humans?" Sheba asked. "Did the Cylons change its programming?"

OOC: Sorry this took so long. Hope I'm not too late to interact with people. Anyway, this is Sheba from the old school Battlestar Galactica series.
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 01-28-2015 at 12:24 AM.

The Doctor couldn't think of what to say. What Cameron said summed up the Time Lord mentality. If you didn't fight, you were useless to them. But then again, he was never a good Time Lord. He decided to change the subject:

"I should introduce myself. I am...or at least I was, known as The Doctor.
    He turned to the newcomers-

"And who might you be?."
    Sheba knew she had to be cautious in how much she revealed to these strangers.

"I am Captain Sheba of Silver Spar Squadron, of the Battlestar Galactica." she said. "Do you know about the Twelve Colonies?"

Quote Originally Posted by Thuro Pendragon View Post
    Cameron went back to analyzing the hand. "You'd have to ask Connor. Each time we send someone to the past Judgement Day changes. I'm from a different timeline than them. My Connor is...different." She looked up at him. "You call yourself a Time Lord. Why is that?"
    "The past?" Sheba was confused. "How can you send someone into the past? It's already happened."

"Its a long story. But basically,my people mastered Time Travel. But they only used it to watch history unfold. They never helped, and they never interfered. I disagreed.This... "
    He pointed to the Police Telephone Box behind him.
    "This is one of their machines. Over 700 years of time-space travel, and she's never let me down."
    "Time travel?" Sheba asked. "You mean you can travel not only through space, but through time? How is that possible?"

"I thought the broadcast was a cry for help against the Cylons." Sheba said.

Not exactly, Ludger thought, but he chose to stay silent while the other two men spoke. The one, Rick, spoke of coming here by accident, which made Ludger wonder what other methods could be used for inter-dimensional travel. Certainly, these people didn't possess a Chromatus, but perhaps they had something similar...? Letting out a sigh, Ludger decided that wasn't what was important here. War, it wasn't something he was familiar with, even as tensions between Elympios and Reize Maxia had grown to a fevered pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    "Time travel?" Sheba asked. "You mean you can travel not only through space, but through time? How is that possible?"

"I thought the broadcast was a cry for help against the Cylons." Sheba said.
    "Time travel... is a form of dimensional travel," Ludger said, interjecting himself into the conversation. "As far as I'm aware." It was entirely possible these people knew of ways beyond his understanding, but in a place so unfamiliar to him, Ludger felt that he had to at least speak up about his own impressions. Though, he couldn't forget he was also here to gather information-- "And, u-uh, what are Cylons...?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ludger View Post
    "Time travel... is a form of dimensional travel," Ludger said, interjecting himself into the conversation. "As far as I'm aware." It was entirely possible these people knew of ways beyond his understanding, but in a place so unfamiliar to him, Ludger felt that he had to at least speak up about his own impressions. Though, he couldn't forget he was also here to gather information-- "And, u-uh, what are Cylons...?"
    Sheba gazed at the man in surprise. It was clear he was not acting.

"You don't know what Cylons are?"

"Cylons are a mostly machine race, who took over and supplanted their creators a long time ago. The human race has been at war with them for some time. For a while, we thought the worst over. Then they attacked the Twelve Colonies."

This man claimed to be from another dimension. That meant it was possible he had never heard of the Twelve Colonies, either.

"The Twelve Colonies were settled many yahrens ago by the Twelve Tribes of Kobol. Our ancestors lived on Kobol before venturing into space. The Thirteenth Tribe, so they say, settled on a distant planet called Earth."

"For many yahrens the Twelve Colonies prospered, protected by the fleet of Battlestars. But then came the Cylon surprise attack. The Cylons attacked in large numbers, bringing all twelve of the Colonies into ruin. The survivors, led by the Battlestar Galactica, left the Colonies. We've been fleeing the Cylons ever since, in search of the Thirteenth Tribe."

Quote Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
    Sheba knew she had to be cautious in how much she revealed to these strangers.

"I am Captain Sheba of Silver Spar Squadron, of the Battlestar Galactica." she said. "Do you know about the Twelve Colonies?"

"The past?" Sheba was confused. "How can you send someone into the past? It's already happened."
    "Very nice to meet you, young lady. Indeed, the past has already happened, but time is...malleable. It can be changed, to a certain extent. However, mass changes to time can cause cataclysmic changes to the present, and open alternative presents,as Cameron here can vouch for. Time Travel is most definitely possible. This Police Box is not a Police Box. And as for the broadcast. I suspected that it may be a call for help against the Daleks.
    Upcoming:

Sheba gazed at the man in surprise. It was clear he was not acting.

"You don't know what Cylons are?"

"Cylons are a mostly machine race, who took over and supplanted their creators a long time ago. The human race has been at war with them for some time. For a while, we thought the worst over. Then they attacked the Twelve Colonies."

This man claimed to be from another dimension. That meant it was possible he had never heard of the Twelve Colonies, either.

"The Twelve Colonies were settled many yahrens ago by the Twelve Tribes of Kobol. Our ancestors lived on Kobol before venturing into space. The Thirteenth Tribe, so they say, settled on a distant planet called Earth."

