Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mulan View Post
    "Big Fan. I am Fa Mulan. What province are you from?"
    Hicks was confused. "Province? No, ma'am, I'm not from any province." He looked at the Terminator, and saw where her shots were hitting, mostly center mass.

"Mind if I try?" Hicks asked. He fired his M41A Pulse Rifle, taking the Terminator's head off with about ten rounds aimed at the head.

"How's that sir?" he asked Reese. He winked at Mulan.

The Terminator sat back up, half of its face covering missing. Kyle walked up to it and in one smooth motion pulled out his sidearm and fired a single bullet into its CPU chip.

"Never assume these things are dead recruit. I once saw a 'dead one' sit up and rip half of a squadron apart with its minigun."

Kyle fired another round into its head. "Always make sure its dead."
    Last edited by Thuro Pendragon; 01-29-2015 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuro Pendragon View Post
    "It all worked out in the end then." Cameron tilted her head to the side. "Do you believed they deserved a second chance?"
    That one was easy. "I think we all do." Foolish or not, it was the right thing to believe in, or so Ludger thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomyk View Post
    That one was easy. "I think we all do." Foolish or not, it was the right thing to believe in, or so Ludger thought.
    "Perhaps when this over I can give them a second chance. If you believe that they deserve mercy."

Quote Originally Posted by Kirah View Post
    Karen Murphy sat on the couch in her living room that was still designed as her grandmother had done it. Murphy scratched Mister the giant cat under his chin. He purred quite pleased with the attention. Murphy had to wonder if Dresden had paid him much attention. Her heart twisted. Dresden was dead. It was a painful reminder. Right next to the mess that his death had left. The power vacuum was still trying to fill.

Murphy had just stood when something she had to describe as magical appeared in front of her. Odd how before Dresden she wouldn't have leaped at something being magical. A voice asked her if she was willing to become death. Wasn't that what she had been when she had picked up the sword? The sword that was no longer hers. She could bear it.

Murphy decided that she was ready for a change in pace. She needed to get out of here where too many memories of Dresden permeated everything.

Quickly Murphy pulled on her boots and grabbed her not quite legal gun a .22. She decided that she'd also put on the armor from Charity. Between the steel chain that protected from swords and the flak jacket she would be well protected. Her movement in the armor was surprisingly smooth. Admittedly she would be able to do akido at her best, but she'd be able to take a bullet. Murphy didn't know what she should be expecting but prepared for the worst she walked through the bubble.

She appeared with her gun drawn. "I was told there was an enemy." Her eyes darting around the room trying to assess the situation. The metal man marching toward a young man seemed to be a threat, it Murphy was a cop and needed to know who her superior officer was here and what was needed of her.
    Kyle walked up to the woman. He still seemed a little exuberant at killing a machine. "Do you know why you're here?"

Spectacular Member

Kyle walked up to the woman. He still seemed a little exuberant at killing a machine. "Do you know why you're here?"
    "There was a magical bubble that asked for help." Murphy responded. She let herself looked relaxed, resting the arm holding her gun at her side. Leaned heavily to one side and looked over the man speaking to her.

Military definitely, most here appeared to be fighters. The one who spoke to her had finished off the robot with what Dresden would have called a double tap.

To a well trained eye, or someone who knew her well enough they would recognize she was not only ready to raise the gun again, but her stance was seconds away from a powerful fighting stance.

Kyle laughed and put his gun back in its holster. "Magic doesn't exist. No what brought you here is good old technology." He noticed that she was about to pull her gun and start shooting. "Woah. Relax. That was a training exercise. The recruits were never in danger." He chuckled. "Didn't let them know though."

He put a hand calmingly on her gun hand. "Why don't you let me explain. And then if you want to you can shoot me. Does that sound okay?"

Spectacular Member

Murphy smiled as he said there was no magic. There was a time she would have said the same thing years ago. Now magic was something she was all too familiar with.

"No offense. When one goes through a portal they do so prepared for anything." She holstered the gun. "Please explain."
    Last edited by Kirah; 01-29-2015 at 09:11 PM.

The Terminator sat back up, half of its face covering missing. Kyle walked up to it and in one smooth motion pulled out his sidearm and fired a single bullet into its CPU chip.

"Never assume these things are dead recruit. I once saw a 'dead one' sit up and rip half of a squadron apart with its minigun."

Kyle fired another round into its head. "Always make sure its dead."
    "Just saving ammo, that's all. Short controlled bursts." Hicks responded.

"Note taken."

Murphy smiled as he said there was no magic. There was a time she would have said the same thing years ago. Now magic was something she was all to familiar with.

"No offense. When one goes through a portal they do so prepared for anything." She holstered the gun. "Please explain."

"Did you see that machine that the kid shot? That's a Terminator. Its designed to kill us, humans I mean. And by itself it wouldn't be so bad. But its the intelligence behind it that's the enemy. Its called Skynet. And it's wiped out most of humanity. You see that girl over there?"
    He pointed at Cameron. "Me and her are Resistance Fighters. We fight back against the machines and do whatever we can to keep our heads attached to our necks a little longer."

"Any other questions or are you good for now?"

Spectacular Member

"Skynet." The word seemed familiar. Just like terminator. Maybe a word Dresden used. Had he known of this place? What was place? "Where...when are we?" That seemed like a valid question. Something Dresden would have asked. "Do they all look like that?" She had a vested interest in protecting humans, it was kind of her stichk, that and being human herself. It was what made her different around his crowd and she wore it then as she would now, like a badge of pride.

"Skynet." The word seemed familiar. Just like terminator. Maybe a word Dresden used. Had he known of this place? What was place? "Where...when are we?" That seemed like a valid question. Something Dresden would have asked. "Do they all look like that?" She had a vested interest in protecting humans, it was kind of her stichk, that and being human herself. It was what made her different around his crowd and she wore it then as she would now, like a badge of pride.

"Twenty-twenty-eight. Connor thinks...well I suppose he'll tell you himself when you meet him yourself." Kyle stopped, having almost slipped up. He hurriedly changed the subject. "Do they all look like that? No. There are several different combat units. And then there Cameron. She's different. An infiltrator. She's not from around here." He glanced at her. "Kind of like you."

"Listen. If there is something called magic in your world it needs to be scanned, make sure it isn't dangerous. Would you be alright with the machine analyzing you? It'll be painless."

Spectacular Member

Murphy nodded as the guy explained. She'd have more questions later, "I don't mind. I'm Karrin Murphy by the way." She held out her hand for him to shake. "I don't use the magic though. I guess I have been exposed to it though." That was an understatement. The amount of magic Murphy had been around since she had met Dresden had to be an insane amount.
    Last edited by Kirah; 01-29-2015 at 10:24 PM.

"Perhaps when this over I can give them a second chance. If you believe that they deserve mercy."
    "Is that possible?" Ludger asked, cautiously. "There's no possible fractured-- er, alternate dimensions of mine own for that to be possible now." As far as he knew, of course.

Murphy nodded as the guy explained. She'd have more questions later, "I don't mind. I'm Karen Murphy by the way." She held out her hand for him to shake. "I don't use the magic though. I guess I have been exposed to it though." That was an understatement. The amount of magic Murphy had been around since she had met Dresden had to be an insane amount.
    Having superior Terminator hearing she immediately came over and took Murphy's hand. "Biology normal. No foriegn energy or particles. All reading's are within normal levels." She didn't let go of her hand though.

"My name's Ky"... He was interrupted by Murphy's scream. Cameron was crushing her hand. Without hesitation Kyle pulled out his gun and shot her in the face. She fell to the floor, releasing Murphy's hand in the process. Kyle tipped her body over with his hand. One human eye and one lifeless red eye stared back.

A strangely triumphant smile was displayed on Kyle's face. And then he noticed Murphy kneeling on the floor. He urgently spoke into his radio. "Send in Kate NOW!" "I'm so sorry." He told her.