"For many yahrens the Twelve Colonies prospered, protected by the fleet of Battlestars. But then came the Cylon surprise attack. The Cylons attacked in large numbers, bringing all twelve of the Colonies into ruin. The survivors, led by the Battlestar Galactica, left the Colonies. We've been fleeing the Cylons ever since, in search of the Thirteenth Tribe."
    Ludger couldn't hide the look of weary confusion that passed over his face. Another dimension's history was going to be confusing, no matter how well one explained it. He could only wonder how many prime dimensions existed-- how many hundreds of thousands of years of history each one possessed. "The people of Thor..." Ludger muttered, remembering a world long passed. "They held a similar fate. Lost many millenniums ago, they converted their survivors-- their entire culture-- into data. They waited for a new generation to revive them." Said revival never came, a sore thought that Ludger felt no need to mention. He hoped this woman's people one day found salvation, but it seemed there was nothing that could be done while they were here in this dimension.

"Still, no analogue to these Cylons exist where I'm from. That's why I've come-- to prevent that possibility."
    Last edited by Atomyk; 01-28-2015 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Kyle lets out a bitter laugh. "You're right there was a corruption. Us. It saw us in our entirety, inefficient, destructive. An obstacle to its new world. And it tried to clean that corruption out. At least that's he thinks. We don't know what happened exactly."

"Its possible. Connor's been putting the missing pieces together. He thinks that Skynet unleashed the virus upon the world so that the government would turn the nascent version version of itself on to eliminate the virus." Kyle pinched the bridge of his nose. "Skynet was supposed to be a defense network. It was designed to protect us."
    "And instead it sought to destroy you." Tali replied grimly.
    "Thank you for the information Kyle. Now if you'll excuse me."

She'd bid her farewells and move to make some deductions of her own.

Her omni-tool would spring to life as she started running diagnostics and see if she could find out anything that could help her out in this world.

"Very nice to meet you, young lady. Indeed, the past has already happened, but time is...malleable. It can be changed, to a certain extent. However, mass changes to time can cause cataclysmic changes to the present, and open alternative presents,as Cameron here can vouch for. Time Travel is most definitely possible. This Police Box is not a Police Box. And as for the broadcast. I suspected that it may be a call for help against the Daleks.
    Cameron looked at the Doctor. "If you time it right you can cross-drift into a different lane. Not forward. Not back. Sideways. That is how most of you were brought here. Connor opened the TDE to all the time streams. Truly anybody could walk through. Pandora's box."

"Who are you?" Sheba asked. "These machines ... are they the Cylons? Are we back on the Twelve Colonies or is this ... some other world?"

The one called Kyle spoke of an 'AI' that turned against them that activated an arsenal and wiped out most of this world's population.

"But why would this Skynet be attacking humans?" Sheba asked. "Did the Cylons change its programming?"
    "It saw the sum of us and found us lacking. I personally find its opinion lacking. That's why I kill any machine I find on god's green earth."

Rick sighed. He was weary, but might as well help out here.

"Yea, just tell me who we're fighting kid" Rick replied, right hand on his holster
    "Skynet. It was an A.I defense system that became active in the early twenty first century. It decided to defend itself by launching a pre-emptive attack. It launched America's nuclear payload and the rest of the world followed suit. When it was over there was only a few hundred thousand of us and one of it. Since then its been waging a war to wipe us out. We are the Resistance."

Quote Originally Posted by Atomyk View Post
    "Spirius is a corporation," Ludger said, crossing his arms. "We're-- They're... sort of the reason why I'm here. The Department of Dimensional Affairs wanted to look into the matter. I also happen to be the, uh.... CEO." He looked down slightly, feeling a touch embarrassed. The last thing he wanted to do was come off as boasting. "Anyway, any name you want is good with me."

Cameron walked up to the man and put her hand on his neck. "What are you? Your reading don't match up with any known or theorized form of life."

"Fa Mulan, Sub Commander, Wei Army, China, reporting for duty."

"I don't want to fight a war, I want to live a normal life. But we can not choose. I have experience in war, and I hope to contribute what I can to our cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Mari View Post

"Fa Mulan, Sub Commander, Wei Army, China, reporting for duty."

"I don't want to fight a war, I want to live a normal life. But we can not choose. I have experience in war, and I hope to contribute what I can to our cause.
    "Do you understand where you are? What's going on?"

Quote Originally Posted by Thuro Pendragon View Post
    Cameron walked up to the man and put her hand on his neck. "What are you? Your reading don't match up with any known or theorized form of life."
    Reacting suddenly, he took a step back from her. He recoiled at the implications of what she was saying. "W-What? I'm... a person." He stared at her pleadingly for a moment, eventually sagging his shoulders. "I come from a place called Elympios." He then looked around at the others, thinking he didn't look too different from everybody else-- Ah, but wait, he was forgetting the most obvious explanation. "I'm of the Kresnik clan," he explained. The last of my kind. "We have... some odd traits..." He smiled a bit, trying to play it off as amusement.